Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the abandoned houses here in Cleveland have been broken into. People will strip the copper piping/wiring from the homes. Probably why the windows are boarder up.

About a year ago there was an inmate that claimed he knew were Amanda was buried. The didn't find anything and he got more years added onto his sentence; however, the lot he took police to is right around the corner from where they were being held. There are a couple other girls missing from the same area from around the same time. I think they will probably go back to that site and do a more intensive search.

It makes you want to shout hurray from the roof tops, hear church bells ringing all over the country. Truly a miracle.
I hope Charles is feeling the love coming his way. :)

They just said all three women have been released from the hospital and are with their families!

I can't wait to hear the news conference. 20 minutes...

My opinion of the 911 operator: I believe they should have kept Amanda on the phone until she was safely with the police. I also believe the 911 operator should have and could have asked more questions. Amanda was clearly in distress, stating she was kidnapped many years ago etc...

I wouldn't get on the firing wagon. But, there are many lessons that need to be learned from this case.

JMO

I agree. That called makes my skin crawl and not because of that fact that a young girl was kidnapped and kept alive of years for whatever sick reasons. The operator could have asked more questions and stayed on the phone. The girl was clearly scared of what would happen had this guy gotten back. They would have had to make another phone call to 911 to let them know. Operator had that rush tone to her voice. I'm not saying fired but I am saying maybe they should train the operators a bit more on how to handle a person who is calling saying they were kidnapped.

I am not sure why that house is boarded, but that is NOT the suspect's house.

Apparently the houses on either side are abandoned and boarded up there are a lot of those in the area.

Does anyone have a link for the live feed? (for the presser)?
tia

Anyone have a link to the live presser about to start? Tyia

And this is a reminder that not all missing kids are dead and gone. I always come to expect and accept the worst - and this is proof that anything is possible. Another WOW. 10 years. Can you just imagine??? I can't.

www.cnn.com

Mods , can we discuss the press conference as it airs live, or would that have to be downstairs? tia

How wonderful these 3 are alive and well. How glorious that Charles helped, and what a great character. Anyone could have just walked away from that thinking it was a young lady playing a game or something sinister. Thank God he helped! I love listening to him, just so straight up and pure.

I hope the 3 girls are going to be okay, so sorry for what has happened to them and what I am sure we will learn happened. Tough adjustments ahead, but they've got what it takes if they made it this far. Can't believe even one of them would still remember and know to ask for help after 10 years of what was probably a lot of influence that they belonged where they were! Amazing, amazing, amazing.

How wonderful these 3 are alive and well. How glorious that Charles helped, and what a great character. Anyone could have just walked away from that thinking it was a young lady playing a game or something sinister. Thank God he helped! I love listening to him, just so straight up and pure.

I hope the 3 girls are going to be okay, so sorry for what has happened to them and what I am sure we will learn happened. Tough adjustments ahead, but they've got what it takes if they made it this far. Can't believe even one of them would still remember and know to ask for help after 10 years of what was probably a lot of influence that they belonged where they were! Amazing, amazing, amazing.

BBM

I was thinking that too - how many people would have the courage to kick in the door of their friend and neighbour? How many folk would have just left it and then reported to the home-owner on their return? Amanda must have sounded very convincing and Charles showed great judgement to believe her and take action.

Hi all, top three stories on UK Sky news right now are: this missing women case and the Tia Sharp & April Jones trials.
Let's hope Madeleine McCann is found too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue's Clues