GUILTY AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, found deceased, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST* #2

The various accounts are confusing. Did Sydney die of blunt force trauma from being hit by his truck?
Since there is no mention in the affidavit of QL inflicting blunt force trauma, it seems that SS sustained the deadly injuries when she was rammed with his vehicle.

I suppose the question now turns to if QL turned his vehicle around and intentionally ran SS down or if he actually hit her and turned his vehicle around after he realized he struck an individual.

This entire account makes me sick.

MOO

Jackson County authorities search for missing woman

View attachment 261611

•blonde hair
•is about 5′3″ or 5′4″
•seen wearing a white tank top and black athletic shorts.
She was seen jogging off Highway 18 between Newport and Grubbs around 3 p.m., going west.

Her vehicle and other personal items were still at her home. Authorities are concerned about her safety due to weather conditions as well as the time she has been missing.

Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co, went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

Thread #1

Interesting, another woman, 5'3, very petite. Same size, similar to "Mollie Tibbetts" who was also 5'3". I wonder if men are more likely to attack smaller women?

It appears my guess is exactly what he did. He hit her with his vehicle. I hope she didn’t suffer.

Suspect rammed Arkansas jogger Sydney Sutherland with his truck: Affidavit
The suspected killer of Sydney Sutherland admitted ramming the Arkansas nurse with his pickup truck as she was out jogging, then loading her into the vehicle and driving to a remote area, recently filed court documents say, as reported by Arkansas Online.
So it was on purpose - he’s despicable
JMO
Also, thank you everyone who kept her media thread updated

Since there is no mention in the affidavit of QL inflicting blunt force trauma, it seems that SS sustained the deadly injuries when she was rammed with his vehicle.

I suppose the question now turns to if QL turned his vehicle around and intentionally ran SS down or if he actually hit her and turned his vehicle around after he realized he struck an individual.

MOO
I’m wondering if this is “new testimony” or if QL confessed this early on? Since early sheriff’s report said QL’s truck did not hit her, no evidence etc., I’m wondering if this is a new set-up for defense. “He accidentally hit her, she died, he panicked, tried to hide the tragedy by burying her...” Of course he’d still have to answer when prosecution asks him about the rape. Maybe this is how the QL defense team will try to get out of DP or LWOP. All conjecture- just puzzled by conflicting reports.

I’m wondering if this is “new testimony” or if QL confessed this early on? Since early sheriff’s report said QL’s truck did not hit her, no evidence etc., I’m wondering if this is a new set-up for defense. “He accidentally hit her, she died, he panicked, tried to hide the tragedy by burying her...” Of course he’d still have to answer when prosecution asks him about the rape. Maybe this is how the QL defense team will try to get out of DP or LWOP. All conjecture- just puzzled by conflicting reports.

I don't think this is new testimony. Actually, I believe the defense position has always been that this was a vehicular homicide and it was investigators that denied this as they were still investigating, did not have the Medical Examiners report, and delayed filing the affidavit until later.

I think two months later investigators did find evidence that QL did in fact hit Sydney with his truck as was earlier rumored. That certainly answers how QL was able to disable SS and load her into his vehicle and that he did not just grab her off the road -- threatening her with a weapon.

The only thing we know for certain is that QL did not call or seek aid for SS when she was injured and he did nothing to try and save her life. Just the opposite, he raped a helpless woman and buried her and will suffer the consequences for his horrific actions. MOO

MOO
I don't think this is new testimony. Actually, I believe the defense position has always been that this was a vehicular homicide and it was investigators that denied this as they were still investigating, did not have the Medical Examiners report, and delayed filing the affidavit until later.

I think two months later investigators did find evidence that QL did in fact hit Sydney with his truck as was earlier rumored. That certainly answers how QL was able to disable SS and load her into his vehicle and that he did not just grab her off the road -- threatening her with a weapon.

The only thing we know for certain is that QL did not call or seek aid for SS when she was injured and he did nothing to try and save her life. Just the opposite, he raped a helpless woman and buried her and will suffer the consequences for his horrific actions. MOO
Definitely a horrific attack. I have to believe intentional. Since he turned his truck around, he had to have known she was there, imo. Can’t imagine any jury believing this was just a tragic mistake & cover-up. I wonder if she heard the truck approach or if she was listening to music. Having flashbacks to MT & the killer “finding” her earbuds in his car later. Very glad this man will never see freedom again.

Details released in killing of jogger Sydney Sutherland

Oct 17, 2020

Creston Hutton, a senior special agent with the Arkansas State Police who investigated the case, wrote in the affidavit that Sutherland's body was located after a "consent search" of the suspect's phone. The "location services application" on Lewellyn's phone led to the area where Sutherland was buried, Hutton wrote.

"Sutherland's deceased body was located just a few yards from where the location services application indicated Lewellyn's location," the affidavit stated.

Lewellyn was read his Miranda rights and subsequently admitted to killing Sutherland, police said.

The suspect told investigators that he saw Sutherland jogging on County Road 41 South, more than a mile from her home, and then struck her with his pickup, according to the affidavit.

Lewellyn loaded her into the vehicle and drove her to a remote location, police said. That's where he raped and buried her, Hutton wrote.

The Arkansas State Crime Lab determined that Sutherland's death was a homicide. The affidavit did not reveal, specifically, how Sutherland died and Arkansas State Police spokesman Bill Sadler said he couldn't comment on the victim's manner of death.

Lewellyn is being held at the Randolph County jail in Pocahontas. Lucas said in September that Lewellyn was transferred from the Jackson County jail to a different jail 50 miles away for safety reasons.

ETA: Given that we were initially led to believe that there was no vehicle/pedestrian incident while authorities were still investigating, I think QL most likely told investigators that he turned the truck around after he hit SS meaning he backtracked to see what he hit. Not dismissing this horror as an accident as it's a fact that QL did nothing to save SS. He did not seek aid for his victim. QL instead took an injured woman to another location where he raped and buried her. I also think he has reason to fear for his safety. MOO

Last edited:
An affidavit usually contains what law enforcement believes to be the most compelling evidence to justify an arrest. Prosecution then further reviews the evidence to make a case for what actually happened and a judge or jury determines if it is true beyond a reasonable doubt.

So yes, it's likely that the affidavit would contain the suspect's own admission above what is suggested by evidence presuming that admission is enough to justify arrest and prosecution.

I’m not a legal person but could the affidavit tells what the suspect told investigators, but still may not tell what the investigation showed to be truth?

I believe the affidavit of probable cause for the arrest of QL is the most accurate account put forth by the investigators and prosecutor for which they filed murder charges and hope to prove in court beyond a reasonable doubt.

I believe the earlier reports by authorities prior to the affidavit were based on preliminary information pending testing evidence -- including that SS was hit by a vehicle which had previously been denied by the Sheriff as late as QL's initial court appearance. (If I recall correctly, it was QL that first put forth he hit SS with his vehicle, and LE denied this to be accurate).

MOO

If he did in fact hit her with his car it shouldn’t be hard for police to find evidence to prove it one way or another... if they don’t have it already of course.

Trying to reconcile affidavit with previous media including: 8/24 testimony by ASP that QL saw SS running, and turned his truck around; and the 8/20 statement by Sheriff that they were confident she was not struck by a vehicle.

Jurnee Taylor@_JurneeTaylor

Replying to
@_JurneeTaylor
Sheriff Lucas says after finding her phone, they are confident that she was not hit by a car b/c of lack of evidence As far as abduction, he says “we have a 25-year-old young lady out there somewhere & we are not ruling anything out. We’re not going to leave anything unturned.”

7:06 PM · Aug 20, 2020 from Arkansas, USA

Jurnee Taylor@_JurneeTaylor

Replying to
@_JurneeTaylor
An ASP agent has took the stand. He says Lewellyn admitted to seeing Sutherland walking on CR 41. He then turned around and abducted her. He took her to farmland and sexually assaulted her then buried her body.

12:07 PM · Aug 24, 2020 from Newport, AR

It seems to me that somewhere between 8/20 when Sheriff Lucas stated they were confident SS was not hit by a car because of lack of evidence, and 10/15 date of the affidavit, authorities found evidence that QL rammed SS with his truck.

Quake Lewellyn arraignment rescheduled until Oct. 29

Updated October 1 at 5:58 PM

NEWPORT, Ark. (KAIT/KARK) - A Jonesboro man accused of capital murder, kidnapping and rape of a Jackson County woman earlier this year will now appear in court Oct. 29.

According to content partner KARK, the arraignment for Quake Lewellyn was scheduled to happen Thursday but was rescheduled.

Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas told KARK that work on the case is ongoing.

“We’re just continuing to do our job and continuing to work and working with the prosecutors trying to get everything put together,” Lucas said.

Officials also want to make sure that every "T" is crossed and every "I" is dotted in the case, Lucas said.

“Any case, not just this one but any case we work, we take our time to make sure everything is covered that needs covered and make sure we have all the information that we need,” Lucas said.

Officials said in August that the Arkansas State Medical Examiner’s office ruled that the cause of death was multiple blunt force injuries, with the manner of death being homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back