Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Not likely. This is in a landlocked area of Alabama, nowhere near the small stretch of coast to the south along the Gulf.
I am in no way leaning towards a gator, but there are gators all over Mississippi and Alabama inland and otherwise. We had gators running the streets in a local city after a couple of weeks of heavy rains. The ditches were full and they came to town. It happens every year. There is video out there if you want to look for it. Gators are not just on the gulf coast.

I have pics but they won’t post right now. Regarding the lay of the land: the terrain right by the sign she parked by goes down a steep ditch. But if you go to the neighborhood through the woods, the backyards go uphill in the back. So she’d go down then climb up then walk back down. I’ll post the pics when it cooperates. It’s definitely NOT flat terrain that one could easily skip through to the neighborhood through the woods.
I wondered about the terrain.
Is it possible in the dark she slip and fell down an incline? I suppose maybe they would have spotted her already but people and vehicles have been known to be overlooked by searchers.

That is a reflection from the blinker of the car changing lanes. If you look at the good quality video it is easy to tell.
The light in the TMZ video is compelling but it’s definitely a strange reflection of oncoming headlights. For one thing, that same pattern of light also appears earlier in the video around the 1:30ish minute mark and elsewhere, just at a shorter duration than the reflections in the TMZ time stamp. These discrepancies would be caused by differing car types, lane changes, and other cars blocking the light. The TMZ call-out captured a ‘perfect rendition” of how those lights reflect there.

Secondly, looking at the terrain in that particular section, neither an atv or bike of any type would be going down that hill due to the short steepness and shallow landing area in front of a busy highway, let alone at the speed at which the light is moving. If anything it looks more like how a drone would navigate that spot. It’s definitely just headlight reflections though. I believe others mentioned it was wet that night which would also cause confusing reflections.

Last edited:
I have been following all of the theories and posts. I believe that this woman saw something that she thought was a child, turned around, approached where she last saw that child and was attempting to help this child. I think she encountered a scenario that none of us want to encounter and that she was dragged off. I think focusing on the surrounding neighborhoods and the terrain in that area is great. I don’t believe she had mental health issues and believe she was trying to do the right thing but stumbled on a situation that was beyond what she could do in that moment. I can see myself doing the same thing and that is what makes this tragic…we all see things and want to help..but for Carlee this turned tragic. This could be me.. may we find her!

Steve Lookner
@lookner

Around 45 mins ago, the Hoover, Alabama scanner reported that Carlee Russell's family said they had received a call from Carlee saying she was at a Red Roof Inn. But it's not clear it was really Carlee. (Heard this on scanner myself.) Police investigating.
Whoa! Hopefully it’s not a cruel prank

Has anyone heard the 911 call recording? Weird that dispatch wouldn't keep her on the phone with them until the officers arrived, which I read somewhere was very quickly, purportedly within 3 mins. Also I saw on her FB she posting awhile back she was graduating a few days, but then I never saw any posts about her actual graduation. Perhaps it wasn't a public post and that's why, or maybe she didn't graduate and had a mental breakdown of sorts. Seems like if she was close to finishing nursing school she wouldn't have been working at spa at this point. Does anyone know if she still lived at home with her parents, or had a significant other?

Attachments

• 8385BD1F-C7C2-4E9C-891D-44FC92D6F48E.jpeg
    8385BD1F-C7C2-4E9C-891D-44FC92D6F48E.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 107

<modsnip: Referenced post was removed due to FB rumor>

"Russell is a student at Jefferson State Community College, where she is studying to be a registered nurse. She has a bachelor’s degree in psychology from AUM."

From Jefferson State Com College's own official FB page:

"The entire Jefferson State community is extremely concerned for the safety of Student Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell and we are praying for her safe return as soon as possible."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member