Another New Lawyer for Casey - Dorothy Sims

It just still gets me that no matter how much they say she's innocent, the defense keeps padding up the mitigating phase with tons of people. So if she's so innocent, why is the only thing the defense is worried about mitigation? Why make sure that's got all of your efforts and the actual defense itself? This is going to be a very short trial and a very long mitigating phase, I'm afraid.

I'm going to start with the name MDInabox...really? I think of Jack In the Box burger joints. What an awful name for her company. Secondly, I'm not seeing how a Dr. in India is as current on information as we here in the states. In the medical community things change so frequently, new drugs are introduced, technology and protocols change. I could possibly see using someone of this nature on certain matters, but certainly not in this case. All I can say is the defense is so focused on the penalty phase, I think they need a wake up call that there is a trial first. JMO.

I'm going to start with the name MDInabox...really? I think of Jack In the Box burger joints. What an awful name for her company. Secondly, I'm not seeing how a Dr. in India is as current on information as we here in the states. In the medical community things change so frequently, new drugs are introduced, technology and protocols change. I could possibly see using someone of this nature on certain matters, but certainly not in this case. All I can say is the defense is so focused on the penalty phase, I think they need a wake up call that there is a trial first. JMO.

I had the same thought, the first company was named BoxODocs, it is no longer active though.

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/80756408.pdf

I had the same thought, the first company was named BoxODocs, it is no longer active though.

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/80756408.pdf

In July my husband and I had a bad experience with a "doc in a box" ~ Not in a court room but an emergency room. I thought he was having a stroke and the "doc in the box" didn't so they didn't give him the block-busters. Instead, they sent him to a hospital 2 hours away. Five seizures later, they discovered that he had indeed had a stroke and the brain injury was causing the strokes. Needless to say, I would never put my life or death decisions in the hands of a "doc in a box" again ~ whether it be in an ER or a court room. Didn't work out real well for us and certainly JB could find something better. I mean it's not like he's in a tiny town like we are!!

ETA: This offered as a small explanation in case anyone noticed the selective slant to what I chose to quote from the MDinaBOX site in my previous post.

In July my husband and I had a bad experience with a "doc in a box" ~ Not in a court room but an emergency room. I thought he was having a stroke and the "doc in the box" didn't so they didn't give him the block-busters. Instead, they sent him to a hospital 2 hours away. Five seizures later, they discovered that he had indeed had a stroke and the brain injury was causing the strokes. Needless to say, I would never put my life or death decisions in the hands of a "doc in a box" again ~ whether it be in an ER or a court room. Didn't work out real well for us and certainly JB could find something better. I mean it's not like he's in a tiny town like we are!!

How horrible for you and your husband, I hope and pray he is doing better.

You know EU, you can initiate a lawsuit against them. Did they provide names to you??

Glad your DH is doing better and so sorry you both were treated so poorly and sent away with a wrong Dx..You should take them to court..JMHO

I've forgotten about the psychologicals on ICA...thanks EU, for that dose of reality...I totally forgot a mental health evalutation was done on ICA...I am very curious now to know what they found???JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I could think of a few things that they may have concluded having to do with pathological lying, narcissism, self entitlement...just to name a couple. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she is DX'd with some kind of disorder..no different than what seems like about 75% (just my own guesstimate :)) of the rest of the population, myself included. Difference is that 99.9999% of the rest of us don't kill our children or commit any crime whatsoever.

That said, I don't believe that there is/or was anything lacking in ICA's mental state (in my unprofessional opinion) that would rank up there as any sort of mitigating circumstances/aggravating factors pertaining to the unspeakable act in which I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that she committed on this precious baby girl. No one could ever convince me not only that ICA knew exactly what she was doing when she was doing it and that she knew it was wrong...she just didn't care, plain and simple. I don't know about anyone else, but I call that EVIL. :furious:..

Many of us figured from early on, despite Cindy, George, JB and ICA herself denying any kind of mental disorder was going on, that it would most likely come down to this. It just confirms to me that the defense has a BIG FAT NOTHING to hang their hat on and this is it, this is all that stands between ICA and DP....So absolutely transparent, I'm almost embarrassed for them. :no:..:pinocchio:..

It just still gets me that no matter how much they say she's innocent, the defense keeps padding up the mitigating phase with tons of people. So if she's so innocent, why is the only thing the defense is worried about mitigation? Why make sure that's got all of your efforts and the actual defense itself? This is going to be a very short trial and a very long mitigating phase, I'm afraid.

bbm~

Because they know she's not innocent (just as Cindy and George know) and the defense have NOTHING else, nada, zilch..Big Fat 0. Everything points to ICA and no matter how hard they have tried to throw anyone and everyone else in the mix, they know the jurors will never buy it.

Aedrys, I just can't wait until trial when JB makes us all see the light. :floorlaugh:..What was the exact phrase that he used once upon a time? Something about it would all become clear when the case went to trial? Yeah, OK...:floorlaugh:..

Even if Atty. Sims is working with JB pro bono there will still be the fee for the doctors who "do not have a license to practice medicine in the U.S. or Europe" that will have to be paid. Somehow, I just smile when I think of Dr G being cross examined with information provided by "doctors who are licensed in developing nations" and purportedly earn $150 per hour for MDinaBOX, Inc. I don't think Dr G will be intimidated at all by any of this.

http://www.mdinabox.com/
BBM I totally agree!!! This is a joke. JMO.

I was so glad to know Dr G was handling Caylee's autopsy - she is fair, plays it straight and knows where to find answers that someone else could just leave "unk" or "natural/unnatural causes", when it could be something more sinister. It's almost like she is able to get inside the remains and tells their story.

With all the lies from the camp, that should want the truth, more than anyone on the planet - Caylee needed Dr G. We are lucky to have her.

-------------
I will never forget Dr.G. saying she is the voice for the children.:angel:

ETA: This offered as a small explanation in case anyone noticed the selective slant to what I chose to quote from the MDinaBOX site in my previous post.

---------------------------
EU. I am sooooo thankful your husband is ok.My son died.We had him at Clevelands Metro Health,didnt know a stroke when they saw it.Neurosurgeons!!! We kept begging them to believe him,til he could no longer speak or move.I hate that hospital!.Blessings to your husband.

Understand what you are saying, but how do you argue innocence during the guilt phase and diminished capacity in penalty phase. That would be not guilty your honor - whoops well if I'm guilty then I must be crazy - is that what you are saying? Are you quite convinced the Defense will not be offering diminished mental capacity on both sides of the fence? After all what we are doing here is second guessing defense tactics - we don't know - at least I don't know - do you?

As far we know, ICA got a psych evaluation before this started to okay her to go to trial. RH has just listed the key mitigating factors which we have already discussed - and I don't see how any of them relate - unless the defense is going to slide diminished mental capacity under the heading of extreme mental or emotional disturbance. And that's going to be really tough to prove what with all the picking up videos, denying, carrying on as usual, plus elaborate lies about just what beach Zanny had Caylee on.

My question is: in what manner can diminished mental capacity be used in Florida, and since this is the mitigation phase thread, in what way do experts feel it will be used in this case. Twinkies here, twinkies there or what?

Maybe DS is here to provide a defense for ICAs attys and all the crazy things they have tried to get the public to buy! "Your honor our client is guilty and we've all gone NUTZZ looking for a plausible excuse for her actions.

I could think of a few things that they may have concluded having to do with pathological lying, narcissism, self entitlement...just to name a couple. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she is DX'd with some kind of disorder..no different than what seems like about 75% (just my own guesstimate :)) of the rest of the population, myself included. Difference is that 99.9999% of the rest of us don't kill our children or commit any crime whatsoever.

That said, I don't believe that there is/or was anything lacking in ICA's mental state (in my unprofessional opinion) that would rank up there as any sort of mitigating circumstances/aggravating factors pertaining to the unspeakable act in which I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that she committed on this precious baby girl. No one could ever convince me not only that ICA knew exactly what she was doing when she was doing it and that she knew it was wrong...she just didn't care, plain and simple. I don't know about anyone else, but I call that EVIL. :furious:..

Many of us figured from early on, despite Cindy, George, JB and ICA herself denying any kind of mental disorder was going on, that it would most likely come down to this. It just confirms to me that the defense has a BIG FAT NOTHING to hang their hat on and this is it, this is all that stands between ICA and DP....So absolutely transparent, I'm almost embarrassed for them. :no:..:pinocchio:..

BBM - exactly! From day 31 most of us have been aware that this team had nothing, zip, zilch! (short of what we will all understand at trial) :rolleyes: And yet the party grows almost daily.

What a waste, a huge waste of taxpayers (and others) money it is to defend this POC - I just don't get why it is the taxpayers have to foot the bill for a circus full of very high priced attys (including those pro-bono who will increase the cost in court time and paperwork) to defend ICA's "undefendable" acts - this whole case has been a travesty, from day 1 - the day Caylee "disappeared" (off the face of the planet) and ICA went to rent movies!! UGH she really pizzez me off.

Originally Posted by Kentjbkent
Maybe it is finally time to start a thread about the past projects of Jim L, his connection to a few "players" who have instigated themselves in this case, as well as his current professional relationship with WESH anchor Martha S...
(This all seems to be coming together for me...will start that thread when I get home this evening)

I look forward to reading your research on this issue!!

Has this been posted yet??

Originally Posted by watcher9
Well, maybe I jumped the gun.
A new NOA was filed today but MM was unable to get a copy of it because of the holiday. In my mind I figured it was R Gabriel but I don't think it has been backed up as fact.
My mistake.

I think Gabriel is still a distinct possibility.

Sims was filed on the 8th and says "Limited"
09/08/2010 Notice of Limited Appearance as Co-Counsel

This looks like a completely different filing on the 9th - with no "Limited" wording - and it does NOT say "Amended" Notice (as for Sims)
09/09/2010 Notice of Appearance as Co-Counsel

MuzikMan looked at both documents at the courthouse ... and they are both for Dorothy Sims.

Originally Posted by Kentjbkent
Maybe it is finally time to start a thread about the past projects of Jim L, his connection to a few "players" who have instigated themselves in this case, as well as his current professional relationship with WESH anchor Martha S...
(This all seems to be coming together for me...will start that thread when I get home this evening)

Has this been posted yet??
If you read his twitters..it shows he has been involved in this case for a lot longer than I thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back