Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew David Green has had his name splashed all over the internet. Dont be shy. You can say it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Ahh ok now I have put two & two together I read bout him the other day. Seems they have his DNA so it will be interesting to see if he is linked to other cases.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ahh ok now I have put two & two together I read bout him the other day. Seems they have his DNA so it will be interesting to see if he is linked to other cases.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Once a rapist there is a very high possibility he contiued to be a rapist. If he has trouble getting partners then he may have remained a rapist up until his arrest. It will probably depend on whether he was already a suspect in anothe case, if so he may have laid low. With DNA advances he looks doomed, im sure WAPOL are testing every rape kit and all the evidence from the many rapes throughout the years and just sitting back letting the computer find all the links to all the serial rapists and killers, i would assume once they know who you are and if you were a known rapist/killer then even more hits with DNA matching will come up over time. The problem is finding the person who matches the DNA like in the CSK case.

There could be a very real possibility that Bradley Edwards is only responsible for the murders of the victims we know of. The odds are there would have been a few other killers around during the lates 80s to late 90s so he may have stopped after Ciara Glennon due to lots of reasons eg. Family etc or just fear of being caught. Dennis Radar is not actually that different to most serial killers (despite what some have said) What people need to realise is just because some killers take a ' cooling off' period it doesnt mean its rare. If a serial killer reaches a certain number of victims the killing wont be anywhere near as satisfying as it use to be. So like sex you can get sick of it if you are exposed to too much of it. The cooling off period could last forever, but usually long enough to gain back the urge to reoffend. If this urge doesnt return then neither will the killer. Genuine relationships the serial killer has throughout his life can have a huge bearing on how that killer behaves or whether he will feel the need to reoffend. Because serial killers are the same intelligence as you and me they have reason and can make good judgement calls just like you and me. If they are a suspect they may never ever reoffend in some cases. If they have a happy fun relationship or partner that may be enough in life for the killer to be happy. Alot of males desire sex that is considered illegal in some middle eastern countries eg. Sodomy. However they will live there lives happy even when requiring this need and having no one to fulfill it. Now psychologically it is different but in lots of ways this analogy is actually very similar as these sexual urges can either be controlled or not. Most uncontrolled killers get caught straight away. People who think through there crimes may last alot longer.

Dennis Rader's undoing was asking the cops if a floppy disk could be traced back to him. I guess he didn't have Google. He may never had been caught if he was a geek. Very strange guy. He spruiked too much. Did himself in.

The term 'serial killings' means three or more killings (with exception to mass murderers). If the POI gets away with two killings is the terminology applicable?

serial killer
noun
noun: serial killer; plural noun: serial killers

a person who commits a series of murders, often with no apparent motive and typically following a characteristic, predictable behaviour pattern.

Dennis Rader's undoing was asking the cops if a floppy disk could be traced back to him. I guess he didn't have Google. He may never had been caught if he was a geek. Very strange guy. He spruiked too much. Did himself in.

The term 'serial killings' means three or more killings (with exception to mass murderers). If the POI gets away with two killings is the terminology applicable?

There is a debate that 'serial' only applies after a small cooling off period of around 1 month between kills. This is usually the little detail that ultimately defines if the media will run with 'serial killer'.

I don't think journalists were fooled. They speak to police. Journalism just milked him to sell papers. But I wont be surprised if he had some knowledge of the case.

(modsnip)

is a bit more tech savvy than you think. said something about using HAM radio when he was young, so he knows a little bit about electronics. Maybe he thought someone would never be found.
People say they are a lot of things on the net, but they aren't.
It'll be good to see this case roll out. Those that have their theories vested online with some permanency will have their theories tested.

All that 'crazy talk' will be reconciled although it may not be brought forward as evidence, some aspects will become more evident.

Eventually the whole case will be analysed thoroughly once everyone knows more about what has been going on.

