Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE in Auburn walk a fine line between seriously pursuing criminals and pushing things that might make Auburn look bad under the rug. I lived within a single mile from Lori Slesinsky when she went missing in 2006 and never even heard about her disappearance until about three years later. It’s been 13 years and although they did finally arrest a guy (the last person to see her)
they have yet to actually find her. Is Auburn safer than most places...yes. But I do think a lot more goes on than the public is really ever made aware of and I think sometimes that’s by design.

Reminds me of the movie, "The Florida Project." I wonder if the witness could be a long-term renter and the hotel room is his home.

I was thinking the same thing. That is a definite possibility and would make sense as to why his wife/ gf was also staying there.

I found the miscarriage comment odd..how is that relevant? unless it was mentioned that if happened after Aniah was abducted and the witness felt it was some sort of bad karma due to not coming forward. -MOO

I, too, have had the Clarion pegged as the place where that hour was spent. It's a sketchy place. That's where I go to vote. It has a seedy feel to it. I'm always shocked when they have the Daddy Daughter dances there.

I didn't mention it because I thought, surely there would be cameras with footage there, and, once the police knew it happened at the Chevron, they would look into it. This is crazy. Let's hope IYs DNA is a match for the DNA in the car.
If this hotel is so seedy, why haven't the police shut it down? Sounds like it is nothing more than a prostitutes play house. If the public ( Auburn WS's know, I am sure the police know) The Clarion hotel is a chain Auburn needs to pressure corporate to shut it down.

Two videos are embedded in the following article. The second one contains snippets of testimony by the detective on the case.

Judge orders Aniah Blanchard kidnapping suspect to take DNA test

So as I was watching the second video I heard the detective say: Not with “their” name, but he did identify “them” as being responsible for Aniah’s disappearance.

The DA then asks more specifically: who did he [the witness] identify on video?

Detective says: IY and mentions his unique jacket.

Did the detective mean to say their and them? I was just wondering if that means there’s another suspect still out there and maybe that would explain why the witness was so hesitant and scared to report what he saw? Especially now that IY’s lawyer was asking questions about the witness’s criminal history. Could possibly use that to identify the witness.

I hate to be so straight forward but I think if he raped Aniah that it was honestly done in her car which could be why they found male DNA in the vehicle. I realize a DNA profile can tell you male or female but it's highly possible that it was semen that was found too. I personally don't think anything happened to her in the hotel.

I'm in a Facebook group for Aniah(not the one her mom is in) and there is a person in there who went to the court hearing yesterday. I have invited them to come get verified on Websleuths and post in the thread with us. They posted some really interesting information that hasn't been in MSM yet.

If you go back to what LE said when they released the POI announcement they said “seen leaving the area sometime later in a 2000’s model Lincoln Town Car...”
She was at the store at 11:30 and her car wasn’t headed toward Interstate 85 until 12:30. Where were they during that hour? And how could he be seen leaving in that Lincoln “from the area” (notice they didn’t actually name the gas station he could have been leaving the hotel) but also be in her car too...

I also noticed it the clip of the hearing I saw as IY walked back when it was over he seemed to look at a woman with long partially red dreads and big eyelashes...anyone know who that could be? Someone there for him perhaps? I could only see her for a split second. Did anyone else notice that?

I don’t know why he waited. I can speculate but I could be wrong. IMHO it had nothing to do with the reward. He didn’t come forward. He was basically investigated, imho.
Here's what I don't get about the witness not coming forward. The video of Aniah in the gas station was released very early. That means everyone knew that there was footage from inside the Chevron that night, and knew that LE was looking at it. At that point, this witness knew he was on camera (and so did IY).

I can see that maybe he was scared of LE, scared of IY, scared of his wife finding out he was at a hotel with a sex worker, whatever - but he risked having his picture blasted all over MSM, just like they did with IY's photo from inside the Chevron. Why not come forward once you know you're on camera? IY got a lot of heat for this exact thing ("if he's innocent, he would have come forward and admitted he was in the store and cleared his name").

I'm not saying I don't think IY did it, but I feel like this witness' behavior put him in a much riskier position than just calling LE. What if IY had called in an anonymous tip that he had witnessed a man in a denim jacket force her into her car?

I also noticed it the clip of the hearing I saw as IY walked back when it was over he seemed to look at a woman with long partially red dreads and big eyelashes...anyone know who that could be? Someone there for him perhaps? I could only see her for a split second. Did anyone else notice that?
Wow, yeah. IMO he definitely looks like he recognizes someone and looks surprised to see them there. He doesn't notice them on the way into the courtroom. I can't tell if it's the woman with the red dreads, or the blonde woman next to her. There's a good shot of it in the second video here (it should be the still shot befor eyou even play the video): DNA test ordered for Aniah Blanchard kidnapping suspect; Witness regrets not coming forward sooner

It looks more like he's looking at the blonde woman to me.

I agree with all of you on the witness thing. I don’t want to witness shame here but when LE testified and didn’t know the relationship of the woman to the witness..girlfriend- wife whatever I call BS! We all know how high profile this case is. I think LE didn’t ask because they didn’t want to know...ie.. they could tell she was a hooker. If they’d asked and the witness said oh no we are XYZ.. and IY’s lawyers could prove otherwise then the witnesses would have credibility issues or if they asked and found out for sure LE would have to testify to that under oath. You know if this man was in that shady hotel and in that Chevron they would want to know if the woman he was with could corroborate his timeline. I say LE saw IY and the Witness walk into the store together...LE Contacts the other guy and puts pressure on him to ID IY hoping IY will flip the table and blame it all on the witness...but IY isn’t talking...yet.
Side note...in my experience one can never trust a full grown man who wears a jean jacket.

I agree with all of you on the witness thing. I don’t want to witness shame here but when LE testified and didn’t know the relationship of the woman to the witness..girlfriend- wife whatever I call BS! We all know how high profile this case is. I think LE didn’t ask because they didn’t want to know...ie.. they could tell she was a hooker. If they’d asked and the witness said oh no we are XYZ.. and IY’s lawyers could prove otherwise then the witnesses would have credibility issues or if they asked and found out for sure LE would have to testify to that under oath. You know if this man was in that shady hotel and in that Chevron they would want to know if the woman he was with could corroborate his timeline. I say LE saw IY and the Witness walk into the store together...LE Contacts the other guy and puts pressure on him to ID IY hoping IY will flip the table and blame it all on the witness...but IY isn’t talking...yet.
Side note...in my experience one can never trust a full grown man who wears a jean jacket.

BBM.

I am now SORELY tempted to upload a pic of myself in my fave jean jacket as proof of just how darned spiffy it can look on the right sort (i.e., not a violent criminal) of full-grown man...

Did the hearing provide any new insights into possible accomplices, including one who might have been the driver of IY's car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224