Any other homicides on record that also had a ransom note?

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone! I'm going off memory at the moment, so forgive me if tend to ramble. I too believe that the spelling mistakes were intentional to throw off readers. One thing that's always stuck out to me was the tone of the note and how it changes dramatically from page one to page three. The note begins by addressing JR as Mr. Ramsey and almost sounds as though a terrorist group is responsible ("We respect your business, but not the country that it serves") , but near the end of the note begins to refer to him directly as John and addresses him harshly. I believe that this progression of the hostile emotions towards JR mean that the author of the note was very personal with him and would therefore know of his wealth. This finding leads me to question the small amount demanded for JB. Why leave a ransom at all? Secondly, the author says the family is under "constant scrutiny' and if any calls are made JB will be "executed." I can understand the family calling police, but why would they feel the need to call on their friends and pastor? That is a complete "deviation" from the notes instructions which warned repeatedly what would happen if they chose to do so. This leads me to believe that the parents were well aware that there was no "foreign faction" able to harm JB. i will continue this when I get home tonight and have access to my case notes! Thanks guys! :)

I've said before that the end of the note reads to me like an angry wife. Patsy wrote this, or someone is mocking her. The shift in tone leads me to suspect the ransom note wasn't written in one sitting, or at the very least it was put on hold for a moment while J&P argued about something (IMO the removal of JB).

Heyya Daisy1975

Maybe the Zahra Baker case would be a good comparative.
Death of Zahra Baker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A 911 call was made by Elisa on October 9, 2010 at 5:30 am, reporting a fire in the back of the family residence in Hickory. When the police came for the reported fire, there was a ransom note and the smell of gasoline coming from Adam's company truck, a Chevrolet Tahoe.[5] In a second 911 phone call made when Zahra is reported missing on 2 pm on the same day, Adam Baker explained that during a fire in their backyard a $1 million ransom note was found on his company truck the night before, addressed to Adam's boss and landlord, Mark Coffey. Adam explained that they called 911 earlier that day about the fire and implied that whoever started the fire, may have done so in order to distract the alleged kidnapper, in order to take Zahra. Adam explained the purported kidnapper mistakenly confused Zahra for Mr. Coffey's daughter. Mark Coffey's daughter was unharmed and with her family, Adam stated. Adam said the last time he saw his daughter was at 2:30 am. Apparently, Adam Baker left for work early in the morning and did not return until after Zahra went to sleep.[1]"

Zahra Baker's murder reminds me of what happened to Sylvia Likens.

Now, if there is a ransom note used, wouldn't the victim be kidnapped and be missing? That is not the case with JonBenet.

I've said before that the end of the note reads to me like an angry wife. Patsy wrote this, or someone is mocking her. The shift in tone leads me to suspect the ransom note wasn't written in one sitting, or at the very least it was put on hold for a moment while J&P argued about something (IMO the removal of JB).

There was a rough draft of the RN and the "angry wife" end of the note was added when the RN was rewritten.

Patsy was quite concerned about a "proper burial". There was never a plan or even a consideration to take the child out of the home.

The RN was written to explain why the child would be found dead.

MOO

There was a rough draft of the RN and the "angry wife" end of the note was added when the RN was rewritten.

Patsy was quite concerned about a "proper burial". There was never a plan or even a consideration to take the child out of the home.

The RN was written to explain why the child would be found dead.

MOO

DeDee,
JonBenet could have been found violated and lying dead in her own bed.

Could the RN help in explaining why she was relocated from upstairs down to the basement, thus allowing the removal of forensic evidence?

Political Kidnapping
Audiotaped demands

Patty is the granddaughter of the legendary newspaper publisher, William Randolph Hearst.

Around 9 o’clock in the evening on February 4, 1974, there was a knock on the door of apartment #4 at 2603 Benvenue Street in Berkeley, California. In burst a group of men and women with their guns drawn. They grabbed a surprised 19-year-old college student named Patty Hearst, beat up her fiancé, threw her in the trunk of their car and drove off.

They identified themselves as members of the Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA).

Thus began one of the strangest cases in FBI history.

By her account, Patty was kept blindfolded for two months in a closet at the group's headquarters, unable even to use the bathroom in privacy. DeFreeze realized that her visibility as a social figure that had gained the nation's sympathy would showcase his cause, so he worked to turn her into an angry revolutionary.

From her report, DeFreeze relied on harsh psychological techniques:

•She was isolated and made to feel that no one was going to rescue her.

•She was physically and sexually abused by various members of the gang.

•She was told that she might die.

•She was fed lies about how the gang was oppressed by the establishment.

•She was forced to record messages that blasted those she loved.

By early April, she had a new identity and was deemed ready to accompany the gang on their next daring foray.

Patty's doting father, Randolph Hearst, had initially responded to the SLA's demands (made by tape and given to the media) by distributing millions of dollars worth of food to the poor, which badly backfired. Groups like the Black Muslims exploited the opportunity to fill their own coffers, and others grabbed the free food to sell at exorbitant prices.

The SLA also wanted their propaganda published, a demand with which Hearst complied. They said they'd made "an arrest" and that Patty was in "protective custody." Then they insisted that more food be distributed, at which point Hearst laid down a condition namely, Patty's safe return. Abruptly, all negotiations ceased.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spies/terrorists/hearst/1.html

Patty Hearst - Newspaper heiress Patty Hearst was kidnapped by a group calling itself the Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA) back in 1974. At the time, she was a 19-year-old college student at the University of California at Berkeley. The SLA's first written ransom note demanded the release of political prisoners but later "communiques" - audio recordings from Patty and others - demanded food for the poor. Patty's father complied and created a group called "People In Need" that would provide $2 million to feed over 100,000 people for 12 months. It is still considered the oddest ransom demand ever. Riots broke out in Los Angeles and Oakland at the start of the program as thousands of people overwhelmed the food banks. Eventually, Patty Hearst became "Tania," a member of the group, and helped rob a bank armed with a machine gun. Police wound up killing all six members of the SLA in a televised gun battle but Patty was not there. She was eventually captured while robbing another bank. When asked her occupation, Patty reportedly said, "urban guerilla." She was convicted of armed robbery and sentenced to seven years but only served 22 months because the rest of her sentence was commuted by President Jimmy Carter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-preview-the-fascinating-history-of-the-ransom-note/

On May 16, two SLA members tried to steal an ammunition belt from a local store and were nearly caught. The getaway van was discovered, which led authorities to an SLA safe house. The next day, the house was surrounded by L.A. police. A massive shootout ensued. The building went up in flames; six members of the SLA died in the blaze, including DeFreeze.

But where was Hearst? She and several others had escaped and began traveling around the country to avoid capture. FBI agents, though, were close behind. We finally captured her in San Francisco on September 18, 1975, and she was charged with bank robbery and other crimes.

Her trial was as sensational as the chase. Despite claims of brainwashing, the jury found her guilty, and she was sentenced to seven years in prison. Hearst served two years before President Carter commuted her sentence. She was later pardoned.

And the rest of the SLA? We caught up with them all. The last two members were arrested in 1999 and 2002. Case closed.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/history/famous-cases/patty-hearst-kidnapping

Bill Clinton issued a full pardon for Patty Hearst.

http://listverse.com/2011/09/27/10-fascinating-kidnappings/

All ransom notes tie the kidnapped to the parents actions.. [parent's action]

" You will only get them back if.. We will kill them if... We will hurt them if..
If you want to see them alive again you will....

I believe you have 'hit' on something here.
They do, don't they. (and the person who wrote that 'ransom note' was thinking about that.)

But notice what they did:

The person, not only, (did the wording to)
tie it to - the parent's action,

the person who wrote that 'ransom note'
ALSO:
(said too much),

the person (writer of the ransom note) ALSO,

tried to tie it to,

the 'parent's - job,

the [money amount] of
the 'parent's (John's)
- Christmas bonus, from his job.

`````
You see what I am saying"

The person, in trying to,
"tie it to"
the "parent's action"
, (mistakingly)
tried to "tie it to"

"parent's
action"

(in regard to "other" things, too)

``````
and the biggest mistake the person made (in regard to the, fake) 'ransom note' is:
The person let it be known that, the person knew things "about" John Ramsey. (The person knew that John Ramsey had gotten a Christmas bonus and knew how much it was for.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back