Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie poster here. This case has piqued my interest - so many variables and so much that we arent being told. Misdirection? Lots of really interesting discussion. Never got the creepy feeling from footage of husband that i did with Baden clay. This husband looks resigned and has possibly been through this before.

The police have said (Inspector S?) something to the effect of "we usually have some lead, something to go off, we don't have it with this case"

Most crime scenes would have something that has been overlooked/left behind.

Here, it is the Mary Celeste. No evidence. No leads.

To me - she's gone to ground. Phoenix. Just my gut feel. Again, nothing to back it up.

Are they telling her (in public broadcasts) that they dont know where she is? Ie relax.....hoping she will then make contact/error ?

Or the inflammatory information re alcohol use - to draw her out? To defend herself? She likes justice and has strong views.....hard to switch off that part of yourself even when in distress.

(Suicides in women - often meds + alcohol in remote location where wont be found for a while)

Oooo. Maybe.....

Newbie poster here. This case has piqued my interest - so many variables and so much that we arent being told. Misdirection? Lots of really interesting discussion. Never got the creepy feeling from footage of husband that i did with Baden clay. This husband looks resigned and has possibly been through this before.

The police have said (Inspector S?) something to the effect of "we usually have some lead, something to go off, we don't have it with this case"

Most crime scenes would have something that has been overlooked/left behind.

Here, it is the Mary Celeste. No evidence. No leads.

To me - she's gone to ground. Phoenix. Just my gut feel. Again, nothing to back it up.

Are they telling her (in public broadcasts) that they dont know where she is? Ie relax.....hoping she will then make contact/error ?

Or the inflammatory information re alcohol use - to draw her out? To defend herself? She likes justice and has strong views.....hard to switch off that part of yourself even when in distress.

(Suicides in women - often meds + alcohol in remote location where wont be found for a while)

I agree, I got the feeling that he was genuine in his media plea, almost a little exasperated. As in "here we go again" . Could be way off the mark but that was the feeling I got . Let's hope she is found safe and well.

I'm a dummy. I just don't get what the fuss is about here? could someone please explain please? Is one of these her neighbour or something?

One wonders what is meant by "happened years ago".

I just wanted to add that I think possibly the whole "marathon woman" has been maybe taken out of context by the media. She may have run a few as a hobby that could be attained to many. My husband included ! Runs two in 5 years but certainly no Olympic athlete although his fb page has plenty of photos of him doing this .just a thought

I just wanted to add that I think possibly the whole "marathon woman" has been maybe taken out of context by the media. She may have run a few as a hobby that could attained to many. My husband included ! Runs two in 5 years but certainly no Olympic athlete ! just a thought

My hubby did one marathon years ago. Still brags about it [emoji15][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this can be taken to mean than Elisa has gone AWOL in the past.
This ties in with the statement in the press about seeking time alone before:
Mrs Curry has experienced some personal struggles in recent years but friends said she appeared to be in “good spirits” over the weekend.
She had previously sought time alone, but police were considering her disappearance to be out of character.

My hubby did one marathon years ago. Still brags about it [emoji15][emoji23]

Same with mine, came at back of pack but thought he was DeCostello !

Would a person suffering from depression - if that is the case - go to ground or harm herself and leave her young children dangling? With so many questions and no finalised outcome?

Genuine question, as I cannot see a mother doing this to her little ones. Not an intelligent woman who appears to care about many things, according to her published comments and interactions.

She may have done similar years ago, but perhaps before children.

Surely there would be a note somewhere, or a journal for her children. Something to tell them how much she loves them, to do good with their lives, to know she will always be with them in their hearts. Is a depressed person so self-focused that they would not consider the lasting ramifications on their children, of disappearing or harming themselves and not being found?

I agree, I got the feeling that he was genuine in his media plea, almost a little exasperated. As in "here we go again" . Could be way off the mark but that was the feeling I got . Let's hope she is found safe and well.

I agree with you about the hubby except I felt like he was stunned, confused what to do - as in
" it's serious this time " I feel the "out there" statement could be made by someone private speaking to TV land in a moment of shock ? If that makes sense at all. If the police have prompted things like we need you to do an appeal ask her to come home if she's out there somewhere. In shock it may have been said literal. I hope we are not wrong here. And she's having some time out.

I'm a dummy. I just don't get what the fuss is about here? could someone please explain please? Is one of these her neighbour or something?
I think the "interest" was in the comment "it happened years ago, but that was the times of no social media coverage", and I *think* the commentor meant EC has gone AWOL previously, but it was prior to the advent of social media so we never knew about it, insinuating she has a history of disappearing?? This backs up other suggestions (worded slightly more eloquently) in earlier police/media articles, regarding EC having spent "time alone" in the past, etc.

I think this can be taken to mean than Elisa has gone AWOL in the past.
This ties in with the statement in the press about seeking time alone before:
Mrs Curry has experienced some personal struggles in recent years but friends said she appeared to be in “good spirits” over the weekend.
She had previously sought time alone, but police were considering her disappearance to be out of character.

I may be wrong, but I think JLZ was just being discreet in reply to iailwa.
(as, what you just wrote, is exactly how I read JLZ's post.) :)

I think the "interest" was in the comment "it happened years ago, but that was the times of no social media coverage", and I *think* the commentor meant EC has gone AWOL previously, but it was prior to the advent of social media so we never knew about it, insinuating she has a history of disappearing?? This backs up other suggestions (worded slightly more eloquently) in earlier police/media articles, regarding EC having spent "time alone" in the past, etc.

Well, social media has been around for a long time now. So, if this is the case, it must have been years and years ago. Possibly before her children were born.

FB was invented in 1997, introduced to Harvard students in 2004, became a massive social media tool by 2005. And before and during that, there was My Space.

Would a person suffering from depression - if that is the case - go to ground or harm herself and leave her young children dangling? With so many questions and no finalised outcome?

Genuine question, as I cannot see a mother doing this to her little ones. Not an intelligent woman who appears to care about many things, according to her published comments and interactions.

She may have done similar years ago, but perhaps before children.

Surely there would be a note somewhere, or a journal for her children. Something to tell them how much she loves them, to do good with their lives, to know she will always be with them in their hearts. Is a depressed person so self-focused that they would not consider the lasting ramifications on their children, of disappearing or harming themselves and not being found?

I think each person is different. I have lost someone very close. And a couple others. While I do not know that despair but My experience is their world is so dark - they think they are doing others a favour. It is hard to understand that depth of hell they are in and I still struggle to comprehend but having seen that darkness I do have a basic sense.
Of course that may not be the case here at all.

Genuine question, as I cannot see a mother doing this to her little ones.

Yes.

And men/fathers do it too.

Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt our hearts thinking about the impact however.

I think each person is different. I have lost someone very close. And a couple others. While I do not know that despair but My experience is their world is so dark - they think they are doing others a favour. It is hard to understand that depth of hell they are in and I still struggle to comprehend but having seen that darkness I do have a basic sense.
Of course that may not be the case here at all.

Yes, I understand that. And am so sorry that people can suffer like this.

I guess I don't understand leaving no supportive communication for the children, no loving words to sustain them ... even if a person does feel as though they are doing them a favour.

Surely, if Elisa had left such a thing(s), the search would have immediately been due to fear of an untimely death, with many Beyond Blue statements showing below all the articles.

Yes.

And men/fathers do it too.

Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt our hearts thinking about the impact however.

I realise men do it, too. I am just speaking of Elisa here. Not intending any exclusions.
My concern is for the little ones. No loving words left behind for them. No matter the 'favour' the person is doing to the world or themselves by leaving it.

I realise men do it, too. I am just speaking of Elisa here. Not intending any exclusions.
My concern is for the little ones. No loving words left behind for them. No matter the 'favour' the person is doing to the world or themselves by leaving it.

Didn't assume you intended exclusions, was just saying that yes - sometimes people leave nothing - as unfathomable as it seems.

I understand your concern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member