GUILTY AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests, 1 Guilty* #8

There is no joy in this verdict.

Cupcake can never come home, grow up, have boyfriends, get married, be a mom and it goes on and on.

Yes, I’m glad they are both going to pay but I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness.

Our Cupcake never stood a chance against these two monsters.

MOO

And these convictions were only for kidnapping. I'm not looking forward to the murder trials. o_O

DEC 6, 2022
[...]

Stallworth, 42, and Brown, 32, were convicted in separate trials in October and November. Both were found guilty of kidnapping that resulted in death and conspiracy to kidnap a minor victim.

Chief U.S. District Court Judge L. Scott Coogler, who presided over both trials, on Tuesday issued orders setting Stallworth’s sentencing for 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 23, and Brown’s sentencing for 10:30 a.m. on Feb. 23.

[...]

Stallworth and Brown are facing up to 20 years in prison for their federal kidnapping charges. They are also facing capital murder charges in Jefferson County.

In both cases, the jury found McKinney’s kidnapping resulted in her death, which is an automatic life sentence without the possibility of parole.

Stallworth and Brown will now stand trial for capital murder in state court. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Stallworth, Brown sentenced to life in prison for Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney kidnapping
Snipped:
were both found guilty of kidnapping that resulted in death and conspiracy to kidnap a minor victim.

Stallworth was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, with counts one and two each running concurrent.

Brown was also was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, with counts one and two each running concurrent.

MAR 3, 2023

Patrick Stallworth, Derick Brown get life without parole in Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney's kidnapping

[...]

Assistant U.S. attorney Lloyd Peeples read a statement at Stallworth’s sentencing from Kamille’s mother, April Thomas, who cried as the statement was read.

[...]

“Did she call for me, her mother? I called for my Cupcake but she was gone because you took her. She never answered back and never came back because you took her, you took her life,” the statement continued.

Brown made a statement before her sentencing.

“Lord knows if I could back in time to that terrible day and change the outcome, I would,” Brown said.

[...]

“I don’t want you to picture me as the monster the media has made me out to be,” Brown said.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Brittany Byrd read a lengthy statement from Thomas that said Brown, as a mother of six, should have known better and her motherly instinct should have kicked in.

“My family destroyed, and bonds permanently broken because you stole from us,” the statement read.

Thomas called Brown evil and dark. “No punishment or sentence is enough for what you did,” Thomas said. “You deserve everything that is coming your way and more.”

[...]

Both still face trials in state court on capital murder charges, where they could receive the death penalty if tried and convicted.

[...]

I'm not sure why the feds prosecuted these monsters prior to the state charges unless the state already decided to pursue the death penalty. I'm concerned that the two defendants will now spend the remainder of their lives in federal BPO which is too good for them. JMO

MAR 10, 2023
Derick Irisha Brown, charged with capital murder in the 2019 deadly abduction of 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney, is pleading not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

The 32-year-old Brown and Patrick Stallworth, 42, were in a Jefferson County courtroom Thursday, where they face state charges in Cupcake’s death. Both entered pleas of not guilty, and Brown additionally entered her plea of not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

[...]

The state pleas were entered before Jefferson County Circuit Judge Alaric May. The judge said the trials are expected to be held in 2024.

[...]

I'm so sick of these mental evals. Obviously these child murderers have some type of mental health issue, but it should not be used to negate their actions in these cases.

They were smart enough to drive around and try and lure children and ultimately Cupcake away with candy they purchased for that reason and to cover up their crime. GRRRRRRRR (Sorry, just so sad and sick of this evilness).

MOO

1686113503413.png

3/3/2023

Patrick Stallworth and Derick Irisha Brown on Friday were sentenced to life in federal prison without the possibility of parole in the 2019 deadly abduction 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney.

Both were found guilty of kidnapping that resulted in death and conspiracy to kidnap a minor victim Chief U.S. District Court Judge L. Scott Coogler, who presided over both trials, handed down the sentence Friday morning.

:mad:

If AL pursues the death penalty, it will likely only prove beneficial for these two scum.

For example, they are going to be housed in Federal Prison (FPO) versus State Dept of Corrections because the US District Court case was prosecuted first.

And inmates on death row get multiple chances for appeal because they can file multiple Petitions for a Writ of Habeas Corpus Under 28 U.S.C. § 2241.

I just learned this with Tx Robert Fratta who was executed in January 2023 after 30 years in prison-- and two trials after abusing the appellate with petitions described above.

IMO, it's hardly worth pursing the death penalty.

6/6/23

Brown has been charged in state court with capital murder and faces a possible death penalty.

After a preliminary forensic evaluation, a doctor recommended the court commit Brown for further evaluation and to restore her competency. Judge Alaric May ruled Tuesday to follow the recommendation.

Brown's trial for the murder of McKinney is still set for April 2024. She is set to stand trial with her codefendant, Patrick Stallworth.

[..]

Earlier this year, [Brown] she pled not guilty by reason of mental defect or illness.

JUN 7, 2023
Stallworth’s trial is set for March 11, 2024. Brown’s trial is set for April 8, 2024.

SEP 25, 2023
Defendant Patrick Stallworth appeared in court for a pretrial hearing Monday. ...

Jefferson County Circuit Judge Alaric May took up around ten motions, most of which were filed by the defense.

[...]

The defense’s motions involving the constitutionality of the death penalty and the request to rule the death penalty unconstitutional were denied.

Conversations during the hearing indicate there’s discussions underway to settle this case before trial. May denied the defense’s motion to set bail in the event a settlement is reached.

[...]

OCT 3, 2023
Court records show a Jefferson County circuit judge denied a motion to declare the death penalty unconstitutional for Patrick Stallworth in an upcoming state capital murder trial.

Stallworth's attorney filed the request on Sept. 25, arguing the sentence is cruel and unusual punishment under the 8th and 14th Amendments of the Alabama and U.S. Constitutions.

Judge Alaric May denied the motion Monday afternoon.

NOV 23, 2023
On November 22, 2023, Bryce Hospital submitted a status update on Brown, who, according to documentation, had been committed to the custody of the Alabama Department of Mental Health in July. Alaric O. May, Circuit Court Judge of Jefferson County, had ordered Brown be committed in order to restore her competency; This means Brown was deemed incompetent to stand trial but could be “restored to competency” through outpatient treatment.

According to the documents submitted by Bryce, Brown’s “treatment plan” included addressing her “depressed mood.” Documents state Brown said she feels depressed “all of the time.”

Bryce Hospital reported Brown had scored a 23 on the Beck Depression Inventory – Second Edition (BDI-II), which is a “moderate level of symptoms of depression.”

Furthermore, documents from Bryce stated that Brown was diagnosed with chronic post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

NOV 24, 2023
A woman awaiting trial in the death of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney has been diagnosed with chronic PTSD.

According to court records, Derick Brown continues mental evaluation as part of a judge's order to restore her to competency to stand trial.

OCT 3, 2023
Court records show a Jefferson County circuit judge denied a motion to declare the death penalty unconstitutional for Patrick Stallworth in an upcoming state capital murder trial.

Stallworth's attorney filed the request on Sept. 25, arguing the sentence is cruel and unusual punishment under the 8th and 14th Amendments of the Alabama and U.S. Constitutions.

Judge Alaric May denied the motion Monday afternoon.
RS&BBM

No you monsters, what is cruel and unusual punishment is abducting a beautiful, innocent child off the street, SA her and dumping her like garbage for your own sick perverse pleasure. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back