Attorney Files Motion To Block Testing

Yeah, I can understand the 'using it all up' theory, but if the Prosecution wants an air tight case, wouldn't they avoid doing that? It would give the defense a heavier arguement to exclude evidence in the case of a trial.
I'm wondering if he's going to claim the labs and police are framing Casey later on, and he was denied the chance to safeguard evidence before they gottheir mits on it.

They (LE) would make every effort to preserve evidence. But, for instance, if there was just one hair, or one with a root, and several tests were run on it, they may not be able to avoid destroying it.

IMO they need to get a more traditional game, like checkers or chess, and Baez needs to stop playing with Caylee's lost, precious life. He is beyond ridiculous !

They (JB's office) wants them to be consulted on where any material is sent for DNA testing....it will be denied.

The idea that Baez should have a say as to how the Sheriff's office does an investigation, is insane.

He might prevail on a motion to preserve the evidence so that defense can do their independant testing so as to create DUELING EXPERTS at trial.

But for Baez to run the Sheriff's show----Not going to happen!

Here's a quote from the above link, in case you didn't have a chance to read it.

Eyewitness News found reaction to the filing ranging from "it's a publicity stunt" to "it's ridiculous." Pne source close to the case said, "Baez needs to go back to law school."
end quote.

jmo

To me, it seems like the lawyer is running scared.....:chicken:
A few more nails and caseys future is sealed:behindbar

That's hilarious!!!! Next JB'll file a motion to stop all investigation that may incriminate his client! Maybe LE & the DA should run all investigations and searches by JB's office first--there may be places he doesn't want searched. The guy is an idiot. JMHO, of course.

I wouldn't read much into it.... just doing his job I assume ....

Well he can't stop the evidence in the the new theft charges or whatever the new charges that are coming forth soon, can he? lol I would like to see him deny she is a thief. Oh I forgot because she steals that does not make her a murderer. Please forgive me.

Attorney Files Motion To Block Testing Of More Evidence:

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez filed a motion Wednesday afternoon attempting to stop investigators from testing any more evidence in the case of missing girl Caylee Anthony.

For rest of article go to:
http://www.wftv.com/news/17440866/detail.html

What do we make of this??

Like I said LE does not have a case...she is going to be charged with child neglect and be free and rich...and famous...I bet we see here on TV as a guest sometimes..

Attorney Files Motion To Block Testing Of More Evidence:

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez filed a motion Wednesday afternoon attempting to stop investigators from testing any more evidence in the case of missing girl Caylee Anthony.

For rest of article go to:
http://www.wftv.com/news/17440866/detail.html

What do we make of this??

Someone's probably said this, but I'll say it again, does he know a lab that's better than the FBI's? Inquiring minds wanna know.

I wouldn't read much into it.... just doing his job I assume ....

You are too kind!

There are 2 kinds of motions in a criminal case, I think.

The boilerplate standard stuff, and then the creative stuff which cannot be spit off a computer. You know, they require actual thought and more than an overworked underpaid member of a staff, pushing a button.

I really doubt this motion falls in either category. I mean, C'Mon.

If I were a crime victim (been there) I cannot imagine the perpetrator's lawyer having a say in how the police examine evidence in the case.

There I am being interviewed for the police report and the cops have defense on the phone to do a conference call?

Jmho , Baez is out of control.

I think this has something to do with the defense having the right to independently test evidence. Sometimes a test will "use up" the evidence. If LE requests a test that will use up or destroy the evidence, the defense will ask for imput on where/what procedures will be used.

Agreed. If the judge doesn't deny this motion, perhaps he will appoint a neutral lab to do the testing. :confused:

So might she be going back to jail again soon????

Meanwhile, a source with the Orange County Sheriff's Department said that they are expecting to file some new check fraud-related charges against mother Casey Anthony within the next few days."

http://www.wesh.com/news/17438472/detail.html

You know, I am starting to think that JB is worried about the complete DNA of Caylee coming out. I never ascribed too much to this incest theory but it seems as if they are awfully worried about the complete DNA profile coming out. Which gives motive to Casey harming Caylee, and motive to a lot of the behaviors we have seen. Maybe not. I have a hard time even saying this but something is strange about the father of Caylee. Why would the gp's not be looking at the father of Caylee and the father's family in a case of abduction. They floated this father is dead theory that does not hold water..and have had NO interest in looking at Caylee's father. I would think that is one of the first places to look.

Tracy1,

Since the beginning of this thing my family, friends and a few others have told me I had an obsession about wanting to know the identity of Caylee's Bio Father.

To me it's not an obsession...it's a link, something, somehow, to a lot of what's going on.
Not sure how exactly, I just know in my gut there is something there where the Bio Father is concerned.
Way too much secrecy, way too many conflicting stories about BioDad dead, bioDad in the service, bioDad....well, you get my point. Something's amiss.

Like I said LE does not have a case...she is going to be charged with child neglect and be free and rich...and famous...I bet we see here on TV as a guest sometimes..

Well, is'nt bank fraud a federal offense? And doesnt forging checks fall under bank fraud? So she will need more than a million dollars for her story or pay preveiw just look at this.............

The Federal Bank Fraud Statute, 18 U.S.C. § 1344, provides as follows:

Whoever knowingly executes, or attempts to execute, a scheme or artifice-

(1) to defraud a financial institution; or (2) to obtain any of the moneys, funds, credits, assets, securities, or other property owned by, or under the custody or control of, a financial institution, by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises; shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.
:behindbar:behindbar

Sounds like KC/JB is scared-more testing and more results being revealed puts more nails in KC's coffin so to speak. Of course they want the testing stopped-KC wants to stay out of jail.
I find the entire fiasco of not knowing who Caylee's daddy is to be very strange. KC is a scammer and money grubber by nature-wouldn't she want child support money?? Just more things that make you scratch your head.

Bingo! I had the same exact though from the beginning.

What this just proves is more GUILT. If nothing to hide why appeal testing?
I dont know how Baez can sleep at night after spending days with someone like Casey. I would never want his job.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back