Found Deceased AK - Jaxson Brown, 5, hiking w/mom, Ketchikan, 26 Mar 2020

I haven't seen if the autopsy has been completed, so he could be released. I believe JT is still in the hospital after 4 surgeries, and her grandmother also passed over the weekend.
Oh man, one tragedy after another for this family. Rest in peace Jaxson and grandmother. Speed healing to the mother.

I hope this was just a horrible accident. She made a bad decision and paying dearly for it.

I've looked for a posted cause of death for poor little Jaxson and cannot find one. Should a charge be brought against his mother - and she is NOT a suspect at this time - the state would be responsible for her treatment, care and medical bills. We shall see what we shall see. However it works out, I pray that JUSTICE is served.

I've looked for a posted cause of death for poor little Jaxson and cannot find one. Should a charge be brought against his mother - and she is NOT a suspect at this time - the state would be responsible for her treatment, care and medical bills. We shall see what we shall see. However it works out, I pray that JUSTICE is served.
I don't expect any charges against mom. If grandma's health was bad or might have been a contributing factor toward poorly thought out plans for a diversionary outing. In these kind of situations, police and attorney's office usually consider living with the consequences to be more than adequate punishment. A million years of jail time can't bring a kid back to life.

I don't expect any charges against mom. If grandma's health was bad or might have been a contributing factor toward poorly thought out plans for a diversionary outing. In these kind of situations, police and attorney's office usually consider living with the consequences to be more than adequate punishment. A million years of jail time can't bring a kid back to life.
That’s the issue. We don’t know what the situation was because we don’t know COD. Adequate punishment can’t be determined without COD.

That’s the issue. We don’t know what the situation was because we don’t know COD. Adequate punishment can’t be determined without COD.
There are a lot of things we'll never know but in this case I think it's a pretty safe bet COD was exposure (or, horribly, animal attack). The circumstances are just too terrible for me to really suspect they were artificially constructed. I guess it's possible she might have injured herself in a suicide attempt but there are easier ways to commit murder/suicides even if you're trying to make it look like an accident (like using a car). I strongly expect COD will never be released because no charges will ever be filed, just like in the case of Faye Swetlick although for very different reasons.

There are a lot of things we'll never know but in this case I think it's a pretty safe bet COD was exposure (or, horribly, animal attack). The circumstances are just too terrible for me to really suspect they were artificially constructed. I guess it's possible she might have injured herself in a suicide attempt but there are easier ways to commit murder/suicides even if you're trying to make it look like an accident (like using a car). I strongly expect COD will never be released because no charges will ever be filed, just like in the case of Faye Swetlick although for very different reasons.
This mother is NOT a poi, suspect, etc. But this situation is nothing like little Faye who was snatched & murdered feet from her front yard by a stranger in a 15 minute blink.

Idk what happened here- many odd details. But WS is full of cases “too terrible” that were artificially constructed, so I don’t think anything’s a safe bet. Alaska, imho, still has a bit of a wild west spirit. Charges may never be considered. In other states they would. Hence the nationwide discrepancy with the handling of death of a child in a hot car. Sometimes charges are brought, sometimes not- with circumstances that run the full range of the gamut.

My concern from day 1 has been that a child went missing, then died, in totally avoidable horrific circumstances. A COD of hypothermia would not necessarily indicate accidental MOD. And if final COD/MOD is hypothermia/ accidental, I’d think family would want to release that just to terminate speculation in other directions. Moo

This mother is NOT a poi, suspect, etc. But this situation is nothing like little Faye who was snatched & murdered feet from her front yard by a stranger in a 15 minute blink.

Idk what happened here- many odd details. But WS is full of cases “too terrible” that were artificially constructed, so I don’t think anything’s a safe bet. Alaska, imho, still has a bit of a wild west spirit. Charges may never be considered. In other states they would. Hence the nationwide discrepancy with the handling of death of a child in a hot car. Sometimes charges are brought, sometimes not- with circumstances that run the full range of the gamut.

My concern from day 1 has been that a child went missing, then died, in totally avoidable horrific circumstances. A COD of hypothermia would not necessarily indicate accidental MOD. And if final COD/MOD is hypothermia/ accidental, I’d think family would want to release that just to terminate speculation in other directions. Moo
The cause of death was not released in Faye's case because she was a child and no charges were brought - so in that sense, it is like this case.

People have shot themselves, stabbed themselves and had other people rough them up in attempts to manufacture evidence but if you can reference a case in which a person intentionally broke their own limb severely enough to require multiple surgeries in order to throw off suspicion I'd be very interested to read it.

The cause of death was not released in Faye's case because she was a child and no charges were brought - so in that sense, it is like this case.

People have shot themselves, stabbed themselves and had other people rough them up in attempts to manufacture evidence but if you can reference a case in which a person intentionally broke their own limb severely enough to require multiple surgeries in order to throw off suspicion I'd be very interested to read it.
That is not correct. COD was publicly released in Faye’s case at press release. Full autopsy report was not released for obvious reasons out of sensitivity to family.
Autopsy results released on Faye Swetlik, 6-year-old found dead in Cayce, SC

I also never said or implied Jaxon’s mom broke her ankle intentionally. That, I believe, was an accident. Mo

Is it just me who thinks 1) a 5 mile hike is too much for a 5 y/o at the best of times?
2) inconceivable that a 5 y/o would be taken for a 5 mile hike in those conditions ?

Poor, poor child

For what's worth, my almost 4 year old son went on a 4 mile mild hike with me a couple of weeks ago. But obviously, the weather was very nice, and we were ona very popular and busy trail. He started whining a bit towards the end, but made it just fine back to the car.

For what's worth, my almost 4 year old son went on a 4 mile mild hike with me a couple of weeks ago. But obviously, the weather was very nice, and we were ona very popular and busy trail. He started whining a bit towards the end, but made it just fine back to the car.
But you probably didn't start your 5 mile hike 3 hours before dark---nor hike until knee deep snow, in a remote trail that was not clearly marked...

Is it just me who thinks 1) a 5 mile hike is too much for a 5 y/o at the best of times?
2) inconceivable that a 5 y/o would be taken for a 5 mile hike in those conditions ?

Poor, poor child
Not really, it depends on how active of a child you raise them to be. My now 11 year old ran a 10K when she was 5 years old and came in first place for her age group (5-10 year olds). Some kids enjoy good, wholesome exercise.

I lived in Alaska when I was 2yrs old and stayed there till I was 6. Hiking in the later time day is not uncommon there. We were a part of a Rv group. The lights in the skies are beautiful. It Also stays dark certain times of the year. We explored Alaska every chance my parents got. I have not seen a cause of death either. I am wondering why no more information available

Poor, poor child

It would not be too much for my kids at all. A 5 mile hike is a regular occurance for us. My kids have been hiking miles since they were able to walk.

We walk a very fine line here as very little has been released regarding any investigation but I keep thinking of Jaxson alone in the cold, watching his mama walk away. I just can’t imagine in my wildest dreams ever leaving any of my babies in such a situation. I can’t work out why he was left before mom hurt herself? I can’t think of any situation where Jaxson wouldn’t follow his mommy as she was walking away, called after her.

I can’t tell you how many times my kids have moaned they are tired or refused to walk on the very short walk home from school, they’ve sat on the floor in protest before now and I’ve done the old ‘ok, see ya kid, I’ll leave you here then’ within a few steps or in my son’s case as soon as I am out of sight I hear them come running ‘wait for me mom!!’. I can’t imagine Jaxson watching his mommy disappear and not calling after her or asking her to wait. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back