AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent opinion piece from a college student who is a Christian.

Media stories like this continually raise the celebrity to a status rivaling that of a holy figure. And when they fail, such as Josh Duggar, their tainted persona spills over onto their religion of choice.
It makes it easy for naysayers to attack religion and its hypocrisy. And they have the right to. We allowed them to. We gave them an easy target, lifted him or her into the public light as a representation of Christians and then sat in dismay as he or she screwed up.

Some even try to defend the actions, such as 2016 presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, whose lengthy Facebook quote said, “Josh’s actions was…’inexcusable,’ but that doesn’t mean ‘unforgivable.’” That may be true in a biblical sense, but that doesn’t mean the backlash isn’t warranted or that he need not go through the legal system.

This comes across more as a man unable to cope with the scandal for political or religious reasons than his genuine beliefs. I guarantee that if it were Jon Stewart or Bill Maher who was caught molesting children, he would call for a witch-hunt instead of a cease-fire.

http://www.redandblack.com/views/du...cle_1c914d2e-0964-11e5-83ed-7b8941ae4483.html

I was tied up with a family event tonight, but I can't say how much I appreciate all of what you've shared. And so let me pass on this group side-hug, whatever the hell that is.

I think this is the full interview ..

[video=youtube;J0zFOoPdkqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0zFOoPdkqw[/video]

Also the molestation was only for a few seconds, on top of the girls being asleep, and only over the clothes, so you know what .. it's like nothing even happened at all .. except of course for the fact that the juvenile records got released, and may whoever did that feel the full force of the law and the wrath of god etc.

Also .. BOOM!! They do have a PR company helping them get on message, huge fail there.

Very interesting that the time taken is a mitigating factor. It will come as a big relief to all of those people who shot their victims.

JMO, but I think there are a few hints that this sect has some problems dealing with sex and sexuality.

First, the head of the Duggars' fertility cult has the name of a fake *advertiser censored* star!! Bill Gothard?? Really. Maybe Southpark had some influence in choosing the names for this guy. Obviously, sublimation didn't completely work for him.

In an April statement, announced via Twitter, Gothard responded publicly to the allegations for the first time.
"My actions of holding of hands, hugs, and touching of feet or hair with young ladies crossed the boundaries of discretion and were wrong," Gothard wrote. "They demonstrated a double-standard and violated a trust. Because of the claims about me I do want to state that I have never kissed a girl nor have I touched a girl immorally or with sexual intent."
http://www.christianitytoday.com/gl...d-harassment-investigation-released-iblp.html

And then Jim Bob is a the man so unashamedly obsessed with his daughters' sexuality that he complains about the length of a three year old's dress. (A Duggar Says Yes Part 5/6). However, he himself engages in sexually explicit "play" with Michelle while DOUBLE DATING with his Ben and Jessa. In fact, he taunts the younger couple in a stupid "I can do this but you can't" way that is, I guess, supposed to be funny. I found it disturbing.

[video=youtube;JVjRiQw9KLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjRiQw9KLw[/video]

JMO, but I think there are a few hints that this sect has some problems dealing with sex and sexuality.

First, the head of the Duggars' fertility cult has the name of a fake *advertiser censored* star!! Bill Gothard?? Really. Maybe Southpark had some influence in choosing the names for this guy. Obviously, sublimation didn't completely work for him.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gl...d-harassment-investigation-released-iblp.html

And then Jim Bob is a the man so unashamedly obsessed with his daughters' sexuality that he complains about the length of a three year old's dress. (A Duggar Says Yes Part 5/6). However, he himself engages in sexually explicit "play" with Michelle while DOUBLE DATING with his Ben and Jessa. In fact, he taunts the younger couple in a stupid "I can do this but you can't" way that is, I guess, supposed to be funny. I found it disturbing.

[video=youtube;JVjRiQw9KLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjRiQw9KLw[/video]

Not sure if you've seen the segment (and those of you who have read this already, please forgive me), but when of his daughters (or should I say, 'his females') was being married by another pastor/cleric, he stood around until the vows were completed, and then (as a pimp or human trafficker, in my opinion) piped in "You may kiss the bride" after the vows were completed.

So gross, pardon the expression.

I'm just one minute into this 'interview', and I'm wondering why Fox is still considered as an acceptable source of information on anything, anywhere.

Lock them up.

And as for M. Kelly? IMO complicity in an event like that is wicked.

I'm just one minute into this 'interview', and I'm wondering why Fox is still considered as an acceptable source of information on anything, anywhere.
Hey MJ.
I believe the correct spelling is Faux News.

I think this is the full interview ..

[video=youtube;J0zFOoPdkqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0zFOoPdkqw[/video]

In my opinion (IMO), I think that anyone watching this will recognize very dangerous, very awful people.

FWIW. Inside Edition says a former church member warned about Josh Dugger in May, 2007 and Michelle and Jim Bob's enabling.

[video=youtube;T7_D3n7qsrw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7_D3n7qsrw[/video]

Megyn Kelly with FOX did a great job with the interview. She didn't avoid the tough questions but was fair in allowing JB & M to answer. I think people are mostly upset with her because she wasn't holding a pitchfork and torch.

The interview with the Duggar girls will be the heartbreaking one. As they said - they should be allowed to tell their story not the tabloids. They are being victimized all over again. So sad for them.

Megyn Kelly with FOX did a great job with the interview.

Yes, in a way. She was always on script. And she looked wonderful, so she fulfilled her job as a media personality.

Just the same, in my opinion, she was a terrible and shameful journalist in that segment. The whole thing seemed scripted with beachball-sized softballs being tossed to Jim-Bob, and he was able to bunt them wherever he wanted (mind you, I don't think that anything was a surprise here).

I am disappointed in myself for watching as much of this crap interview as I have, but I feel obliged to watch the rest so that I can justify my opinion later. At this point, just the same, I am confident that I can advise everyone to avoid watching MK unless somehow necessary.

The Excuse: “The legal definition is 16 and up for being an adult preying on a child.”

Megyn: Michelle let me ask you, because you were in the news for making a robocall that suggested transgender people might want to go into the bathrooms of girls, locker rooms of girls, and that they may be child molesters. Folks have used that in the past week against you saying how could you unfairly, in their view, compare transgender people to child molesters, suggest they are child molesters, knowing what you know about Josh.

Michelle: I think that protecting young girls and not allowing young men, and men in general, to go into a girls’ locker room is just common sense.

Megyn: But this is different, because you injected child molestation into it.

Jim Bob: I think you actually said pedophile in that, and actually a pedophile is an adult that preys on children. Joshua was actually 14 and just turned 15 when he did what he did. And I think that the legal definition is 16 and up for being an adult preying on a child. So he was a child preying on a child.

So that makes it all right then...

They recognize that he was preying on children though, so that's something, right?

Not that preying for children is any cause for alarm, since he was only 15, not yet 16. Children are traumatized if an adult male gets into the next toilet stall but they are comfortable being preyed on by other children because 12 months or fewer makes all the difference...

*insert huge rolleyes icon*

Megyn: You do not view Josh as a pedophile.

Both parents: No.

This excuse is crap and FWIW it's not even true what Jim Bob says, Michelle did not say "pedophile" in the robocall, she said, "males with past child predator convictions", the only reference to the age is later: "preference of an adult".

Hello, this is Michelle Duggar. I’m calling to inform you of some shocking news that would affect the safety of Northwest Arkansas women and children. The Fayetteville City Council is voting on an ordinance this Tuesday night that would allow men – yes, I said men – to use women's and girls' restrooms, locker rooms, showers, sleeping areas and other areas that are designated for females only. I don’t believe the citizens of Fayetteville would want males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female to have a legal right to enter private areas that are reserved for women and girls. I doubt that Fayetteville parents would stand for a law that would endanger their daughters or allow them to be traumatized by a man joining them in their private space. We should never place the preference of an adult over the safety and innocence of a child. Parents, who do you want undressing next to your daughter at the public swimming pool’s private changing area?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/18/michelle-duggar-anti-discrimination-proposal_n_5689840.html
(how about the restroom preferences of transgender children? they don't exist in the Duggarworld I guess...)

Having now endured the entire 'interview', I can only liken watching it to being subject to --
interrogations with torture
hypothermia
growing up in the Duggar home
being subject to a choke-hold

To be honest, I've only experienced 3 of the 4 above, but I know that the one I haven't had is the worst.

Very interesting that the time taken is a mitigating factor. It will come as a big relief to all of those people who shot their victims.

Memo to all remaining unmarried Duggar kids:

It's OK to kiss before marriage if it's only for a few seconds. Should you be tempted to have premarital sex, be aware that quickies don't count. Premature ejaculation is considered desirable.

Little Joshie was merely curious about girls............over and over again. Hey! A five year old may have something different than the other girls.

He was a scientist. Just doing some experiments. Mainly on top of clothes just for a couple of seconds, And maybe a couple times under the clothes. No biggie.

He stretched it out over a couple of years. But a boy is curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname