AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your honesty in telling us that. So, JDT has been given bogus information which she repeated..... believing it was the truth. JDT, like us, must feel like she doesn't know what to believe anymore.

Police would not be discussing the investigation with the family - that's the norm, especially if everything they say is immediately posted to the internet.

Who reported that she decided to return to the pub?
Who saw her driving off?

The story comes from DW. The only facts we have are that Danni was at Dublins, her phone was found on someone's car in the parking lot, she and DW's vehicles were captured on CCTV at the shell coming and going, and DW retrieved the phone from Dublin's and ultimately turned it in to LE.

Well, IMO, if LE is refusing assistance with a search, either they don't know where to search or perhaps have lots more information and don't want to waste resources. Because LE can't stop anyone from forming a search group, and going out to search. They can however stop a group coming in when they feel it will waste their time, money, manpower... Soo.. what's everyone else think?!

I think they think she is likely a victim of foul play and are investigating individuals. Alluding to it being unusual in some way tells me they did not think she was voluntarily missing as soon as they got the CCTV.

I am curious to why she protected the facts of Danniella’s pregnancy for so long.

There are photos of Danni and a baby on her Facebook that I don't think is CT but I don't know for sure. This was also back in Dec, not right before she went missing.
It being unplanned or whether it is TT's child or not is the only relevant question I see.

<modsnip - remove post which is now deleted>.

With regard to rufies, I've had that experience and can say with almost total certainty that Danni would not have made it to the Shell if she had been drugged at Dublins and a predator wouldn't risk letting her drive. You lose complete control of your body within 15-30 minutes. The only way that detail can work is if she was put into the trunk and someone else drove.

I've seen people compare this case to Brittney for some reason but it really feels more like Christina Morris.

In case new folks don't know there is this very useful feature on WS that allows you to 'IGNORE' any poster that you for whatever reason don't find useful or productive to the discussion on the thread. I rarely use this button as I enjoy hearing all different POV but I am making an exception for this thread and using it!

The story comes from DW. The only facts we have are that Danni was at Dublins, her phone was found on someone's car in the parking lot, she and DW's vehicles were captured on CCTV at the shell coming and going, and DW retrieved the phone from Dublin's and ultimately turned it in to LE.

Has it been stated from which direction car 3 came? If it were from the right it could have been following them for a while. Were it from left, i don't know anymore. Crime of opportunity?

What is the motive for DW for hurt DNV? All I have heard is that he is "rich" or "connected" which is not a motive for murder. There's no evidence that this person has any criminal record. He just decided after 45+ years to kill an acquaintance and then pick up her phone and return it to police?

If she asked it to be pulled, wouldn't she want to at least watch it first? If I remember correctly it was stated that the family didn't get to watch the video. It seems to me that before asking the station to take it down they would at least watch it before it goes down.

It is my understanding JDT saw the CCTV as stated cars 1 and 3 were the same. This fact has since been deemed to be impossible.

What did she plan?

She was following DW and realized she forgot her phone. She flashed her lights at him, he chose the Shell station.
I guess if we knew, this wouldn’t be a puzzle. No one saw her flash her lights. We’re taking DW at his word. We aren’t even positive it was DV driving her car, are we? Did cctv show who was driving each vehicle? Are there witnesses to the phone being lost? Who actually found it? Do we know?

I was thinking someone may have followed her from Dublin's and intended to follow her where she was going next but took the opportunity when she was alone at the Shell Station to make contact. They would not have known she didn't have her phone.

I think it's quite possible that someone followed Danni's car from The Dublin to the Shell station, but I can't think of any good reason for someone to following her there. She needed her phone, and in fact alerted DW that they had to stop and retrieve the phone. I don't see any reason for her to abandon that goal, choose to disable her GPS and abandon her life.

Someone who did not know that her phone was missing or that she was meeting DW 20 minutes later might have viewed the Shell station as the perfect, isolated location to abduct her and steal her car.

I guess if we knew, this wouldn’t be a puzzle. No one saw her flash her lights. We’re taking DW at his word. We aren’t even positive it was DV driving her car, are we? Did cctv show who was driving each vehicle? Are there witnesses to the phone being lost? Who actually found it? Do we know?
We’re actually forced to take JDT’s word that those are DW’s words for the sake of this discussion. LE is not providing statements. That is the question. Why aren’t they?

I think it's quite possible that someone followed Danni's car from The Dublin to the Shell station, but I can't think of any good reason for someone to following her there. She needed her phone, and in fact alerted DW that they had to stop and retrieve the phone. I don't see any reason for her to abandon that goal, choose to disable her GPS and abandon her life.

Someone who did not know that her phone was missing or that she was meeting DW 20 minutes later might have viewed the Shell station as the perfect, isolated location to abduct her and steal her car.

The only thing I can think of is if someone she knew pulled up and said something like, "Danni your daughter had an accident, we have to leave right away." I think most parents would forget the phone and immediately leave with the person who informed them of an emergency. If Car 3 had more than one person, one person could have gotten into her car and surreptitiously pulled the GPS fuse.

We’re actually forced to take JDT’s word that those are DW’s words for the sake of this discussion. LE is not providing statements. That is the question. Why aren’t they?

I do not think we have to take JDT's words. We just cannot hound the VI. We do not have to believe it and can continue sleuthing our own hypotheticals. Am I wrong?

So a crime reporter asked if there's any chance she could have been mistaken for the previous owner of the car (or someone who was driving the car as a loaner/rental from Pearl Motors). I think it's pretty far out there. We don't know how long the car was at the lot. Any thoughts?

It does seem like such a big coincidence that it happened on her first day with the car. Unless this was the best cover-up story. No one would have believed she ran away without a car.

The problem with that idea is that Danni's car had paper plates, so a crime reporter should know that paper plates means new owner.

Drive around sparsely populated rural roads and find a discarded Chevy Cruze. We may be overthinking it and the car may have just been ditched somewhere out of the way.

Exactly. Volunteers can search highways and public places. They don't need anyone's permission as long as they don't trespass and don't create a hazard for others.

I do not think we have to take JDT's words. We just cannot hound the VI. We do not have to believe it and can continue sleuthing our own hypotheticals. Am I wrong?
You are exactly on point. VI can only present information gathered from an involved party. VI has acknowledged she does not know Danniella or family nor has VI communicated with LE.
I, myself, try to remember what facts we do have with a little gut instinct thrown in for good measure. I need a Cliff Notes for this case.

Last edited:
It is my understanding JDT saw the CCTV as stated cars 1 and 3 were the same. This fact has since been deemed to be impossible.

It is impossible. Furthermore, if police had any idea what type of cars were at the Shell station, they would be looking for a very specific car. It seems that the CCTV was too far away, the gas station was too dark, and police are unable to identify the make and model of Car 3.

What sort of search does this group want to do? Does this group believe that Danni was abducted? Police don't seem to know where to search and they have all the information. Where would the volunteers search?

This group would provide an experienced Search Manager and ground searchers as well as K9s.

Someone who would have gained by her disappearance.....financially? emotionally? What other ways, I wonder?
This is interesting so I will try a few highly speculative theories as it relates to Finance for DNV.

Assume: DNV is a hard worker and maintains 2 jobs so she has ongoing access to cash, she most likely just received cash related to private adoption, had substantial cash in her apartment at the time of search (location of this cash unknown) and possibly other cash in accounts that were known to her.

Financial:

-car jacker/kidnapper would benefit from selling car whole or in parts and could also attempt to hold DNV for personal reasons or sell her to a trafficker. This could take time and would be a high risk strategy in terms of holding DNV for a period of time or even selling to a trafficker as multiple people would be involved. Car jacker could have been hired by somebody else so they would presumably get a payment for making DNV disappear.
-T family possibly - assuming CT child support State payments are received monthly and/or welfare payments these would be continued if DNV were to go missing (would not be received if DNV were to assume custody). The issue of who would get any assets of DNV (ie payment for private adoption, money left in apt or personal effects and bank account) is questionable and would depend if a will were in place in the event DNV is found deceased but even if no will the assets could be distributed to blood relatives I believe. The only blood relatives we have seen would be JV as mother and CT as minor child (others we might not know about such as father and siblings fall into this category as well). Given how the apt was treated my guess would be that cash found is in hands of T family already and personal effects will be sold at some point if DNV isn't found.
-TT possibly - Addict, no visible employment, serious legal troubles, prison time likely, no military pension due to alleged dishonorable discharge, uncertain future - its likely DNV supported TT for prolonged periods of time due to the ups/downs of his life but we don't know this but it seems likely. But assuming DNV is a source of cash for TT then her disappearance would be an issue in the long run although in the short run he would benefit from cash found in apt, anything taken from DNV apt before the police search or even after police search, $5000 fundrasing campaign and ongoing monthly payments his daughter receives from the State along with welfare if relevant.

DW saw Danni flash her headlights. There's no reason to disbelieve DW. He hasn't done anything odd, illegal, or strange, so why would we assume that he is a liar? He is the one person who alerted her boyfriend's family that there was a problem. He turned Danni's phone in to police on the morning of July 20. He has done exactly what he should do under the circumstances.

The only thing I can think of is if someone she knew pulled up and said something like, "Danni your daughter had an accident, we have to leave right away." I think most parents would forget the phone and immediately leave with the person who informed them of an emergency. If Car 3 had more than one person, one person could have gotten into her car and surreptitiously pulled the GPS fuse.

If someone was following Danni from The Dublin because they wanted to report an emergency, why didn't that person flash their headlights at her and get her to pull over as soon as she pulled out of The Dublin parking lot? That doesn't add up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab