Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was probably thousands of DNA profiles in her car. Every friend who has ever been in it, every boyfriend, every family member who may have driven it/been in it, when she got the oil changed, the mechanic who drove it up the ramp, the children she nannied for, their parents, her dog, touch DNA, if she borrowed a sweatshirt or pair of shoes from a friend...many, many thousands of profiles. All mixed together, with no info as to who was the perp and who wasn’t, who had been in the car the day prior or a year ago. I’d be surprised if they’ve even gotten every piece of evidence sequenced yet. His DNA has to be in there.
I would think they would focus on the more heavily concentrated amount of dna....
There was probably thousands of DNA profiles in her car. Every friend who has ever been in it, every boyfriend, every family member who may have driven it/been in it, when she got the oil changed, the mechanic who drove it up the ramp, the children she nannied for, their parents, her dog, touch DNA, if she borrowed a sweatshirt or pair of shoes from a friend...many, many thousands of profiles. All mixed together, with no info as to who was the perp and who wasn’t, who had been in the car the day prior or a year ago. I’d be surprised if they’ve even gotten every piece of evidence sequenced yet. His DNA has to be in there.
If they tested however many dna samples they could collect from her car and ran them through the criminal database, I doubt there would be a match to her dog, friend or any of those other examples. There is no way that many criminals have been in her car this past year.

I seriously hate to be a debbie downer but I don't think Aniah is alive. I have always thought from the start she was no longer with us based on the fact they said right away after finding her car that they suspected foul play. Now that we know there was so much blood that was indicative of a life threatening injury it makes sense as to why they did not show the passenger side of the car and only took the picture of the whole car on the drivers side. I'm guessing they couldn't show the other side because of it being so gruesome.

Let's all say a prayer tonight for Aniah, her family, friends and for God to find her along with justice. Unless you've ever been in thier situation can you feel what they must be going through.

I saw her parents on tv, and it was quite heartbreaking. Her Mother was crying and numb. The stepfather was making a statement. This has been terrible for them.

I would think they would focus on the more heavily concentrated amount of dna....

If they tested however many dna samples they could collect from her car and ran them through the criminal database, I doubt there would be a match to her dog, friend or any of those other examples. There is no way that many criminals have been in her car this past year.

Likely not. But all of that takes a LOT of time. Look into the backlog of DNA testing at labs across the country. Some are months behind or longer. Even if items from this case are bumped to the top (and really, why should any case receive priority over other cases? Lots of loved ones are missing) it still takes a lot more time than most think. Each hair, each area suspected of blood, everything from all over the car. If there is a bullet hole, or brain matter, or something else that makes it extremely unlikely she is alive, there is even less reason to test those items ahead of others. I understand there’s a dangerous man (probably murderer) out there (not anymore), but there’s lots of other cases exactly like this one all over the country. And I’m not saying anything at all against aniah, just that unfortunately there’s many loved family members missing and other murders on the loose.

Many of those hairs and fingerprints and suspected blood spots were probably Aniah’s but each has to be tested individually. They don’t know that hair is from her dog or a child or her brother until it goes through the same tests as every other hair. They don’t just pick up a piece of evidence and press enter on a computer and it spits out a name. My guess is they did not have IY DNA isolated and identified when they released the pics. Just moo because it takes time and money and manpower.

Agreed your theory could be a possibility. What is scary about that possibility is IF he was just the brute force, like someone paid him to kidnap her, or he was part of a GROUP that did it- there are potentially some VERY dangerous peeps still out there. This momma would probably be moving in with her kid if she had one at Auburn.

The story about the silver car also DOES Not say WHO was driving the silver or grey car. Just that HE / IY got into it.

I do think we aren’t being given all the info but they have it. If they saw him get in a car on video, they surely saw who got in her car. I know there has been speculation on the camera angle. But I’m going to hope they have more. Or possibly they saw someone get into her car but they were not at all identifiable therefore that info is being left out for leverage.

All IMHO
Maybe police went after IY first, as they see him as the weakest link. Maybe they have ideas about others but no concrete information. Plus he’s plain as day on video in store. LE may hope that he’ll end up giving up the story or that they can out smart him. He looks/seems very evil, which only makes me more scared if he has smarter, more evil accomplices. I know that there is more to this story that we’re missing.

Thoughts...
1. Maybe because he did go “rogue” or further than what he was supposed to and his partners in crime left him.
2. Maybe he’s just dumb
3. Maybe he had other plans for the vehicle?
Did he commit other crimes with it?[
/QUOTE]
RSBBM - Maybe all of the above? Most certainly #2 regardless of anything else!

I saw her parents on tv, and it was quite heartbreaking. Her Mother was crying and numb. The stepfather was making a statement. This has been terrible for them.
I saw her father and stepmother, they are praying for IY to have it in his heart to come forward with the location of AB please pray for all of them .

Auburn is probably the safest place a college kid could be. It sounds like one student of Auburn University has been kidnapped/murder in 2008. I was at Auburn from 1999-2004 and it’s the safest place I’ve ever been.
The location this abduction happened is not on campus. It’s towards the interstate which is usually a sketchy area anywhere.

Painting Auburn as a place you would move in with your child shows you don’t know anything about Auburn.

I don’t know anyone that went to Southern Union nor do I even know where the campus is located. I heard that people that couldn’t get in Auburn would take classes at Southern Union to get grades up.

Please don’t say false things about my alma mater and the loviest village on the plains.

I too am an Auburn graduate and have a child currently at Auburn. We’d be fools, especially at this point, to believe Auburn is immune to Evil Monsters committing crimes. It’s a sad world out there and no place is truly completely safe. Sigh :(
This isn’t against Auburn, the loviest village on the plains. It’s Just a harsh reality.

Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway, teamed up with Texas EquuSearch on Saturday, according to a Facebook post by the non-profit group. Founder Tim Miller, whose daughter was abducted and murdered in North Galveston County, Texas in 1984 and not found until two years later, also assisted Holloway in the search for her daughter.
Natalee Holloway’s mother joins search for Aniah Blanchard

Other posters have discussed the "Young Rich Crum" gang, as Yazeed mentions those words in one of his posts on Facebook (As shown on Heavy.com article - below).

This would be an ideal time to round up some gang members as the police did 2 years ago in Montgomery. I fervently hope they do, for the safety of the citizens living around that area.

All I can say to another gang roundup by the police is "Go Team!"

https://www.alabamanews.net/2017/02/02/montgomery-police-team-feds-gang-roundup/
"Montgomery Police teamed up with federal law enforcement to crack down on gangs in the city."

"The suspects allegedly come from several different gangs, including Crum Nation, Gangster Disciples, Hardy Boys, and the King Hill Murk Gang. Chief Finley says these arrests focused on some of the more dangerous members."

“ So we’re not talking low fliers, they’re heavy hitters that have an extensive record and it’s documented. So that’s why the US attorney is taking a stance. They’re really the worst of the worst,” said Finley."

https://heavy.com/news/2019/11/ibraheem-yazeed/
"On a second Facebook page, he wrote, “I Thank Allah and (name removed by Heavy) for me being free …Black Man Loyalty… Young Rich Crum…”

These are just my own opinions.

Last edited:
I suspect that even though Alabama collects dna from those arrested, they don’t process every sample. Alabama is a poor state, and I can’t imagine the state is spending what it would take to process the dna of every person arrested in the state. My guess is even if they had his dna from her car, they had not run IY’s dna from his arrest.
I disagree. I think public safety is a priority in every state including Alabama.
JMO
Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences

Auburn is probably the safest place a college kid could be. It sounds like one student of Auburn University has been kidnapped/murder in 2008. I was at Auburn from 1999-2004 and it’s the safest place I’ve ever been.

The location this abduction happened is not on campus. It’s towards the interstate which is usually a sketchy area anywhere.

Painting Auburn as a place you would move in with your child shows you don’t know anything about Auburn.

I don’t know anyone that went to Southern Union nor do I even know where the campus is located. I heard that people that couldn’t get in Auburn would take classes at Southern Union to get grades up.

Please don’t say false things about my alma mater and the loviest village on the plains.

While I sincerely appreciate your point of view, I don't believe the OP was intending to portray AU crime rates falsely. And their comment about "moving in" with their child was a factual statement, based on the crime logs produced by the university itself. These are not rumors. :)

Auburn University - Department of Public Safety and Security

Just like any other university, AU has had it's fair share of violent crimes that have been reported on campus. Here is a sampling of some of them:

2012-2019-
92 rape/sexual assaults reports
113 Aggravated Assaults reports
214 Stalking reports
1 murder report (09/09/2018)
3 missing persons reports
6 strong arm reports (threatening the use of physical force or violence to gain an objective)
21 Harassment/Intimidation reports

I have not included ALL campus reported crimes- just the more recent ones that may cause a mother or father to be concerned about the safety and welfare of their child while attending there.

I think we can all agree that we live in a dangerous world, and this case is heartbreaking. Students attending universities away from home must visit the surrounding communities to complete tasks associated with daily living (fuel, groceries, clothing purchases, supplies, etc.). If the surrounding communities have a high crime rate, this would be a valid reason for a parent to be concerned.

Apparently IY had a court appearance today which is rare on a Sunday. Media was not allowed into the court nor was a rep from the DA's office. A gag order was issued and the article states,

"a gag order has been issued in this case, something rarely seen at the district court level."

Hmmm looks like we might not get many details on this case unless the gag order is lifted. I have so many questions.

Suspect in Aniah Blanchard disappearance appears before Lee County judge

I suspect that even though Alabama collects dna from those arrested, they don’t process every sample. Alabama is a poor state, and I can’t imagine the state is spending what it would take to process the dna of every person arrested in the state. My guess is even if they had his dna from her car, they had not run IY’s dna from his arrest.

I had brought up way earlier in the thread about the backlogs that a great many states have due to processing all of the criminals arrested. The back logs on rape kits alone has made national news and its a nationwide problem.

In looking at the two images from the surveillance videos that LE released of IY, he very well could be wearing gloves. I know the images are super grainy and light and shadow can be interpreted funny in low resolution, but I think it looks like he has some on.

Attachments

• 5CCD11ED-9365-47C5-ABBD-4313FE93E130.jpeg
    5CCD11ED-9365-47C5-ABBD-4313FE93E130.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 68F7DBA6-747A-4162-866A-D6D700DF0B2C.jpeg
    68F7DBA6-747A-4162-866A-D6D700DF0B2C.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 119
S

I stated MY opinion. The fact is when you attend school anywhere you don’t always stay on campus. And I was being a bit facetious yet it is quite uncommon for random kidnappings like this to happen. LE believes others are involved. Until we know who, and why, my opinion is everyone should be extra vigilant in Montgomery and Auburn.

Your post made me want to re-link the Auburn crime log. There is an arrest on 11-2 that is interesting. “Obstruction government Operations” I wonder what that means. Auburn University Crime Log
The single biggest problem with Auburn is it’s proximity to other areas that have bad reputations for being high crime or at least significantly higher than Auburn: Montgomery, Tuskegee, and Columbus/Phenix City. These areas all have problems with drugs, crime, gangs, etc. and none are further than 60 miles away. Auburn represents the best place to go if you are a criminal because it’s close and AU is made up of students and faculty that are typically of middle to upper class in terms of economics.

Last edited:
Apparently IY had a court appearance today which is rare on a Sunday. Media was not allowed into the court nor was a rep from the DA's office. A gag order was issued and the article states,

"a gag order has been issued in this case, something rarely seen at the district court level."

Hmmm looks like we might not get many details on this case unless the gag order is lifted. I have so many questions.

Suspect in Aniah Blanchard disappearance appears before Lee County judge
Not like we were getting any details anyway. This case is so frustrating. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads