GUILTY AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests, 1 Guilty* #8

NOV 23, 2023
On November 22, 2023, Bryce Hospital submitted a status update on Brown, who, according to documentation, had been committed to the custody of the Alabama Department of Mental Health in July. Alaric O. May, Circuit Court Judge of Jefferson County, had ordered Brown be committed in order to restore her competency; This means Brown was deemed incompetent to stand trial but could be “restored to competency” through outpatient treatment.

According to the documents submitted by Bryce, Brown’s “treatment plan” included addressing her “depressed mood.” Documents state Brown said she feels depressed “all of the time.”

Bryce Hospital reported Brown had scored a 23 on the Beck Depression Inventory – Second Edition (BDI-II), which is a “moderate level of symptoms of depression.”

Furthermore, documents from Bryce stated that Brown was diagnosed with chronic post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

NOV 24, 2023
A woman awaiting trial in the death of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney has been diagnosed with chronic PTSD.

According to court records, Derick Brown continues mental evaluation as part of a judge's order to restore her to competency to stand trial.
Give me a break, I know lots of people (especially war vets) that suffer from PTSD and they wouldn't even begin to imagine abducting, tormenting, SA and killing a baby for their perverted fantasies.

I'm sorry, I'm just so sick of these Defendants trying to play the system after they've been caught. I hope they both get the DP in this case. I'm not usually in favor of the DP, but in the cases of innocent babies and children, I say yes.

MOO

If AL pursues the death penalty, it will likely only prove beneficial for these two scum.

For example, they are going to be housed in Federal Prison (FPO) versus State Dept of Corrections because the US District Court case was prosecuted first.

And inmates on death row get multiple chances for appeal because they can file multiple Petitions for a Writ of Habeas Corpus Under 28 U.S.C. § 2241.

I just learned this with Tx Robert Fratta who was executed in January 2023 after 30 years in prison-- and two trials after abusing the appellate with petitions described above.

IMO, it's hardly worth pursing the death penalty.
I'm sorry, I know financially it might be hard to reconcile, but I think these 2 need to be sentenced to death and have that hanging over their head just awaiting a possible execution date. What they did to that sweet baby girl is an abomination.

Child murderers, the elderly (and animal abusers) are the worst possible scum out there IMO. These are God's truly innocents and when it's a provable case, I am all for the DP.

MOO

NOV 23, 2023
On November 22, 2023, Bryce Hospital submitted a status update on Brown, who, according to documentation, had been committed to the custody of the Alabama Department of Mental Health in July. Alaric O. May, Circuit Court Judge of Jefferson County, had ordered Brown be committed in order to restore her competency; This means Brown was deemed incompetent to stand trial but could be “restored to competency” through outpatient treatment.

According to the documents submitted by Bryce, Brown’s “treatment plan” included addressing her “depressed mood.” Documents state Brown said she feels depressed “all of the time.”

Bryce Hospital reported Brown had scored a 23 on the Beck Depression Inventory – Second Edition (BDI-II), which is a “moderate level of symptoms of depression.”

Furthermore, documents from Bryce stated that Brown was diagnosed with chronic post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

NOV 24, 2023
A woman awaiting trial in the death of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney has been diagnosed with chronic PTSD.

According to court records, Derick Brown continues mental evaluation as part of a judge's order to restore her to competency to stand trial.

Well boohoo for her. Who cares if she feels depresses all the time? That's the very least she should feel, and she should feel every second of misery coming her way foe as long as she lives.
Cupcake doesn't get to feel anything ever again because Cupcake didnt get to live :mad:

Give me a break, I know lots of people (especially war vets) that suffer from PTSD and they wouldn't even begin to imagine abducting, tormenting, SA and killing a baby for their perverted fantasies.

I'm sorry, I'm just so sick of these Defendants trying to play the system after they've been caught. I hope they both get the DP in this case. I'm not usually in favor of the DP, but in the cases of innocent babies and children, I say yes.

MOO

I agree. I'm also not a supporter of the death penalty as a general rule but I have found myself having more and more exceptions to that since being here on WS.
For many I wouldn't actively advocate for it but I certainly wouldn't lose a wink of sleep, nor would I argue against it.

MOO

Yes. Really, who wouldn't be depressed being incarcerated for such a heinous crime? Her life is ruined. And who wouldn't have PTSD, after doing such a depraved thing?

There is definitely something wrong with her. The only thing that will fix it is the Death Penalty.

the perp's PTSD is nothing to me. Wanna know who's probably got PTSD that I give a rat's patoot about?

Cupcake's mother, April Thomas
So true, and will suffer all the days of her remaining life I imagine just knowing that not only is her sweet baby girl dead, but the way in which she was murdered.

JAN 29, 2024
Monday marked the last time Patrick Stallworth will likely appear in court before his trial in March. Stallworth is charged with two counts of capital murder involving the death of 3-year-old Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney in October 2019. The state is seeking the death penalty.

A pretrial hearing is reserved for attorneys to sort out any issues with the judge ahead of trial. While there were no motions, the defense requested more time to prepare for trial. Jefferson County Circuit Judge Alaric May promptly denied the motion stating, “It’s time to get this case tried”.

[...]

i agree they should be on death row but it crawls be when i see them complain about their issues after they have killed a baby. I understand people have rights but could the system make their stay in prison more uncomfortable and more of an actual punishment. Half the time its just like living in a hotel with the room doors locked at night.

MAR 4, 2024
... His federal kidnapping conviction involving McKinney’s disappearance and death is still pending before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, which is creating issues involving evidence needed for this trial.

During a hearing on Monday, March 4, the state and the defense explained some of the physical and biological evidence needed to try this case is still in FBI custody due to the pending appeal. There are lingering questions over how the evidence would be turned over to the state, and then returned back to the FBI should it be needed again by the Department of Justice.

[...]

Stallworth’s codefendant, Derick Brown, is scheduled to stand trial in April, which will likely be delayed as well.

A status hearing set for Monday, March 4 was pushed to June 18, due to a delay with biological evidence that cannot be duplicated being held up in appeals court.

Stallworth's trial is scheduled to begin September 19, 2024.

Patrick Stallworth was set to go to trial March 11, but some of the evidence in the case remains in the custody of federal authorities pending appeal and authorities said there’s no way to take the case to trial without that evidence.

... Brown was set for trial for April 8 but that was already delayed while she undergoes mental evaluation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kolse
Back