- May 15, 2012
- Reaction score
Wow, Mani, thank you for the pics. It certainly looks so much different from the ground as opposed to an arial shot. I just get an overwhelming sense of sadness when I look at these photos. What did you feel about the place when you were there today?
Makara - thank you for all the work you did all those weeks ago helping us with photos. You were amazing! :rocker:
1. I was surprised by the cleared flattened land on the northern side of the bridge. It is a larger area than I expected it to be from driving past.
2. From looking at the level of undergrowth in the surrounding area, I don't believe anyone could walk down there in the dark carrying a body and place it on the river bank.
It would be so difficult to know where you were stepping due to the undergrowth. You wouldn't know where the edge was as it is a slope.
3. It took some time for all of us to get our bearings and work out where Allison was actually placed, as at first, we thought she was further up the bank. However, we all came to the same conclusion - that she was in an area that was underwater at the time we were there.
4. The land had been cleared but you would expect that as it was a crime scene.
5. I didn't like the smell there. It doesn't smell good and the creek to me is very dirty looking but that is because it is tidal and muddy.
6. I didn't feel eerie, just very sad that Allison had probably floated down that creek to get to where she was and terrible it would have been.
7. My hubby tried to get to the opposite side of the creek, so as to take a photo from the opposite bank but was unable to as he couldn't see where the ground was as the undergrowth was too thick.