a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to Alyce looking tired today, as someone mentioned, I noticed that the corners of her mouth turned down more and more as the day went on. Sparring is not her cup of tea. Perhaps she is too old-fashioned.

To those in the courtroom, does AVL's attitude in the courtroom come across as rude as it does on TV? Does it make you feel as if everything she says is unreliable because she is so passive aggressive? It appears this way on the live stream, but I know it could be because the camera is right on her face.

I saw the end of direct and the beginning of cross last Thursday. I could hear her fine, but couldn't see her snarky expressions until i was at home and saw it later on YouTube.

In addition to Alyce looking tired today, as someone mentioned, I noticed that the corners of her mouth turned down more and more as the day went on. Sparring is not her cup of tea. Perhaps she is too old-fashioned.

She's not liking not being the one in charge. She strikes me as one who thinks she's the expert and is not to be questioned.

MOO

I am still FLOORED that ALV wanted to put JM in a time out, who does she think she is? And I am even more surprised at the Judge's response. I thought she would at least tell her not to have an outburst like that again.

Did the jurors jaw's fall open?

Ya know how when you've been through an ordeal and your energy stays up until it's over? Well that's me tonite after my brother coming home from nearly a month in the hospital, visiting him nightly, worrying about him constantly and bursting in to tears at HH after hearing his chipper voice in his own house tonite.

I guarantee you've never in your life heard someone appreciate a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken as I did tonite.

Also in response to "I'm so glad you're home" the words "I know you love me Kathy" .

Those are the words I want to take with me in to the dreamtime, not those of anything in this trial.

Well those words with the kind words I received from the Alexanders today and the hugs from all the family as we parted ways tonite.

Notes in the morning.

Nite all............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Faithful Courtroom Watchers,
How (if at all) did the "Not an expert on orgasms" (paraphrased) comment go down with the jury and/or gallery??

Also, because it's on my mind, it's so not like me to support a pathological liar's story, but my Daddy was raised by a widowed military mom who kept a wooden spoon beside her dinner plate at the table. According to my late Daddy's stories, it was never used. It did it's job just laying there. And only at the dinner table. Never in her purse. (RIP to my Dad, he was the most honest and amazing human being I've ever met. Just had to add that!)

That said, the idea that a wooden spoon equaled abuse, and given the outlandish stories therein, I just cannot get behind the abuse theory. As a rebellious teen in my day, I do know the power one 13 year old can have over a family in that day and age... I'm only 3 years older than JA. So I do know. I am not proud of how I know and why. Please don't hate me for that. I regret it every day.

Ya know how when you've been through an ordeal and your energy stays up until it's over? Well that's me tonite after my brother coming home from nearly a month in the hospital, visiting him nightly, worrying about him constantly and bursting in to tears at HH after hearing his chipper voice in his own house tonite.

I guarantee you've never in your life heard someone appreciate a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken as I did tonite.

Also in response to "I'm so glad you're home" the words "I know you love me Kathy" .

Those are the words I want to take with me in to the dreamtime, not those of anything in this trial.

Well those words with the kind words I received from the Alexanders today and the hugs from all the family as we parted ways tonite.

Notes in the morning.

AMAZING. Sisters are an incredibly special type of person, and believe me, when I say I love mine and hope to be one like you, I mean this with everything. My brothers both are on pedestals. Just adore them. My sister and I both just really anchor us all together. You are an incredible sister. Keep loving and keep that glue together love!! xo

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, I did not read all the entries here. This afternoon the judge told the jurors to check their calendars about possibly having court this Friday, another Friday, etc. etc. and to give their answer when they came back from afternoon break. I missed the last hour of court, so I was wondering if the judge received her answer, and are they having a half day of court this Friday? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Notes in the morning.

So glad sweet bro is home and you got to spend the evening with him.
Sweet dreams, G'nite.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, I did not read all the entries here. This afternoon the judge told the jurors to check their calendars about possibly having court this Friday, another Friday, etc. etc. and to give their answer when they came back from afternoon break. I missed the last hour of court, so I was wondering if the judge received her answer, and are they having a half day of court this Friday? Thanks in advance for your answer.

From what I could tell court was in recess. She leans over to and I just catch something about the schedule and then it goes to the state seal.

Hopefully we will know tomorrow. If I find out anything for sure I'll post here.

Sorry I don't have any more info than that.

From what I could tell court was in recess. She leans over to and I just catch something about the schedule and then it goes to the state seal.

Hopefully we will know tomorrow. If I find out anything for sure I'll post here.

Don't know if this helps:

VIA TWITTER:
MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 5h
Added #JodiArias trial dates:
Fri 4/12 - 9:30a-12:30p
Fri 4/26 - 9a-4p
Fri 5/3 - 10a-4p (if needed)
Retweeted by Melissa

Yes, there will be a half day of court this Friday per JSS at day end.

Notes in the morning.

big high 5s to your brother and to his loving sister

She confirmed with the jury at the end of the day that there WILL be court on those Fridays. She said that the May 3rd date may not be needed, but asked them to keep it scheduled.

I can't remember if she mentioned it at the same time, but she also said court will start at 10:30 this Thursday. One of the jurors has an appointment in the morning and can't be there by 9:30.

Notes in the morning.

KCL take care of yourself and your brother.........all of us here can wait on your notes

Notes in the morning.

sweet dreams you deserve them:)

Jodi in the courtroom reminds me of a little girl at church coloring in her coloring book and sitting close to momma! It's so surreal...the only time she is interested is when something is addressed or evidence she doesn't want in, IMO...

She reminds me of John Couey (murdered Jessica Lunsford in FL) coloring at the table during HIS trial. He got the death penalty. I doubt he's coloring now, because the crayons would melt where HE is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal