AR AR - Miranda 'Michelle' Owens, 40, Stuttgart, 21 April 2015

It seems like a lot of valuable time was lost before this woman was finally declared missing. I wonder if she has a history of leaving and not contacting her family.

A key comment from the article that could explain some of the inaction:

Johnson (her mother) said Michelle was “mentally slow”, but it never prevented her from being socially accepted, she was dependent on others.

The police should understand, if they are aware, she is in need of greater protection.

http://www.katv.com/story/28960884/search-party-combs-through-stuttgart-for-michelle-owens

Absolutely agree. If this is causing a hesitation to search, that's very sad.

Now I get why the Silver Alert. She must prefer to go by Michelle-that is how her family refers to her everywhere.

I wonder if she has data and if LE pulled any FB messaging regarding her? I am hoping they pinged her cell. Stuttgart seems like a dangerous place in many ways-I realize that she was (according to family) devoted to her routine, but why was she out of touch with her family on the days that LE saw her? She seems like a vulnerable person, but certainly a noticeable one. I wish someone had a photo of the last outfit she was seen in, but at least we have a description this time!!

This is very concerning-I dont wonder that family is very worried. Perhaps ASP will bring out or has already brought out some SAR dogs? Hopefully LE already did that when they decided she was actually missing?

WTH is going on in Stuttgart???????

Why do they wait so long to do searches? The same with Cassie Comptons case.

I am starting to feel like people run away in droves in Stuttgart so LE doesnt feel the need to look or people disappear in droves in Stuttgart and LE doesnt feel the need to look.

Do you think the residents are wondering yet about something possibly going on in their town?

I am starting to feel like people run away in droves in Stuttgart so LE doesnt feel the need to look or people disappear in droves in Stuttgart and LE doesnt feel the need to look.

Do you think the residents are wondering yet about something possibly going on in their town?

No. I think they are apathetic and can't be bothered with caring. "This can't happen to me" until it happens to them. No precautions, no care. JMO

I think her "slowness" is not a reason to hesitate, but instead a reason to consider her disappearance urgent!

When I read Michelle was sighted by the police on the 20th and the 21st, I had to wonder why? How? Were they watching her? If they were it doesn't seem it was to offer her protection. Did they see her as more of a troublemaker than a citizen?

On its face these statistics, three missing people in six months, seems troubling. In a town of 9300 could that be a coincidence? I was glad to see that volunteers were out searching on Saturday. Maybe the community is taking note if they hadn't been already.

https://shar.es/1pOViP

Maybe Michelle likes to hang out in that area around the car wash as part of her routine and that is why LE is positive they noticed her. Rainbow colored clothing is hard to miss :).

I am curious as to why she was out of phone contact for those two days....was her phone stolen or lost? Still, you would think she would have been able to borrow a phone and call her loved ones.

We had an incident near by in a small town where there was a lovely man who would blow bubbles on the side of the road and greet the cars that passed by. He was in his 30's but had the mind and heart of someone much much younger. For years he did this-then one day some of the teens in town looking for trouble decided to jump him, beat him and spill all of his bubble making stuff into the streets. He retreated into the woods in pain and fear. He was recovered, treated and I recently saw him out on the side of the road blowing bubbles once again.

One of the keys to this story is that one of the hoodlums is the nephew of a well known officer in the area. The issue was dealt with privately and never made the news.

Stuttgart seems to be a dangerous place if you are vulnerable.

Is it common practice in Stuttgart to do one or two searches at best and that's the end of the effort? No up to date news coverage and no statements from le.
Almost if not exactly like cassie comptons case.

Is it common practice in Stuttgart to do one or two searches at best and that's the end of the effort? No up to date news coverage and no statements from le.
Almost if not exactly like cassie comptons case.
Maybe if we dangle plates of donuts... okay, for real. The difference with Cassie's case is the FBI came in. Yet, still no searches. Hmmmm

You know Michelle, your mother would be worried about you. If you're out there somewhere voluntarily you better give her a call. Better yet, come home.

Good luck, family. Stuttgart PD don't want to be bothered with missing persons.

Good for them! I'm glad that are getting loud and making noise. Sweeping yet another missing person under the rug is not helping. These people need to be found. Where is Michelle? Where is Cassie? What IS LE doing to find them?
The news article says 3 missing people, does anyone know who that may be? I haven't found that information yet.

I must have missed it the first time I read the newest update. They considered Miranda a runaway. At 40. You've got to be kidding me! Is that the blanket classification when someone goes for a walk with the just the clothes on their back and a phone?

They issued a silver alert for Miranda, so why would they do that if they considered her a runaway? They didn't issue an amber alert for Cassie but thought she was a runaway.

Either AR needs to change their laws or someone needs to take over the three cases. Jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back