AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also believe that JD had been doing this beforehand. Maybe it was "accidental" touching during family games and escalated. I think he did go to his parents because he realized his arousal and behavior was escalating. This is when he should have been removed. The parents lack of action is abusive. He wanted help and they provided little beyond safeguards that did not work. (Notice we do not know the safeguards.) He came back to them after the second time. Then, he escalated to a younger child--- then he got help from them.

Thanks to all here who are taking one for the team for those of us who don't have the stomach to watch. I sincerely appreciate it. I can save my shower for tomorrow morning as usual.

One question: if the girls were asleep and didn't even know about the abuse, why did one of them go crying about it to Jim Bob?

Do the Duggars think we haven't read the report?

Good grief these people are delusional. And beyond disgusting.

"I reached out to them and made the case I was the best for the job," the Fox News anchor told Deadline. "I specifically told their representative, 'You know my reputation. I’ve never been accused of giving anyone a pass, and I’m not going to give them a pass. If you want a soft place to fall, I’m not your person… I think it’s a service to you to have me ask tough questions.'"

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...interview-amidst-scandal-201536#ixzz3c3bcJMGD
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook]

So. Yeah. She totally broke their balls. You go, Megyn Rupert Murdoch Kelly.

Sell out.

Also the molestation was only for a few seconds, on top of the girls being asleep, and only over the clothes, so you know what .. it's like nothing even happened at all .. except of course for the fact that the juvenile records got released, and may whoever did that feel the full force of the law and the wrath of god etc.

Also .. BOOM!! They do have a PR company helping them get on message, huge fail there.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing...

I'm still not convinced their agenda was "spin"....because, frankly, it sounded like they really, really believed the way they were justifying all this was...well, justifiable. Sincere denial? I don't know. I mean, the way they minimized the molestation... I really can't believe what I just heard. Any of it. Certainly, a PR rep would have advised them differently..

And in the fwiw column, I don't believe for one second that Josh came to them with a crying confession because he felt guilty and wanted help & forgiveness. That's just BS. If he approached them first, it was because he was terrified of being exposed.

i have not read the reports. Did a child go crying? If yes, why not ask about that in an interview?

He was grooming and escalating. I do hope the treatment has worked so his children, grandchildren, siblings, nieces or any other contact persons are SAFE in the future.

Thank you.

I really do love Oprah, even if I sometimes give a side eye-roll on some of her stuff.

It makes my heart glad that she would do the right thing. I am sorry for doubting her.

Oh honey.....I was so thrilled to hear that her show really had been responsible.....

eta.....done the responsible thing.....

Sadly I think Michelle is having a hard time dealing with this properly because it is bringing up demons from her own past .. just a vibe I am getting .. she looks like she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

I will speculate that Michelle thought raising her kids in such a strict and religious way would literally safeguard against anything happening to any of them the way something happened to her. For her and for that, I am sorry.

I will speculate that Michelle thought raising her kids in such a strict and religious way would literally safeguard against anything happening to any of them the way something happened to her. For her and for that, I am sorry.

Sadly I agree, that combined with covering up and not running around in a cheerleaders outfit of course.

Preach it, Lisa Bloom! (on CNN)

<paraphasing> To this day the whole family is continuing to protect Josh Duggar. He's a grown man now fully capable of speaking for himself. That is what should be happening. Yet his parents are speaking for him.

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Duggars' concerns about their kids kissing prior to marriage should be bumped WAY down on their priority list of worries.

Good grief. I can't even wrap my head around the way these folks think.

I Don't know how it is in the US today, but it used to be that if a woman called with a domestic violence incidence, the LE would go there and most of the time the woman would refuse to press charges. Sometimes she would turn on the LE.

Now the abuser is arrested even though the woman does not want to press charges.

This Josh situation is the same kind of thing with the girls. It is niot forgiveness. It is a codependency with the whole family.

Maybe Michelle and JimBob feel tainted because of skeletons in their past. They figure they can get salvation if they are extremely rigid.

Now a big anchor has been thrown into that salvation and most of all, into their bank account.

Preach it, Lisa Bloom! (on CNN)

<paraphasing> To this day the whole family is continuing to protect Josh Duggar. He's a grown man now fully capable of speaking for himself. That is what should be happening. Yet his parents are speaking for him.

His parents weren't asked to speak for him during that interview. They were trying to save their own reputation and defend their actions. IMHO

Only 17 minutes into this interview and I can actually feel my blood pressure go up. I bet if it had started thundering and lightening, they would have hidden under the chairs, afraid they would be struck by lightening.

Jumping ahead here to say that's about when I stopped the DVR. I couldn't take it any more. The side-stepping and veiled... um, let's just say "almost" truth. Did the Duggars ever actually name the so-called counseling/construction facility in Little Rock or did they just kinda/sorta describe it? Argh. I'm going back now to see what happened later.

Bull manure seems to glide more smoothly off Michelle's tongue than Jim Bob's - but lots of stuttering and quick changes of subject from both of them. Never a good sign in an interview IYKWIM.

ETA: Okay, I've read all of the posts. Thank you sooo much for the play by play! I'll finish a book or movie no matter how awful it is but I couldn't stomach this interview!

Duggar Family priorities:

Mom and Dad and their parenting.
How they look to the public.
Josh.
The media.
Josh.
Their victimhood.
Josh's victimhood.
End.

I really detest these people.

BBM for focus.

And then when those who do not want to be governed on the basis of religious beliefs they do not share resist, the Christians (some, I mean, not all) claim that there is a war on Christianity, or as Montjoy said, they are being persecuted by the liberal media, or some such.

So if that's the line the Duggars take on this, it will truly be sickening to me. But not surprising.

Sorry to bump my own post, but for those of you who watched, did I predict correctly?

Liberal media?
Persecution against Christians by said liberal media or others?

I have a bet riding on this, sort of.

Love,the "liberal" media. As if billionaires don't own the media. How many owners of the media are there? Not many.

I don't know how many people read 1984 where war is peace and that kind of thing.

Now people who do not believe in child molestation are evil liberals. Topsy turvy whacky world.

Sorry to bump my own post, but for those of you who watched, did I predict correctly?

Liberal media?
Persecution against Christians by said liberal media or others?

I have a bet riding on this, sort of.

As do those of us who read scripture & pre & post 2nd century writings.

In the midst of apparent family tragedy, the endlessly promotable Duggars, begging the media for some semblance of privacy as they sit before the cameras, will get ratings for one channel or another.

Also, I WIN!

But she also exists within a news organization that was operating in a predictable manner when it portrayed the Duggars as victims of a &#8220;liberal backlash.&#8221;

And one more:

Michelle listed rules the pair had put in place, including banning male babysitters and not allowing male relatives to hold babies. Where do cameramen invited into the home enter into this equation?

http://time.com/3908260/duggars-fox-news-interview-jim-bob-joshua-michelle-molestation/

This is actually quite scarily close to the actual interview ..

[video=youtube;1zupB2uMHSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zupB2uMHSI[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member