Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to Detect When Someone's Lying (and Get Them to Tell the Truth)
lifehacker.com/.../how-to-detect-when-someones-lying-and-get-...‎

Some pointers when dealing with liars: http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php.

Verbal Context and Content

• A liar will use your words to make answer a question. When asked, “Did you eat the last cookie?” The liar answers, “No, I did not eat the last cookie.”

•A statement with a contraction is more likely to be truthful: “ I didn't do it” instead of “I did not do it”

• Liars sometimes avoid "lying" by not making direct statements. They imply answers instead of denying something directly.

• The guilty person may speak more than natural, adding unnecessary details to convince you... they are not comfortable with silence or pauses in the conversation.

• A liar may leave out pronouns and speak in a monotonous tone. When a truthful statement is made the pronoun is emphasized as much or more than the rest of the words in a statement.

• Words may be garbled and spoken softly, and syntax and grammar may be off. In other words, his sentences will likely be muddled rather than emphasized.

Note to self: (A certain police interview, mmm, ah um, mmm)

GBC: "Ah, ah like I said to the guys before, I, I, oh I'm happy to answer all the questions in, in the world, and that sort of thing, if its going to help, but I, I, I, I want to-- J-, jump back in my car and --- You know, drive the streets-- Or something, I [indistinct] I'm feeling like --- "
Sgt Jackson: "Well that's what our car -- will be doing anyway
GBC: "Yeah --- OK "

....... I can't help wondering which streets GBC intended to drive next,
....... It seems like he just wanted to get away;
....... Could it be that he took this to mean that he was not to be involved in anymore searching!

You know, what TMcH says about her conversation with GBC when he tells her that Allison is missing is very suspicious in itself IMO!

So she's saying she called him, he said "Allison's missing" and then they "reaffirmed" their love for each other :)facepalm:) and she didn't ask for any details. They didn't discuss Allison missing at all!!.........Who would do that?!

If you were the mistress - and you honestly didn't know that the wife was missing - you would get a huge shock and the natural response would be to ask a million questions eg. "What do you mean, missing?" "For how long?" "What happened?" etc etc.

JMO.

You know, what TMcH says about her conversation with GBC when he tells her that Allison is missing is very suspicious in itself IMO!

So she's saying she called him, he said "Allison's missing" and then they "reaffirmed" their love for each other :)facepalm:) and she didn't ask for any details. They didn't discuss Allison missing at all!!.........Who would do that?!

If you were the mistress - and you honestly didn't know that the wife was missing - you would get a huge shock and the natural response would be to ask a million questions eg. "What do you mean, missing?" "For how long?" "What happened?" etc etc.

JMO.

Hmmm, thanks Isisrising:
How right you are!
I picked up on her tone.... (Now I am in shock.)
He said "Allison has gone missing."
She said "What do you mean?"
I am in shock, because as Isisrising so rightly has pointed out, the natural response would be ....
But no, the focus immediately moves to her relationship with him. How much she loves him ad infinitum, ad nauseam.
I smell a rat.

Hmmm, thanks Isisrising:
How right you are!
I picked up on her tone.... (Now I am in shock.)
He said "Allison has gone missing."
She said "What do you mean?"
I am in shock, because as Isisrising so rightly has pointed out, the natural response would be ....
But no, the focus immediately moves to her relationship with him. How much she loves him ad infinitum, ad nauseam.
I smell a rat.

In TMH 1st statement she described how GBC sounded and then went on to say
I took this to mean IF Allison returned SAFELYthis may shock him into ending our relationship for the sake of the girls and Allison.
Always about their relationship.

In TMH 1st statement she described how GBC sounded and then went on to say
I took this to mean IF Allison returned SAFELYthis may shock him into ending our relationship for the sake of the girls and Allison.
Always about their relationship.

I was just about to type the same as you have. :)
To me TM was totally obsessed with GBC
MOO

I was just about to type the same as you have. :)
To me TM was totally obsessed with GBC
MOO
Amee that comment has always drawn my attention from the first time I read it.

With all respect; I doubt if the hairdresser statement will throw any true light onto the matter of where the children actually spent the night.
The reason being, IMO, GBC has made elaborate plans to establish the fact that the children were definitely at home. Another might use words like planting alibis or evidence.
Given his track record for telling outright fibs to being vague or derailing questions; one might be forgiven for thinking this too was a setup.
Where the children actually were and where the children were supposed to be is probably two different matters.

In court the evidence and statements are given and the jury decides - they can hear all they want from GBC about the children being home, the messages he sent, etc. They then may chose to weigh the hairdresser, friend and Toni testimony that suggests otherwise as more trustworthy. That is as close to the truth as we can get as we were not there nor were the people who will ultimately decide if he is legally guilty - weighing the statements of various parties and assessing evidence.

According to GBC's phone records he called TM at least six times on Friday 20 April 2012, the same day that he reported Allison missing. He phoned TM at least three times on 21 April 2012. Nowhere in her four statements to the police does she mention these calls from GBC! Why? And isn't it ironic that GBC was prolifically phoning TM, where before Allison's disappeance he and TM avoided any communication via his phone because Allison checked it.

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048233&postcount=23]GBC Phone Records[/ame]

20 April 2012.

• 3:14pm. 0:03 seconds.
  • 3:39pm. 1:48 Kenmore.
  • 3:57pm 0:08 seconds.
  • 3:58pm 0:47 seconds.
  • 5:14pm. 0:5 seconds.
  • 5:32pm. 0:36 seconds.

21 April 2012.

• 9:07am 1:25 seconds.
  • 10:43am 0:06 seconds.
  • 11:41am 0:57 seconds.

TM phoned GBC at 1:50pm on Friday 20 April 2012. Why did she throw caution to the wind and phone him? What was the reason for that call. She doesn't say why in her statements. Only that GBC sounded devastated because Allison had gone missing. Well of course he did, the police were within earshot of what he was saying. For all TM knew, Allison may have been standing right next to GBC when she phoned. Was she so sure that Allison wasn't there? IMO, she was.

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048150&postcount=14]TM's first statement-21 April 2012[/ame]

#39 "At about 1:50pm I phoned Gerard and he sounded very devastated. He then said 'Allison has gone missing'. I replied 'What?'. Gerard then said 'She went for a walk and didn't come back.' I said 'Where are you now?'. He replied 'I'm at home now. The police are here searching the place for clues'.

#40 Gerard has then said 'Its not a good idea for us to talk'. I could hear how distraught he was and that he appeared to want Allison to return. I took this to mean that if Allison was to return safely this may have shocked him into ending our relationship again for the sake of the girls and Allison.

#42 I later left the conference at about 3pm and returned home. A short time later my boys came home at which point I told them that I was sick and I went to bed.

So between TM going to bed at 3:00pm and the text message from her friend at 12:26am, GBC had phoned TM six times. Yet she neglected to tell the police about these six calls (or texts). No wonder she deleted things from her phone!

#43 AT about 12:26am on 21st of April 2012 I received a text message from my friend saying 'Hey Toni! I know its late but a friend just shared a link on facebook about police are searching for Allison Baden-clay. Isn't that G's wife? Hope I haven't woken you. Sorry if I did'.

#44 I replied 'Yes it is. I didn't know what the latest was. I'm extremely worried.'

#46 I later woke up this morning at about 7:30am and spoke with my sons about what they wanted to do today.

#47 I then received a phone call from Gerard at about 9:30am this morning. Gerard stated that police will want to speak with me today and stated that police have feared the worst and that Allison had met with foul play. He also mentioned the the police were aware of our affair.

He neglected to tell TM that he'd told the police that the affair was over!

The 'have' and the 'had' bother me. Wouldn't you say "Police have feared the worst and that Allison has met with foul play."?

Later the same day TM attended Indooroopilly Police Station to provide this first statement above.

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048162&postcount=17]TM's 4th statement-26 May 2012[/ame]

#31 As I have previously mentioned in Paragraph 47, I spoke to Gerard on Saturday the 21st April 2012. I don't know where Gerard was calling me from. Normally when Gerard called me his number would come up on the caller identification on my Apple iPhone. When Gerard rang me on that day, his number did not come up on the phone. The phone showed me that the call was coming from a blocked number. I think he called me from a pay phone because I have a feeling or recollection he did not have his phone because it had been confiscated by the police.

According to GBC's phone records, he called TM at 9:07am on Saturday 21 April from his phone, not from a pay phone! He called her again at 10:43am and 11:41am. TM neglected to mention these two later calls to the police and she knew quite well that GBC's phone had not yet been confiscated by the police.

The police must have suspected TM was involved. Why else would they go to the trouble of having her under electronic surveillance, which revealed more of her lies. Lying by omission is still lying!

According to GBC's phone records he called TM at least six times on Friday 20 April 2012, the same day that he reported Allison missing. He phoned TM at least three times on 21 April 2012. Nowhere in her four statements to the police does she mention these calls from GBC! Why? And isn't it ironic that GBC was prolifically phoning TM, where before Allison's disappeance he and TM avoided any communication via his phone because Allison checked it.

GBC Phone Records

20 April 2012.

21 April 2012.

TM phoned GBC at 1:50pm on Friday 20 April 2012. Why did she throw caution to the wind and phone him? What was the reason for that call. She doesn't say why in her statements. Only that GBC sounded devastated because Allison had gone missing. Well of course he did, the police were within earshot of what he was saying. For all TM knew, Allison may have been standing right next to GBC when she phoned. Was she so sure that Allison wasn't there? IMO, she was.

TM's first statement-21 April 2012

#39 "At about 1:50pm I phoned Gerard and he sounded very devastated. He then said 'Allison has gone missing'. I replied 'What?'. Gerard then said 'She went for a walk and didn't come back.' I said 'Where are you now?'. He replied 'I'm at home now. The police are here searching the place for clues'.

#40 Gerard has then said 'Its not a good idea for us to talk'. I could hear how distraught he was and that he appeared to want Allison to return. I took this to mean that if Allison was to return safely this may have shocked him into ending our relationship again for the sake of the girls and Allison.

#42 I later left the conference at about 3pm and returned home. A short time later my boys came home at which point I told them that I was sick and I went to bed.

So between TM going to bed at 3:00pm and the text message from her friend at 12:26am, GBC had phoned TM six times. Yet she neglected to tell the police about these six calls (or texts). No wonder she deleted things from her phone!

#43 AT about 12:26am on 21st of April 2012 I received a text message from my friend saying 'Hey Toni! I know its late but a friend just shared a link on facebook about police are searching for Allison Baden-clay. Isn't that G's wife? Hope I haven't woken you. Sorry if I did'.

#44 I replied 'Yes it is. I didn't know what the latest was. I'm extremely worried.'

#46 I later woke up this morning at about 7:30am and spoke with my sons about what they wanted to do today.

#47 I then received a phone call from Gerard at about 9:30am this morning. Gerard stated that police will want to speak with me today and stated that police have feared the worst and that Allison had met with foul play. He also mentioned the the police were aware of our affair.

The 'have' and the 'had' bother me. Wouldn't you say "Police have feared the worst and that Allison has met with foul play."?

Later the same day TM attended Indooroopilly Police Station to provide this first statement above.

TM's 4th statement on 26 May 2012.

TM's 4th statement-26 May 2012

#31 As I have previously mentioned in Paragraph 47, I spoke to Gerard on Saturday the 21st April 2012. I don't know where Gerard was calling me from. Normally when Gerard called me his number would come up on the caller identification on my Apple iPhone. When Gerard rang me on that day, his number did not come up on the phone. The phone showed me that the call was coming from a blocked number. I think he called me from a pay phone because I have a feeling or recollection he did not have his phone because it had been confiscated by the police.

According to GBC's phone records, he called TM at 9:07am on Saturday 21 April from his phone, not from a pay phone! He called her again at 10:43am and 11:41am. TM neglected to mention these two later calls to the police and she knew quite well that GBC's phone had not yet been confiscated by the police.

The police must have suspected TM was involved. Why else would they go to the trouble of having her under electronic surveillance, which revealed more of her lies. Lying by omission is still lying!

Thank you SO much for this post, Makara! :seeya: That makes things resoundingly clear.

OMG - what was he doing ringing her that many times on the 20th?

And the lies or 'omissions' on her behalf.......:facepalm:

She is no innocent here, IMO.

GBC Phone Records

20 April 2012.

21 April 2012.

TM's first statement-21 April 2012

TM's 4th statement-26 May 2012

Thank You Makara :yourock:

On that Friday, quite early, both Toni and Gerard are creepily, uncannily and with unwavering determination are convinced that no one, and particularly not Alison, at any time in the foreseeable future is going to be checking Gerards phone to see if Toni rang or he rang Toni. There has never been any mention of any other person Alison was checking Gerards phone calls about. She may well have been, but it hasn't been a factor in the story so far. This is what Gerard told Toni.. that Alison was checking for her calls... no one else's as far as Gerards story to Toni goes.

'He also mentioned the police were aware of our affair.'
This is a kind of weasel like wriggling fib, too. Because he hadn't said that exactly. He said it was over, ended, some months previously. Gerard was at great pains to make that lie sit up and beg... it was his default position, to Alison, to the counselor, to the police on that morning, and no doubt in previous weeks to staff, colleagues, clientele , certainly Bruce Flegg, creditors and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all. To his parents?? and Olivia??? the vocal Pastor Ian?? I doubt it. Next thing, Bwana and Elaine are facilitating calls on their phone for Gerard and Toni WHILE THE SEARCH FOR ALISON was continuing. Seems to me, they must have known that Alison wouldn't be checking on them, either... What were they going to say should Alison return from her 'walk'?? 'just tryin to help, Al.. you know.. thought it was ok.. didn't see anything wrong with that'...

sure..

Id nearly forgotten about the little rendezvous a week before GBC was arrested.

But the court heard the couple met at an apartment building in Fortitude Valley in June, sharing a taxi in silence before discussing his affairs in private.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ommittal-hearing/story-e6freoof-1226600160604

I am pretty sure she was wired by the police for that little matinee. She was already the Prosecution witness and there would have been a whole panoply of legal tapdancing for her to mingle with the accused. It would have been recorded and probably secretly filmed.. no way would she have been allowed to scuttle off for a little private time with Gerard.. probably done to see if he would outline the body of the crime to her. I can see Toni even agreeing to be wired up if only she could have one last moment with Gorgeous Guy. Desperate times, desperate measures.

Of course, there was no hanky panky at this highly charged meeting of QLD's great and mighty love couple.. being wired has a tendency to lower the libido, and no doubt Gerard caught on to it.

On that Friday, quite early, both Toni and Gerard are creepily, uncannily and with unwavering determination are convinced that no one, and particularly not Alison, at any time in the foreseeable future is going to be checking Gerards phone to see if Toni rang or he rang Toni. There has never been any mention of any other person Alison was checking Gerards phone calls about. She may well have been, but it hasn't been a factor in the story so far. This is what Gerard told Toni.. that Alison was checking for her calls... no one else's as far as Gerards story to Toni goes.

'He also mentioned the police were aware of our affair.'
This is a kind of weasel like wriggling fib, too. Because he hadn't said that exactly. He said it was over, ended, some months previously. Gerard was at great pains to make that lie sit up and beg... it was his default position, to Alison, to the counselor, to the police on that morning, and no doubt in previous weeks to staff, colleagues, clientele , certainly Bruce Flegg, creditors and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all. To his parents?? and Olivia??? the vocal Pastor Ian?? I doubt it. Next thing, Bwana and Elaine are facilitating calls on their phone for Gerard and Toni WHILE THE SEARCH FOR ALISON was continuing. Seems to me, they must have known that Alison wouldn't be checking on them, either... What were they going to say should Alison return from her 'walk'?? 'just tryin to help, Al.. you know.. thought it was ok.. didn't see anything wrong with that'...

sure..

BBM: Yet neither Bwana nor Elaine once bothered to call Allison's phone in the days after she was reported missing. They could facilitate calls to TM for GBC, but not call Allison's phone in the hope that she would answer. Why? Because they knew that Allison's phone was not with her at Kholo Creek. Dead people can't answer phones and Allison's phone was much closer to home, so to speak.

Gerard, Toni, Olivia, Bwana, Elaine and by default the Vocal Pastor , unlike all Queensland , the QPS and the Search and Rescue, the fire service, volunteer searchers, and the poor pitiful Dickies, the three girls, .. these six people KNOW that Alison isn't returning alive. And they know it Friday morning.

I am pretty sure she was wired by the police for that little matinee. She was already the Prosecution witness and there would have been a whole panoply of legal tapdancing for her to mingle with the accused. It would have been recorded and probably secretly filmed.. no way would she have been allowed to scuttle off for a little private time with Gerard.. probably done to see if he would outline the body of the crime to her. I can see Toni even agreeing to be wired up if only she could have one last moment with Gorgeous Guy. Desperate times, desperate measures.

Of course, there was no hanky panky at this highly charged meeting of QLD's great and mighty love couple.. being wired has a tendency to lower the libido, and no doubt Gerard caught on to it.

Sorry Trooper, but I don't agree that TM was wired for her meeting with GBC. The police had set up electronic surveillance on both of them prior to GBC's arrest. TM had stated that she had not had any personal contact with GBC since Allison was reported missing. She was found out in this lie thanks to the electronic surveillance. TM was again hauled into the police station to answer to this lie. Hence statement #5 came to be! And that one would be fascinating reading no doubt! All of TM's statements should be titled 'Grimm's Book Of Fairytales - The Dark Side'.

I'll hold on that one till the trial, Makara!!.....

How I see it. . Toni is the Prosecutions witness. a central and crucial one.. the motive for Alisons murder hangs to a great degree on her testimony. The other factor is the money, and I can't decide which one was more urgent to Gerard, I suspect the money was when it's all boiled down to gravy. It was the money that made Gerard burst into tears with Flegg. ( I have always felt those genuine tears of Gerards at that performance were significant )

Toni was in very great need of the protection of the State of QLD early on, I suspect.. protection from indictment and conviction, I say that because it had to be something big enough for her to become the Prosecution Witness and all that position entails. It is no small thing. Considering her blind obsessiveness for Gerard and all the Baden Clay paraphernalia, it had to be something that was a real and inevitable crusher for her to do it.. I cant think of anything that would make her fold in this way. The Prosecution can't make one be their witness.. one has to be persuaded of the benefits of it, in this case, and Toni must have got a big benefit that had real consequences in her life to do so..

I don't mean money, that would not enter into it, but a real and unavoidable extra horrible piece of trouble if she DIDNT. That is.. the Prosecutor has something on Toni that has persuaded her, in her best interests (and Toni hasn't been really savvy at what is in her best interests up to that point) to be a witness AGAINST Gerard.

Isn't it ironic and yet kind of neat that Toni will be the one that sinks Gerard like the Titanic?? don't you think there is a sort of cosmic balance going on there? heheh

Also from Amee's link (thanks Amee).

But when the April 20 conference arrived, Allison had not.

"I rang Gerard, realising that Allison had not come to the conference," a tearful Ms McHugh told the court.

"As soon as I said hello, he sounded very distressed.

"He said Allison has gone missing and I said 'what do you mean?'.

"I was shocked that she'd gone missing.

"I said 'what ... what's happened, what's triggered this?'."

Ms McHugh said she told Baden-Clay she loved him and he told her to "lay low" while the police conducted their inquiries.

BBM: Ah, so there's TM's excuse for phoning GBC at about 1:50pm on 20 April 2012. TM phoned GBC because she realised that Allison had not come to the conference. If nothing else, the woman is perceptive! And I say what a load of BS! As I said ^upthread^, Allison could have been standing right next to GBC for all TM knew. Why did she throw caution to the wind and chance a call to GBC? And didn't those two have a little code between them. IKYK = I Know You Know.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ommittal-hearing/story-e6freoof-1226600160604

It must have shocked Bwana and Elaine and Olivia into a whole hour of catatonic shock to find that Toni was to be the Prosecution witness.. they held the line, but she has folded. Folded big time and with the sort of outpouring that you just know is goin to be a nail in the coffin for their little boy. And of course, no speakies or seeings between them and Toni since that event. One of the many reasons why they declined the Prosecutors invitation to make statements, etc, I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishman