a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how all the detractors, the TALKING HEADS are accusing JM of "trying to make a name for himself" when THEY are the ones on television TALKING ABOUT JM. Who's trying to get noticed here? JM's at work--the same job he's done for the last 25 years. He didn't ask for the cameras, and they'll be gone as he wins his next case. Talking Heads are attention w&ores. :twocents:

:goodpost:

Very well said!! :rocker:

Interesting! I don't know anything about this...I'll email Beth. ;)

She doesn't have a restraining order against my email. that I know of. lol

Is Shana Druckerman also Shana Hogan I wonder?

KCL, it looks like Shana Druckerman works for ABC.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/shana-druckerman/2b/a09/717
Current

Producer at ABC News

Past

Owner / Producer at Hit the Ground Productions
Producer at Self Employed
Associate Producer / Booker / PA at CBS News

MINUTE ENTRY
The Court has received and reviewed Defendant?s Motion for Protective Order.
IT IS ORDERED setting oral argument on Defendant?s motion for March 27, 2013 at
9:00 a.m. before the Honorable Joseph C. Welty.
cc: Shana Druckerman via email
Beth Karas via email
Paul Matadeen via email

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...3/m5692730.pdf

protective order is not the same as a restraining order...it has to do with keeping info from being publicly released to my understanding.

'ironically' WildAboutTrial twittered this like 1 minute ago:

There is a hearing tomorrow morning at 9 about the motion for protective order.

Turns out Beth was asking for details on the cost of the defense for #JodiArias. The order is because defense doesn't want to release info.

Here we go:
WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 5m
Turns out Beth was asking for details on the cost of the defense for #JodiArias. The order is because defense doesn't want to release info.

ooops, sorry Lil Buddy didn't mean to repeat you

I have never heard anything about this...elaborate?

I was poking around here for the same reason. I'm not sure about the original poster that asked, but if you look at the court minutes dated 3/25/13, there's a note about the protection order being requested by the defendant - with cc's to Beth Karas, and two others (names I did not recognize: Shana Druckerman and Paul Matadeen) all three via email. A different Judge (not Stephens).

Have no idea what it means, any ideas?
Edited to add: Oops, sorry - looks like it was answered during my slow typing question

Speaking of THs and their comments.. just heard Ryan Smith on HLN in the last hour talking about their new 10PM show last night.. subject was......"was TA guilty of abuse"... he said 89% of people responding to their online query said YES.... were these JA supporters triple replying or did they think they were being funny?? I mean really... 89% on this planet... I find that reaaaaaal hard to believe!
BBM

Just one more tidbit that came in yesterday.

Our Sweetiepie (our friend we've all embraced) Bill from the Dr. Drew Show, asked the Palomar PR person for assistance for the Alexander family as it's the closest hotel to the courthouse (and where most media stay).

He negotiated a rate for them around 50% off (still pricey but anyway).

I'm thinking it would be great during verdict watch for them to stay there a couple of nights because of proximity (I don't think deliberations will be that long imo).

It'd be nice if we could help them out with that when the time comes. I'd cover a night for them myself.

I emailed the family just now with info about the house one of our posters told me about and also this Palomar rate. Just keeping you all in the loop.

Speaking of THs and their comments.. just heard Ryan Smith on HLN in the last hour talking about their new 10PM show last night.. subject was......"was TA guilty of abuse"... he said 89% of people responding to their online query said YES.... were these JA supporters triple replying or did they think they were being funny?? I mean really... 89% on this planet... I find that reaaaaaal hard to believe!
BBM

yeah, I think people just didn't follow the question..they saw "guilty" and chose that...not realizing who was on "trial" in that stupid demo or whatever was TRAVIS. Not cool imo. He's not on trial so why lay it out that way? Sorry Vinnie, lost me on that one.

yeah, I think people just didn't follow the question..they saw "guilty" and chose that...not realizing who was on "trial" in that stupid demo or whatever was TRAVIS. Not cool imo. He's not on trial so why lay it out that way? Sorry Vinnie, lost me on that one.

If you go to the poll online now... its says 90% found TA NOT GUILTY of abusing JA. I don't know if they fixed it from last night or what, but that's what it says.

http://www.hlntv.com/poll/2013/03/25/travis-alexander-abused-jodi-arias

Thank you for that.. either my ears are tired or he was half paying attention during his 10 seconds and misspoke... so relieved. Kaitiecoo since you are close at hand and have some experience in the matter (which means I'll listen).. am I just so totally anti everything JA or does ALV come across a little on the light-weight side. She seems so much just an advocate/trainer (and nothing wrong with this) than someone who really has clinical or scholarly information on REAL DV victims??

Hi Guys,

I'm not gonna be going down to court today. I'm just beat. I'm also working on some other things related to helping Travis' family so can work on that at home. I'll be watching with the rest of you on the feed though!

I'll go back now and see any questions.....yawwwwnnnn...just waking up over here. :seeya:

Please add your name to the list of people you take care of. :seeya:

Just one more tidbit that came in yesterday.

Our Sweetiepie (our friend we've all embraced) Bill from the Dr. Drew Show, asked the Palomar PR person for assistance for the Alexander family as it's the closest hotel to the courthouse (and where most media stay).

He negotiated a rate for them around 50% off (still pricey but anyway).

I'm thinking it would be great during verdict watch for them to stay there a couple of nights because of proximity (I don't think deliberations will be that long imo).

It'd be nice if we could help them out with that when the time comes. I'd cover a night for them myself.

I emailed the family just now with info about the house one of our posters told me about and also this Palomar rate. Just keeping you all in the loop.

Thank you for update... and Thank you for forwarding my message to the family I appreciate it!

if this goes like RS, LV will be on the stand the rest of this week and all of next, at least. then don't forget, there are jury questions and then direct and cross on the questions. it's ENDLESS.

THEN, assuming she's the last DT witness, we have rebuttal and yes, the DT crosses those witnesses.

i can easily see this going until may.

Oh my. I feel so sorry for the jurors. by now, I firmly believe they have all made up their minds...at least 11 to 1 guilty and I am hoping there isn't that one.

Any funny how its the only picture that ever makes her cry. I am guessing her family knew what happened, and all blamed her. Imagine your dog running away because your sister/daughter kicked it? A loyal black lab en plus!!! She must have received a lot of crap from her family, hence the crying when she sees that pic . I always wondered why it made her emotional, now it makes sense! Beeotch! People who hurt animals.....well we all know how that saying goes! Off to kiss my chocolate lab now and show him some loving before show time..

Yes. But remember she said she loves animals. What a liar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member