Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've taken a look and I see what you mean about this woman looking a little like EDJD. However I think the picture is much more recent than EDJD's era. The attire that the women are wearing looks quite contemporary to me in the way it's made (especially the shoes and corsets), and the hair of the woman on the far left definitely looks like a style from within the last ten years.

Kudos to you for even finding this though! It really wouldn't surprise me if EDJD turned up in an old picture of an establishment like this.

You see, hairstyles and high heels are something I don't have a clue about so thanks for taking a look. I know the Paper Moon clubs weren't even in existence in '91 but thought it could be one that they took over like the one in Arkansas. The owner of that one is also from Virginia. I don't know about when it was the Prime Time. I had noticed that the owner of the Virginia clubs was a Boyd and I remembered that EDJD had the Boyd Sound Studio business card from Wylie TX. I was trying to make a family connection between them but haven't been able to. That's what I was doing when I came across the picture. Oh well, I will keep searching.

Maybe some others have seen this picture, I don't know but I came across it awhile back. I know there is small chance of it being EDJD but for some reason I just keep coming back to it and it's getting on my nerves. I found it in a portfolio that was compiled in 2016 for a potential buyer of the Paper Moon clubs in Virginia. Now for starters I don't know what a picture that old would be doing in this portfolio amongst other more recent picture's but to me it looks like it could be from a different time. I believe it is older but I don't know by how much. The picture is on page 38 and the girl in question is seated on the right. To me she looks a lot like EDJD but she does appear to have some tattoos. A star on her abdomen, what I think is a kitten face on her upper right chest and something else on the left side of her neck. However, I'm not totally convinced that these tattoos are real. They are very simple and mundane and looks like someone could have taken a marker, or ink pen for that matter, and put them on her in a matter of a minute or two. The girl sitting next to her has some money in a garter and I was trying to get a good look at it so as to see when it would have been in circulation but I can't make it out. I have been comparing this picture to the one just below it on page 39 which looks to be much more recent. The girls are wearing different attire, the paint job is different, the carpet looks the same but who knows how old carpet is and I can very clearly make out the money which I guess apparently means the picture is of better quality. I can't provide a link, it will only let me download but if you search Assessment of Paper Moons Virginia you will see it. Sorry, I know there's probably an easier and more direct way but I don't know what it is and I know it sounds crazy but I was wanting someone, if they find the time, to take a look and tell me it's not her so maybe I will go on and forget about it. Thanks.
This is a great clue because I believe the locations are all in places traced to EDJD, and so there's a possibility that she could have been involved in this club .
As for the photo—there are three clues that tell me this photo was taken far more recently than 30 years ago:

1. The girl in question is wearing 'booty shorts bikini set". That style was not around in the late 80's or early 90's, that is a bikini style from 5-8 years ago.

2. Tattoo were not a popular mass-appeal thing in the 80's or in early 1990's. I remember in 1994 when we hired a young woman who had a nose ring and was contemplating a few tattoos (she was about 20) and the idea of young woman wearing tattoos was still very new and this was in a metropolitan city, so certainly something more popular in those areas. The woman on the far left has about a 1/4 sleeve tattoo and again, that wasn't something that most women were doing until the last 5-10 years and would have not been even considered in the late 1980's and early 90's. So 2 women out of 6 having tattoos in 1989-1991 is quite an anomaly in my opinion. Another consideration is that in the early days of popularity (for argument I would say mid 1990's) visible tattoos on dancers would probably turn off club owners.

3. The girl in question and the girl with the garter are both wearing clear "stripper" heels. This style of shoe became popular in the 2000's and while they may have been around 30 years ago, again we have 2 girls wearing them out of 6 (we can only see shoes on 4 of them).

For these reasons I would suggest the photo was taken after 2010 to about 2015.

As for a personal reason, I think the girl in the photo has more angular features than EDJD

Maybe some others have seen this picture, I don't know but I came across it awhile back. I know there is small chance of it being EDJD but for some reason I just keep coming back to it and it's getting on my nerves. I found it in a portfolio that was compiled in 2016 for a potential buyer of the Paper Moon clubs in Virginia. Now for starters I don't know what a picture that old would be doing in this portfolio amongst other more recent picture's but to me it looks like it could be from a different time. I believe it is older but I don't know by how much. The picture is on page 38 and the girl in question is seated on the right. To me she looks a lot like EDJD but she does appear to have some tattoos. A star on her abdomen, what I think is a kitten face on her upper right chest and something else on the left side of her neck. However, I'm not totally convinced that these tattoos are real. They are very simple and mundane and looks like someone could have taken a marker, or ink pen for that matter, and put them on her in a matter of a minute or two. The girl sitting next to her has some money in a garter and I was trying to get a good look at it so as to see when it would have been in circulation but I can't make it out. I have been comparing this picture to the one just below it on page 39 which looks to be much more recent. The girls are wearing different attire, the paint job is different, the carpet looks the same but who knows how old carpet is and I can very clearly make out the money which I guess apparently means the picture is of better quality. I can't provide a link, it will only let me download but if you search Assessment of Paper Moons Virginia you will see it. Sorry, I know there's probably an easier and more direct way but I don't know what it is and I know it sounds crazy but I was wanting someone, if they find the time, to take a look and tell me it's not her so maybe I will go on and forget about it. Thanks.
This is a great clue because I believe the locations are all in places traced to EDJD, and so there's a possibility that she could have been involved in this club .
As for the photo—there are three clues that tell me this photo was taken far more recently than 30 years ago:

1. The girl in question is wearing 'booty shorts bikini set". That style was not around in the late 80's or early 90's, that is a bikini style from 5-8 years ago.

2. Tattoo were not a popular mass-appeal thing in the 80's or in early 1990's. I remember in 1994 when we hired a young woman who had a nose ring and was contemplating a few tattoos (she was about 20) and the idea of young woman wearing tattoos was still very new and this was in a metropolitan city, so certainly something more popular in those areas. The woman on the far left has about a 1/4 sleeve tattoo and again, that wasn't something that most women were doing until the last 5-10 years and would have not been even considered in the late 1980's and early 90's. So 2 women out of 6 having tattoos in 1989-1991 is quite an anomaly in my opinion. Another consideration is that in the early days of popularity (for argument I would say mid 1990's) visible tattoos on dancers would probably turn off club owners.

3. The girl in question and the girl with the garter are both wearing clear "stripper" heels. This style of shoe became popular in the 2000's and while they may have been around 30 years ago, again we have 2 girls wearing them out of 6 (we can only see shoes on 4 of them).

For these reasons I would suggest the photo was taken after 2010 to about 2015.

As for a personal reason, I think the girl in the photo has more angular features than EDJD

Let's hope they're working with your tip. I'm going to keep looking through some yearbooks from the areas her relatives were from and see what I can find.
I have been through tons of yearbooks all in the spotsylvania thru Fredericksburg and surrounding areas and have come up with nothing

Was looking for the previous rule out listing became overwhelmed in digging so far back.. I know Carbuff is very good with posting them. I seen their was an update to her NAMUS profile 6/25/20 unsure what the update was but I did notice that # MP2890 Ann Gotlib 06/01/1983 Jefferson County, KY was added I do not recall her being on the list before.

Was looking for the previous rule out listing became overwhelmed in digging so far back.. I know Carbuff is very good with posting them. I seen their was an update to her NAMUS profile 6/25/20 unsure what the update was but I did notice that # MP2890 Ann Gotlib 06/01/1983 Jefferson County, KY was added I do not recall her being on the list before.
Very similar :O

Sorry, but it is highly unlikely... I mean, we cannot at this time exclude the possibility, but if Gotlib was such a prominent case, both of them would have been brought into connection quite fast.

Sorry, but it is highly unlikely... I mean, we cannot at this time exclude the possibility, but if Gotlib was such a prominent case, both of them would have been brought into connection quite fast.

I agree ...Gotlib would be totally left field to me ... but NAMUS has her on the rule outs list so .... someone submitted her.

Last edited:
NAMUS Rule Outs List - 07/10/2020

Elaine Allenbach
Veronica Brewer
Phyllis Brewer
Janet Brice
Sherry Bynum
Tracy Byrd
Myrisha Campbell
Misty Copsey
Melinda Creech
Linda Davis
Jeannette Drzewieck
Rebecca Dunn
Elizabeth Gill
Cynthia Gooding
Ann Gotlib
Deborah Green
Shelley Hoke
Wendy Huggy
Cheryl Ann Iacovone
Rochelle Ihm
Kimberly Kahler
Tricia Kellett
WinnieKersey
Cindy King
Kim Leggett
Jackie Leslie
Laurie Lucas
Staci Madison
Cathleen Martin
Kelly McGinnis
Julie Moseley
Michelle Mulcahy
Leigh Occhi
Judith ODonnell
Carey Parker
Tracy Ramsey
Lisa Sexton
Roxanne Sims
Amanda Slaughter
Susan Smalley
Cathy Smith
Tammy Surdam
Patricia Taylor
Michelle Thomas
Pamela Tinsley
Mary Trlica
Darci Warde
Darlene Webb
Sherri White
Lisa White
Joanne Williams
Lisa Wilson

Hello. I came across a missing women. There is a difference of an inch or two and a difference of six days. When I first found her I had no idea the dates were that close together.
Lori Dea Julian.
I put them side by side.

Attachments

• 7C65E75A-41E9-4B8F-9462-C8EBFBE3BCB0.jpeg
    7C65E75A-41E9-4B8F-9462-C8EBFBE3BCB0.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 78
Could be someone never reported missing. Rough upbringing and ran away and family just let her go. Seems if it were a missing person with loved ones looking for her, she’d be identified by now :(

Could be someone never reported missing. Rough upbringing and ran away and family just let her go. Seems if it were a missing person with loved ones looking for her, she’d be identified by now :(

Well, the one just linked in the psot above yours disappeared in 1991. NAMUS profile was not made until 2010.

Anything is possible.

Hello. I came across a missing women. There is a difference of an inch or two and a difference of six days. When I first found her I had no idea the dates were that close together.
Lori Dea Julian.
I put them side by side.
She certainly looks a bit like her. Given she only went missing shortly before Jane doe was found it would depend on Lori’s backstory. Could she have been living edjd’s life and aliases while also being known as Lori?

She certainly looks a bit like her. Given she only went missing shortly before Jane doe was found it would depend on Lori’s backstory. Could she have been living edjd’s life and aliases while also being known as Lori?
The back stories are so similar.... it really makes me wonders.

Lori Julian was last seen in Scottsdale, Arizona on July 16, 1991. Accounts differ as to whether she was at her lawyer's office discussing an accident settlement, leaving a bar, or at the 7-11 store at Granite Reef and McDowell Road. She has never been heard from again.

Julian has two daughters. She was divorced from their father and he had custody. She always contacted her daughters at holidays and on their birthdays. She was reported missing after she didn't get in touch on her older daughter's twelfth birthday, July 30.

Julian gave birth to a son a few months before her disappearance, but the baby died a few days after birth. After her son's death, Julian said she wanted to turn her life around. She planned to move in with a friend and go into rehabilitation for her substance abuse issues, but disappeared before she was able to do either of those things.

Julian worked as a waitress and bartender in 1991 and often hitchhiked alone, particularly from truck stops, and traveled throughout the country. She occasionally dropped out of sight for weeks at a time, but her family says she would never have gone this long without contact.

Her case was reopened in 2003, but it remains unsolved. Although her children believe she met with foul play, her disappearance is classified as a simple missing person rather than a crime. Police believe she may be homeless.

Lori Julian was last seen in Scottsdale, Arizona on July 16, 1991. Accounts differ as to whether she was at her lawyer's office discussing an accident settlement, leaving a bar, or at the 7-11 store at Granite Reef and McDowell Road. She has never been heard from again.

Julian has two daughters. She was divorced from their father and he had custody. She always contacted her daughters at holidays and on their birthdays. She was reported missing after she didn't get in touch on her older daughter's twelfth birthday, July 30.

Julian gave birth to a son a few months before her disappearance, but the baby died a few days after birth. After her son's death, Julian said she wanted to turn her life around. She planned to move in with a friend and go into rehabilitation for her substance abuse issues, but disappeared before she was able to do either of those things.

Julian worked as a waitress and bartender in 1991 and often hitchhiked alone, particularly from truck stops, and traveled throughout the country. She occasionally dropped out of sight for weeks at a time, but her family says she would never have gone this long without contact.

Her case was reopened in 2003, but it remains unsolved. Although her children believe she met with foul play, her disappearance is classified as a simple missing person rather than a crime. Police believe she may be homeless.
Really interesting. Do any of her Eldorado contacts recall her being pregnant leading up to her death ? I feel like that part could be easily checked.

Last seen July 16 1991 though, 6 days after EDJDs death. I guess that can be wrong as it has been so long. Wonder where the date comes from. Their chins look quite different and Lori looks heavier. JMO

Sorry, I was out for a bit. The quarantine on top of all the sad dead faces got to me for a while. But I'm back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500