Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have listened to so many reports today and read so many things. It was Amanda's aunt I believe that said Michelle would be included with their family if necessary. I truly believe that Amanda was the 'den mother' so to speak. Also read that Michelle probably had bone structure damage to her face as well from beatings. Since I am too tired to back this up with links, this has to be considered rumor for now.

I read that also and possibly hearing problems from being hit in the head. So sad all around.

if Michelle was mentally handicapped as the link up thread describes than she may have had a harder time "obeying" comnands from their csptors, therefore more physical abuse.

It says she would get confused as to where she was. this was before she (Michelle) went missing.

I have listened to so many reports today and read so many things. It was Amanda's aunt I believe that said Michelle would be included with their family if necessary. I truly believe that Amanda was the 'den mother' so to speak. Also read that Michelle probably had bone structure damage to her face as well from beatings. Since I am too tired to back this up with links, this has to be considered rumor for now.

I read that too but can't provide the link offhand. And that she lost most of her hearing. Poor Michelle seemed to have endured a great deal of abuse. My heart breaks. I just watched Jaycee Duggard speak on CNN as she received the "Hope" award and just bawled.

Hi eleph, I found this link:

http://chicagoist.com/2013/05/07/cleveland_kidnapping_victims_pregnancies_miscarriages.php

According to WVUE, the Fox affiliate in Cleveland, all three women appeared to be malnourished when they were found, with Michelle Knight suffering hearing loss and structural damage to her face. She told police she was hit on the head. Another source told WVUE that Knight told police of a fourth woman who was once inside the home, but that one day she woke up and the woman was missing.

This link offers more information about the brothers than I've seen elsewhere. The pictures of Ariel Castro and son Anthony in front of the padlocked basement door in 2001 are curious as well. The first kidnap victim, Michelle Knight, wasn't reported missing until 2002. So why does he have a PADLOCKED basement in 2001? Another girl locked away before Michelle?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-attic-garage-places-werent-allowed-go.html

Notice the pic of him with his girlfriend in front of that locked door?

Carried over from previous thread.

Respectfully, I for one am not "applauding" the dispatcher nor am I dismissing the fact this was all resolved, everything turned out ok so sweep it under the carpet.

I don't like to see people reprimanded for doing their job properly. I am saying that I (MOO) do not find fault in how the call was answered and responded to. I think people are mistaken the operator's tone of voice as lacking empathy or concern. It must be very hard to understand what is going on with the caller (Amanda) when there was so much hysteria from her and the people in the background. As this article reports, But many on social media said the dispatcher responded in a way that brought many social media complaints about a seemingly brusque or indifferent attitude.

So many people on SOCIAL MEDIA jumping on the bandwagon before they get all the facts. #1 DID AMANDA END THE CALL? #2 ARE PEOPLE TAKING THIS DISPATCHER'S TONE AS HAVING NO EMPATHY? EMPATHY IS NOT REQUIRED IN THESE CASES. GETTING PERTINENT INFORMATION IS, WHICH THE DISPATCHER DID; ADDRESS, NAMES, DESCRIPTION OF PERP., #3 THE DISPATCHER WAS CONTROLLED AND CONCISE ASKING ALL THE RIGHT QUESTIONS.

Then this, Cleveland Safety Director Marty Flask quickly decided the dispatcher showed a lack of sensitivity and empathy.

And lastly from that article, Overall, police response on the case was excellent. The first police car on the scene arrived around a minute and a half after the first 9-1-1 call. This is the same length of time Amanda was on the phone which leads me to believe she saw a police car at that time.

The 911 operator who took Charles' call was more abrupt and seemed disinterested, unconcerned than the other dispatcher IMO. Swearing or no swearing, all calls should be considered an emergency. This dispatcher said we'll send a car out, thank you and hung up on Charles. So IF that dispatcher DID radio for a car to come, according to the above underlined segment time wise, LE was on route to the address and would've likely arrived when Amanda was ending her call. As I mentioned, it was Amanda who apparently said BYE and hung up on the dispatcher. My feeling is she probably saw LE outside and hung up.

Please take the time to listen to the calls and decide who was appropriate, who had more concern, who was asking more questions from the caller, who seemed to be concerned through all the hysteria enough to call Amanda DEAR followed by a slight chuckle. I see no fault with this dispatcher and that's that.
:truce:
Charles call to 911 - placed at 5:52:34 lasting for 1:45 minutes.
Charles Ramsey 911 call - YouTube

Amanda's call to 911 - Call placed at 5:51:59 lasting for 1:40
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-kidnap-victim-freed.html?ico=home^headlines

I said nothing about the dispatcher's manner. I criticized him for letting Amanda off the line. Yes, Amanda did say bye, but she said it hesitantly, as if she didn't know what else to do after the dispatcher basically dismissed her. The responsibility to attempt to keep her on the phone rested with him, not her. She was obviously frantic and had been held captive since she was little more than a child, was she supposed to tell him he shouldn't let her hang up?

When I had to stay on the line with 911 while waiting for an ambulance, the dispatcher verified that the ambulance had arrived before letting me off the phone. No one had to guess that enough time had gone by, they were probably there.

she has a twin brother

Maybe It's the different backgrounds, but I know my mother was camera happy with my sister and I as children and still is today. I would think they would have more than the one photo they have shared with the media of Michelle, in the article above it says they have no other photo to share with the media. Or maybe they have other pictures and aren't willing to share them.

Barbara Knight said she hopes that police have correctly identified her daughter, adding that she would be heartbroken to return to Cleveland only to find that Michelle was still among the missing.

"I'm praying that if it is her, she will come back with me so I can help her recover from what she has been through," Knight said. "So much has happened in these ten years. She has a younger sister she still has not met. I missed her so much while she was gone."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/michelle_knight_missing_for_de.html

Michelle Knight is short, under 5'. He (the kidnapper(s)) probably thought she was uounger than 20-21. I've seen her age reported differently. on different sites.

Does Michelle even have anywhere to go when she leaves the hospital? Her mom moved to Florida. Her son is in middle school now. I wonder who he lives with. It makes me sad that the local media are camped out at the Berry and DeJesus family homes, but there is no fanfare for Michelle. No home, even. :-(

Barbara Knight and a cousin said they are frustrated by a lack of information from city police. They said they have yet to be told where Michelle was taken after leaving the hospital and when they can see her.

Knight also said she gave police a photo of her daughter when she filed the missing-persons report years ago and is disheartened that it has not appeared in media accounts alongside those of Berry and DeJesus.

The family has no other photo of Michelle to provide to the media.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde....html#incart_river_default#incart_maj-story-1

May not be in Michelle's best interests at this time...have read that Michelle's twin brother (Mother abandoned him) has visited her.

Maybe It's the different backgrounds, but I know my mother was camera happy with my sister and I as children and still is today. I would think they would have more than the one photo they have shared with the media of Michelle, in the article above it says they have no other photo to share with the media. Or maybe they have other pictures and aren't willing to share them.

from what i read Michelle's mom left her kids behind and threw one (the twin bro) from wat i understood in the dumpster. she did not have an easy life even before she went missing

Thanks Kat!

I cannot help thinking about the 4th one that was in the house that has not been recovered. Every part of my being is hoping that Ashley Summers (thread on WS) missing from the same area is alive and well somewhere. But who would the 4th one be then?

Those 3 are going away for a long, long time so they should just spill everything they know tomorrow.

This link has a picture of Michelle from high school.

http://fox8.com/2013/05/07/michelle-knight-the-story-you-dont-know/

I need to post her photo.

michelle1.jpeg

Michelle Knight (Photo from James Ford Rhodes High School yearbook)

http://fox8.com/2013/05/07/michelle-knight-the-story-you-dont-know/

Barbara Knight and a cousin said they are frustrated by a lack of information from city police. They said they have yet to be told where Michelle was taken after leaving the hospital and when they can see her.

Knight also said she gave police a photo of her daughter when she filed the missing-persons report years ago and is disheartened that it has not appeared in media accounts alongside those of Berry and DeJesus.

The family has no other photo of Michelle to provide to the media.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde....html#incart_river_default#incart_maj-story-1

May not be in Michelle's best interests at this time...

Maybe it is Michelle who wants nothing to do with her mother. She lost her son because of a messy life when she was younger. Maybe it isnt the police not talking to Michelle's mother, maybe its Michelle.

Thanks Kat!

I cannot help thinking about the 4th one that was in the house that has not been recovered. Every part of my being is hoping that Ashley Summers (thread on WS) missing from the same area is alive and well somewhere. But who would the 4th one be then?

Those 3 are going away for a long, long time so they should just spill everything they know tomorrow.

well Michelle's case wasn't even really known so it could certainly be someone we've never heard of before

from what i read Michelle's mom left her kids behind and threw one (the twin bro) from wat i understood in the dumpster. she did not have an easy life even before she went missing

That explains why there are probably no other pictures. I didn't realize she didn't have a good life prior to going missing. So very sad. I truly hope she gets all the love care and support to go on and be happy in life. Bless her :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500