Millions of questions to ask, maybe now just wait till many of them might be answered.
I am very excited to have my profile and theory tested. I have advocated Blitz attack from the beginning. Mocked the CSK as nothing more than a pathetic serial rapist targetting tiny woman. And often debated whether he may have comitted the crimes under the influence of an amphetamine, such as speed, meth, or even something similar to a large dose of dexies. He may have been meticulous in some ways, but he was very very lucky in others. The case was a disaster, they had DNA from Karrakatta and couldnt even make the link despite it being a full scale abduction. He left DNA on Ciara and got complacent. He also left his DNA at what we think may have been his very first crime. He was everything I expected him to be and i still believe he will be shown to be just another serial rapist that killed a few woman to hide his identity. Just think about some of the worlds unknown serial killers. The East Area rapist/ Original Night Stalker springs to mind. That guy could run and shoot, jump walls, rape, kill, be undetectdd by animals, and would ring victims at will and harass them even with a full scale police investigation from multiple countys on his tail. Our CSK is a nobody in the scheme of things when it comes to serial killers and after he is locked away Bradley Edwards will probably be ignored by the media as there is nothing interesting about the guy and what he did.

I don't think the case was a disaster. DNA was not even a course at any of the local universities.
I think there is a reason police head hunted the people they did. Some of the POIs did themselves no favours in becoming targets.
At least one was exhibiting classic predatory behaviour in a big way.
We will see why the video was released so much later. I still think the video was kept under wraps so the perpetrator didn't get wind his ID might be exposed and run. Police must have been hoping to catch the perpetrator ont he road, on video.
Police are only interested in using the material that will put the right offender in prison. Any notoriety will be possibly shaken out the tree with the court evidence, if we get to see 'all' of it.
At the time, there was a truck load of rumours going around. Its all a bit blurry now, but police were locked down in the information getting out. Ill be interested to see if the information I heard off officers is of some accuracy.
We are not allowed to talk about rumour no matter how much integrity the source had been. Which is fine.
It will be great to get more info as court evidence comes out.
Ive been told that police have withheld their information to ensure they have their man. I was surprised at the time that in some cases people come forward confessing but it turns out, its not them.

I am very excited to have my profile and theory tested. I have advocated Blitz attack from the beginning. Mocked the CSK as nothing more than a pathetic serial rapist targetting tiny woman. And often debated whether he may have comitted the crimes under the influence of an amphetamine, such as speed, meth, or even something similar to a large dose of dexies. He may have been meticulous in some ways, but he was very very lucky in others. The case was a disaster, they had DNA from Karrakatta and couldnt even make the link despite it being a full scale abduction. He left DNA on Ciara and got complacent. He also left his DNA at what we think may have been his very first crime. He was everything I expected him to be and i still believe he will be shown to be just another serial rapist that killed a few woman to hide his identity. Just think about some of the worlds unknown serial killers. The East Area rapist/ Original Night Stalker springs to mind. That guy could run and shoot, jump walls, rape, kill, be undetectdd by animals, and would ring victims at will and harass them even with a full scale police investigation from multiple countys on his tail. Our CSK is a nobody in the scheme of things when it comes to serial killers and after he is locked away Bradley Edwards will probably be ignored by the media as there is nothing interesting about the guy and what he did.

I guess we will have to wait and see what mines the alleged may have worked on as a contractor on loan from Telstra?

With the word of privatisation of Telstra around 1995, many workers would have been under the impression they were going to be retrenched. Many long term employees worried about future employment. PM John Howard wouldn't have been a popular guy down the depot.

I guess we will have to wait and see what mines the alleged may have worked on as a contractor on loan from Telstra?

With the word of privatisation of Telstra around 1995, many workers would have been under the impression they were going to be retrenched. Many long term employees worried about future employment. PM John Howard wouldn't have been a popular guy down the depot.

