Attorney Files Motion To Block Testing

Someone's probably said this, but I'll say it again, does he know a lab that's better than the FBI's? Inquiring minds wanna know.

No, but he would have to remove his sphincterlodged cranium to know that.

My $$ is that he is filing it because LE is establishing paternity to establish a full DNA result on Caylee.

Finally, I can answer something! The forgery, check fraud and financial crimes are not federal charges. It's only a federal charge if your target of your fraud is a bank. She didn't target the banks - she targeted friends and family. The forgery is a felony, and each one is punishable separately, but realistically, she's not going to do much time for financial crimes. The courts can't sentence her to five years on each count of forgery just because everyone thinks she had something to do with Caylee's disappearance. She won't get any harsher sentence for forgery than anyone would for a first offense, which is likely less than a year.

Finally, I can answer something! The forgery, check fraud and financial crimes are not federal charges. It's only a federal charge if your target of your fraud is a bank. She didn't target the banks - she targeted friends and family. The forgery is a felony, and each one is punishable separately, but realistically, she's not going to do much time for financial crimes. The courts can't sentence her to five years on each count of forgery just because everyone thinks she had something to do with Caylee's disappearance. She won't get any harsher sentence for forgery than anyone would for a first offense, which is likely less than a year.

Great JOB newuser!
However, that you know of, she has not target a bank or federal entity, I am not sure that we wont see what the feds have after the fact. To do so now would wreak jurisdicational havoc and their is no upside.

There is a little point to this. LE is suppose to leave enough evidence product for the defense to test and if there is not enough evidence for the defense, LE is suppose to allow the defense to send one of their experts to watch the testing etc. The problem here is, LE has not charge CA with murder yet. I don't know how this affects the motion. I read on the other forum that the judge already ruled against Baez but I haven't seen that on the news site.

No, but he would to remove his sphincterlodged cranium to know that.

My $$ is that he is filing it because LE is establishing paternity to establish a full DNA result on Caylee.

Oh, I hope, I hope, I hope !! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I heard he got slapped already as well. That is true, but he gets squat until it is out of GJ or they file and he knows it. Again I say it is paternity related for Caylee.

On this
9/9/2008A DEF'S MOTION TO PRESERVE FORENSIC EVIDENCE AND FOR COURT TO CONSIDER ADDITIONAL TESTING
I think what is happening is that defense is allowed to have their own tests done. They are motioning that enough material is left that they can do this.

For example, we have not heard how much hair there is. If it is only a strand or two then there isn't much material for multiple DNA tests. So, defense is saying you can't do any more tests if there is not enough evidence left for me to do the same test also.

Attorney attempting to stop a murder investigation? OH puke! This is all so sick.

Tracy1,

Since the beginning of this thing my family, friends and a few others have told me I had an obsession about wanting to know the identity of Caylee's Bio Father.

To me it's not an obsession...it's a link, something, somehow, to a lot of what's going on.
Not sure how exactly, I just know in my gut there is something there where the Bio Father is concerned.
Way too much secrecy, way too many conflicting stories about BioDad dead, bioDad in the service, bioDad....well, you get my point. Something's amiss.

I agree. It's hard for me to believe that casey would not have wanted some money to help raise Caylee...and I just find their insistence that the father is dead to be half-hearted. Hopefully it will all come out.

Like I said LE does not have a case...she is going to be charged with child neglect and be free and rich...and famous...I bet we see here on TV as a guest sometimes..

How do you come to that conclusion based on the motion filed?

Attorney attempting to stop a murder investigation? OH puke! This is all so sick.

Can Biaz actually legally stop this though, since he is only her attorney for the current charges? Maybe this is why they are not charging her yet..I don't know anything about that kind of preceding s but it would seem that if she is not being charged with murder yet, then Biaz is not privileged to any evidence of forensics unless she is charged..Am I wrong about that?

Bahahaha! This just cracked me up! I will now nickname him Richard Cranium.

Ok.. Let me get this straight. He wants to put a hault to forensic testing? Hahahaha! That's what I thought I read! LOL

He has a right to cross examine the forensic examiners but what makes him qualified to conduct DNA and forensic testing better than the Feds? Or better yet, why doesn't he just ask the judge to call off the entire investigation while he's at it. His client just might be found guilty of premeditated murder if they keep doing their job.

Geez! This is the first time in my life I've ever heard something so bizarre.

[/rant off]

I'm sorry to be stupid but what forensics are required for the current charges of Child Neglect???

Nurse not lawyer.

I agree. It's hard for me to believe that casey would not have wanted some money to help raise Caylee...and I just find their insistence that the father is dead to be half-hearted. Hopefully it will all come out.

It could also be that she slept around so much that she really has no idea who the father is. So, instead of looking bad she names a dead man as the father.

That's somewhat true. However, when the bank is forced to refund a defrauded customer's funds (as I'm sure they did with the cashed check), the bank then becomes the victim, since they are 'out' the money in question.

Can Biaz actually legally stop this though, since he is only her attorney for the current charges? Maybe this is why they are not charging her yet..I don't know anything about that kind of preceding s but it would seem that if she is not being charged with murder yet, then Biaz is not privileged to any evidence of forensics unless she is charged..Am I wrong about that?

This is pretty similar to something that crossed my mind. Here is the question I wanted to ask, if anyone knows the answer:

Does JB have the right to file any motions at all with regard to an ongoing investigation in which his client has not been charged at all? Since the DNA and other forensic testing are all a part of what is clearly a homicide investigation (or however it's currently labeled, certainly a separate investigation from the cases she's been charged with), and his client is not even officially a suspect in that investigation (only called a "person of interest" at this point), let alone charged, I would think her attorney would technically have no right at all to even know about the evidence, let alone file motions about it. Sorry if that's a run-on sentence, but I hope it makes sense.

Am I wrong?

Then why is Bank of America even pressing charges then..why not just leave that up to Amy if they weren't the "target"? Ultimately who covers the overdraft of the account? I think that would be the bank...right? Maybe they weren't the target in the beginning but ultimately liability falls on their shoulders..

Just a reminder there was a motion to preserve the blood smaple of JO a short time ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back