Alex Trebek, 'Jeopardy!' host, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, dies Nov 2020

Alex Trebek reveals he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer

"Now normally, the prognosis for this is not very encouraging, but I’m going to fight this, and I’m going to keep working,” Trebek said a video.

Alex Trebek, longtime "Jeopardy!" host, revealed Wednesday that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Trebek said in a video he will attempt to finish out this season of "Jeopardy!"...

I agree with this that Alex Trebek, longtime "Jeopardy!" host, revealed Wednesday that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Alex Trebek reveals he is undergoing chemotherapy again for pancreatic cancer

The 79-year-old TV host first revealed his diagnosis in a YouTube video in March.

"Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek revealed that he is undergoing chemotherapy again after his "numbers went sky-high" shortly after he finished his first round of treatment for stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

"I was doing so well and my numbers went down to the equivalent of a normal human being who does not have pancreatic cancer. So we were all very optimistic," Trebek said in an interview that aired Tuesday on "Good Morning America," adding that because he was responding so well doctors decided to stop chemotherapy and start him on immunotherapy treatment...

Alex Trebek on ongoing cancer treatment: 'I'm not afraid of dying'

"Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek is currently undergoing his second round of chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer.

Trebek, 79, sat down for an interview with Canada's CTV, talking about effects of the treatment, as well as continuing to host the show.

"I'm hanging in," the Ontario native said. "So we're back on the chemo, and we'll see if the numbers go down. And if they do... they can't keep doing it forever of course.

"They'll have to find a new protocol or whatever to administer. We'll play it by ear and keep chugging along until we either win or lose." ...

Video: Alex Trebek shares intimate thoughts on battling cancer

Last edited:
Alex Trebek has ‘some regrets’ about sharing pancreatic cancer diagnosis

After hosting “Jeopardy!” for more than 30 years, Alex Trebek is no stranger to the spotlight. Sometimes, however, the veteran game show host says he wishes he were out of that spotlight when it comes to addressing his pancreatic cancer.

“There are moments when I have some regrets about having gone public with it because … there’s a little too much of Alex Trebek out there, and I regret that,” he said in an interview with Canada’s CTV News last week. “To be the inspiration for a lot of other people makes me feel good, but it does place a responsibility on me that I feel I’m not deserving of.”...

Alex Trebek chokes up reading heartfelt Final Jeopardy message

The message momentarily choked up the veteran host, whose voice wavered for a few seconds as he read and processed the message.

"That's very kind. Thank you," Trebek said.

[...]

"I'm just very grateful I got the opportunity to say what I know everyone was thinking. Sending all the love," Gaur tweeted.

Two very, very classy gentlemen

Trending on Twitter, hashtag #WeLoveYouAlex

Alex Trebek chokes up reading heartfelt Final Jeopardy message

The message momentarily choked up the veteran host, whose voice wavered for a few seconds as he read and processed the message.

"That's very kind. Thank you," Trebek said.

[...]

"I'm just very grateful I got the opportunity to say what I know everyone was thinking. Sending all the love," Gaur tweeted.

Two very, very classy gentlemen

Trending on Twitter, hashtag #WeLoveYouAlex

I was watching. This had ME a little choked as well.

Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions started last week, and the three top contestants are now competing for a spot in the finals tomorrow and Friday. Throughout the T of C, contestants have been wearing purple ribbons in support of Alex Trebek's pancreatic cancer battle.

ETA: I ordered a pair of Jeopardy! coffee mugs yesterday.

Last edited:
Trebek says he needs 30 seconds for exit on final ‘Jeopardy’

New York – “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek says he’s already rehearsed what he’s going to say to the audience on his final show, whenever that may be.

Trebek, host of the popular game show since 1984, announced last March that he’d been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer but will continue his job while still able...

We don’t get the show Jeopardy here in Scotland but I have been following the news on how Mr. Trebek is doing. I have seen YouTube clips of highlights of the show. I know how highly regarded Mr. Trebek is by so many people in the United States and continue to wish him the best as he fights this dreadful disease.

Alex Trebek's Wife Jean Opens Up About the Hardest Part of His Cancer Battle

Alex Trebek‘s stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis has not been easy for both he and his wife of nearly 30 years, Jean Currivan Trebek.

In a recent interview with Good Morning Americas Michael Strahan, the couple opened up about what the hardest part of the Jeopardy! host’s health issues has been for Jean, 54.

“For me, it’s when I see him in pain and I can’t help him,” she told Strahan. “When he doesn’t eat right. When he has too much diet soda.”...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back