I went to school with two brothers who's dad worked for Telstra. They both got apprenticeships and/or jobs there after finishing school. So much nepotism. If they worked harder at school that option would have been a failsafe for them. A right of passage just like POI. No wonder he is lazy. Everything handed to him on a plate. I wonder if he ever had a job interview in his whole life. We're still chopping away on his CV...

I went to school with two brothers who's dad worked for Telstra. They both got apprenticeships and/or jobs there after finishing school. So much nepotism. If they worked harder at school that option would have been a failsafe for them. A right of passage just like POI. No wonder he is lazy. Everything handed to him on a plate. I wonder if he ever had a job interview in his whole life. We're still chopping away on his CV...
As a former Telecom/Telstra employee, I agree!!

Tend to agree BRE most likely a rapist who murdered his victims to prevent ID. KK was hooded, and she got away. The kimono was probably grabbed off the line to be used to cover Huntingdale victim's face, then thrown away. I also agree the WA police back in the day were pretty easily stumped. BRE could probably have taken minimal precautions and not be detected, hence it was the DNA which apparently has now linked him

On the other hand, these days are very professional. Just take a look at the Daniel Morcombe investigation. That was outstanding.

As a former Telecom/Telstra employee, I agree!!

When did Telstra move from analogue to digital records for stuff like job logs?

As you say with the Morecombe case WAPOL went to great lengths to catch that crab. There has also been talk of WAPOL being freed up to look at GR case because they have suspect in custody. I would have thought the opposite. So much tracking to do now. Where was he stalking potential victims after Claremont? What assets did he have at his disposal?

Tend to agree BRE most likely a rapist who murdered his victims to prevent ID. KK was hooded, and she got away. The kimono was probably grabbed off the line to be used to cover Huntingdale victim's face, then thrown away. I also agree the WA police back in the day were pretty easily stumped. BRE could probably have taken minimal precautions and not be detected, hence it was the DNA which apparently has now linked him

On the other hand, these days are very professional. Just take a look at the Daniel Morcombe investigation. That was outstanding.

On 14 March 1997, Ciara Glennon, a 27-year-old lawyer, disappeared from the Claremont area. Her body was found on 3 April, near a track in scrub off Pipidinny Road in Eglinton, a northern suburb of Perth.[2] After this murder police confirmed that they were searching for a serial killer. *BBM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claremont_serial_murders

I think it could be highly likely you both are right. I also see him as being a rapist who killed his victims. And I see nothing spectacularly genius in his planning or the locations of the dump sites. Further more, I see the failure in the police cold casing KK after what I think was a short period of time and the attack certainly deserved more time than they gave it. Then failing to recognising the attack was a precursor to other attacks in the area.

Daniel Morcombe parents put their whole lives into keeping that case alive. It was excellent police work in the end that closed the case. Would it still be a cold case if the parents didn't fight tooth and nail to keep the case in the public eye?

Long time reader - first time poster. I lived in Thornlie/Gosnells area within 1km of BRE. The police were alerted late at night when a man's hands were "inside" the window of my sisters bedroom - both my brother and sister saw "and froze" the flyscreen was off. Siblings ran to my Mum who let our big dog out - who was inside at the time "to sic the guy" - the bloke jumped the 6ft fence and Mum screamed "dog will get you next time". Police came and did "nothing" - said it was a peeping Tom and he'd be long gone ! This was after 1984 and before 1989. Wish they had taken fingerprints or something! We also think we had a Kimono. It's been asked previously our thoughts upon seeing BRE photo "my first impression was I know him" ? I never forget a face but, to date cannot work out from where. I did however, catch the 882 bus daily from Gosnells to the CBD and back at 10pm some nights! It has also been asked which way to Claremont - and from Huntingdale we would go - Spencer Rd, Nicholson Rd, Albany Hwy, Shepperton Road, and round Riverside Drive to Mounts Bay Rd - Stirling Hwy. I too have always wondered about K.Turner's murder - it was a shocking time to always be anxious about "rapists" etc. out there - all "unsolved" :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare