AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My recollection was that the missing persons report was filed by JDT and in the process of going to make the report she or her husband ran into DW and got the phone. Essentially it sounded like they were both at the police department at the same time. It was a convoluted story so VI should do a rehash I think. DW made his own report and was interviewed by LE. JDT made her report and also must have been interviewed by LE. LE has never spoken about interviewing DW OR JDT. We have never seen a copy of either of the missing persons reports filed. Perhaps the VI @cedgison can see if the missing persons report filed by JDT can be posted here so that we can verify basic details. I have to say that on the surface it appears that DW was being responsible and did go to the MPD.
@AtticusFitz Are missing persons reports public record?

What has JV said about her relationship with her daughter? If she Has she addressed it all? There are two sides to every story at the very least. JDT has said it was not good.
There was an early Skype interview with JV that is in 1st thread someplace and can be found via google search. I encourage you to take a listen and make your own decision. We talked alot about this in thread 1 and there were many POVs so check that out as well. The general view I believe of the earlier discussion was that no matter what the current state of the mother daughter relationship (JV commented on positive step forward DNV made in her new relationship last year on FB so they were in communication), JV is the birth mother of a missing person and deserves the respect of LE and the people searching for DNV.

To publicly disrespect a birth mother in the midst of a missing persons case is something that to me does little to add to the process of finding the missing person. CT many years from now will no doubt find the citations on the internet and is this the legacy anyone wants for their child? Sometimes saying nothing is the correct course of action and IMO the public FB lashing that JV received was not only undignified and inappropriate but not productive. Why not add another person to the search team?

Last edited:
I was thinking someone may have followed her from Dublin's and intended to follow her where she was going next but took the opportunity when she was alone at the Shell Station to make contact. They would not have known she didn't have her phone.
Agree. As I've said, I've believed from the beginning that Danni was targeted as soon as she picked up her vehicle. Someone who wanted her gone had a plan. She was followed. An opportunity presented itself to her followers when DW left the Shell station to retrieve Danni's phone. Her followers immediately pulled into the Shell station and blocked her new blue Chevy Cruz.....that she had saved so long for......from exiting. What happened next? GPS disabled and Danni was disappeared.

@AtticusFitz Are missing persons reports public record?
I've always thought of them as a police document and as they contain private and confidential information I don't believe they are public. What the police departments typically do is take the report and then transfer the basic information and picture into a poster type document and post it on their website/FB or social media pages and share their poster with the media. Whenever I have seen an actual missing report it has been provided by missing person family with the understanding that it was confidential. I have seen some reports where the family does share information and takes a black marker to pieces they don't want to be made public and other family take key information from the report and put it on the missing persons FB page or missing persons poster and choose never to share the report. I'm not an attorney and this info is just based on what I have seen on a number of cases.

We don’t know for fact she was abducted. She may have had this planned for all we know. New car seems suspicious. Maybe she’s met someone new that know one knows of. And the goals etc she left behind could have been what she’s wanting a new life for herself to be like. Money left behind. Maybe she did that deliberately and had enough to get where she was going. In the same breath I feel if she was abducted the mil and her son are on my radar. We just don’t have enough info to go off of yet.

What did she plan?

She was following DW and realized she forgot her phone. She flashed her lights at him, he chose the Shell station.

There was an early Skype interview with JV that is in 1st thread someplace and can be found via google search. I encourage you to take a listen and make your own decision. We talked alot about this in thread 1 and their were many POVs so check that out as well. The general view I believe of the earlier discussion was that no matter what the current state of the mother daughter relationship (JV commented on positive step forward DNV made in her new relationship last year on FB so they were in communication), JV is the birth mother of a missing person and deserves the respect of LE and the people searching for DNV.

To publicly disrespect a birth mother in the midst of a missing persons case is something that to me does little to add to the process of finding the missing person. CT many years from now will no doubt find the citations on the internet and is this the legacy anyone wants for their child? Sometimes saying nothing is the correct course of action and IMO the public FB lashing that JV received was not only undignified and inappropriate but not productive. Why not add another person to the search team?

I will definitely go watch it.

Thank you Very well said and pretty much where I was going with the question.

Putting aside any past differences and coming together seems like it would be more helpful. Unless of course there is more to the story than we’ve been privy to

I can show screenshots where it is confirmed that JDT requested the CCTW be pulled.

If she asked it to be pulled, wouldn't she want to at least watch it first? If I remember correctly it was stated that the family didn't get to watch the video. It seems to me that before asking the station to take it down they would at least watch it before it goes down.

Does any one else here scribble down notes of facts, info, etc. on a case, as they go along reading here and "sleuthing" at home, or on the conversations threads ? I do...... I now have a heavily marked out , scribbled on, three pieces of paper, and the only thing I can really make out anymore, are the initials of three people, over and over again.........Come on LE ! Solve this case !
I do this, too...

I keep notes of intriguing cases...

and this is CERTAINLY an intriguing case!!!

and yes...

I have had a difficult time keeping my notes accurate...
(Or... As accurate as possible with this situation...)

There was an early Skype interview with JV that is in 1st thread someplace and can be found via google search. I encourage you to take a listen and make your own decision. We talked alot about this in thread 1 and their were many POVs so check that out as well. The general view I believe of the earlier discussion was that no matter what the current state of the mother daughter relationship (JV commented on positive step forward DNV made in her new relationship last year on FB so they were in communication), JV is the birth mother of a missing person and deserves the respect of LE and the people searching for DNV.

You know what..... Let's go ask DNV's Mom to join the WS forum... She might find this thread interesting. Could she also be a VI ?

Would you mind expounding on your comment? Are you saying there is a voluntary missing person org willing to assist in the search for Danniella? And MPD is preventing them from doing so?

No one wants volunteers trespassing on private property to conduct a missing person search. That can't happen.

I see no reason why volunteers can't walk along the median of the highway. That's exactly how Paige Birgfeld's ID and personal property was found.

Agree. As I've said, I've believed from the beginning that Danni was targeted as soon as she picked up her vehicle. Someone who wanted her gone had a plan. She was followed. An opportunity presented itself to her followers when DW left the Shell station to retrieve Danni's phone. Her followers immediately pulled into the Shell station and blocked her new blue Chevy Cruz.....that she had saved so long for......from exiting. What happened next? GPS disabled and Danni was disappeared.

So a crime reporter asked if there's any chance she could have been mistaken for the previous owner of the car (or someone who was driving the car as a loaner/rental from Pearl Motors). I think it's pretty far out there. We don't know how long the car was at the lot. Any thoughts?

It does seem like such a big coincidence that it happened on her first day with the car. Unless this was the best cover-up story. No one would have believed she ran away without a car.

No one wants volunteers trespassing on private property to conduct a missing person search. That can't happen.

I see no reason why volunteers can't walk along the median of the highway. That's exactly how Paige Birgfeld's ID and personal property was found.

Drive around sparsely populated rural roads and find a discarded Chevy Cruze. We may be overthinking it and the car may have just been ditched somewhere out of the way.

Well, IMO, if LE is refusing assistance with a search, either they don't know where to search or perhaps have lots more information and don't want to waste resources. Because LE can't stop anyone from forming a search group, and going out to search. They can however stop a group coming in when they feel it will waste their time, money, manpower... Soo.. what's everyone else think?!

Police also need to ensure that volunteers are not snooping around where they don't belong. Trained search and rescue people would be welcome, but untrained searchers? I sure don't want them on my property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname