Australia Australia - Hayley Dodd, 17, Badgingarra WA, 29 Jul 1999 *retrial Guilty, manslaughter*

The MAKO site's page for Hayley:

The last article is interesting, re David McCartney and the alleged confession. The former prisoner making the report was released at time of report -- and two other people have said McCartney was involved..

http://www.mako.org.au/Hayley-Dodd-missing-teenager.html

Macartney was jailed for life in 2001 for the murder of Lalita Horsman, 27.
He had taped up her mouth, tied a plastic bag over her head and then sexually assaulted her in sand dunes near Geraldton, 430km north of Perth.
From 12 videos relating to the case, Macartney compiled and edited a tape containing the police crime scene footage of his victim's corpse being exhumed from a beachside grave.
He was entitled to the tapes because he is representing himself in an appeal against his conviction.
He sent copies to Margaret Dodd, the mother of missing teenager Hayley Dodd, to his legal advocate Brian Tennant and a NSW journalist.
It is understood Macartney may face criminal charges for showing the tapes to unauthorised people.

http://www.mako.org.au/ausnews356.html

A FB page for Hayley:

https://www.facebook.com/NEVERFORGOTTENHAYLEY?fref=nf

hayley dodd.jpg

They have evidence which places Hayley Dodd in the car he was using on the day of her dissapearence.
From his last victim, 31-year old woman he took earrings and kept them in his house.
And interesting reply: "She was not in the vehicle when I was driving." - It's like he's admitting that she was in that vehicle but he's not responsible.

I have a picture of Francis John Wark but there is a suppression order in Queensland so I don't want to post it. But, I can say that he looks very scary, strong man, bald and with huge beard.
So what makes him prime suspect in this case:
1. Item similar or belonging to Hayley Dodd was found in the car he was using on that day, or he had access to.
2. His home address, property he owned is situated on North West Road!
3. He was working in Moora hotel at the time, as far as I'm aware!
4. He sold property almost immedately after she dissapeared.
5. Has told neighbours that he has a lung cancer and that he's going to reunite with his family in Queensland.
6. And his last victim was abducted in similar circumstances, she was walking alone during the early morning

Well,yeah, he probably did it, but probable is not enough for conviction. In one interview even her mother Margaret admitted that she knew Wark but like nobody else at that time didn't know that he was a serial sex offender. Actually, she thought he was in the hospital when Hayley vanished!

I would like to add screenshots of her last movements

Untitled.jpg

She commenced her walk here around 11 a.m. on Thursday, 29th of July in 1999. It was a sunny winters day, on television there were reports about 13 dead Australians who lost their lives during canyoning in Interlaken - Switzerland. She was dropped off here by lady Margaret Johnson. She wasn't hitchhiking, her thumb was not up in the air and she wasn't holding a card.

Watthingara.jpg

Last official sighting here around 11:35 a.m. 8.5 kilometres further down the road from her starting point, just 35 minutes after. Time is not adding up, given the presumption that witnesses were correct. This is the downhill stretch of the road, she was seen on the side of the road rummaging through her packpack.

Mungedar.jpg

This is the place of most probable sighting at 1:20 p.m, some 12.5 kilometres further down the road from Hayley's starting point, very close to the farm where she was going. I would like to point out that as you can see from picture this is an open space area, that Telstra worker surely saw a girl, which given how rural this area is, had to be Hayley.

Hi I'm Kathleen O'Shea's daughter, my mother has been linked to Wark and I was wondering if anyone could help me with anything Wark related

Hi Kathleen.. I am glad you're here, and let me say how sorry I am about your Mum. I will do my best to dig up info on him, I am sure there's other Aussies here who would help. Has your Mum got her own thread? If not, we can make one for her.

Please do stick around. Things can go quiet on these cases at times, but people do care and we'd love your input. In fcat, you can become a 'verified insider' by contacting the moderators and letting them know you're connected to a case. This helps us know you're who you say you are, and the mods here can 100% be trusted with the process.

Can I post some court transcripts concerning Wark's last abduction and rape. Some details are very horrifying but you need to see that if you want an insight into his mind.

I wonder if Wark and Macartney knew each other..

And I wonder why on earth Macartney would send that video of poor Lalita's body being exhumed to Margaret Dodd.....

Can I post some court transcripts concerning Wark's last abduction and rape. Some details are very horrifying but you need to see that if you want an insight into his mind.

Have you got links to them? Offsite links are great for horrible content docs.. I think it'd be fine to post them as text if they are not under a copyright (like newspaper articles, we can only post 10% of text plus a link).

If the details are horrifying, it's good to post a big red warning before the text.

So he can draw attention and he did. Margaret and Raymond went there in jail numerous times and he told them that he knows someone who both killed Lalita Horsman and their daughter. Maybe he wanted to tell them about Wark. But, I don't think so, he used am as a tool, tried to convinced them that he's not guilty more than anything!

Macartney's whereabouts on the day Hayley vanished have never been established, though..

Some more info from Auscrimes:

http://www.auscrimes.com/the-hayley-dodd-disappearance/

Macartney is clearly a man with issues. He has tormented Hayley’s mother, Margaret, encouraging her to meet with him in prison on the premise of having information about Hayley. Yet he’s given nothing of use: He denied murdering either woman and tried to pin it on someone else.

To me, this kind of behaviour smacks of attention seeking and getting off on causing further stress to victims. Margaret has since cut off communications.

The prisoner who made the claims against Macartney had other information too, including:

- He found a file of newspaper clippings about Hayley and two articles stuck on the wall of Macartney’s Casuarina Prison cell while snooping when Macartney was in hospital in 2009.
– A photograph of Hayley’s mother, Margaret, was uncovered in Macartney’s cell with holes in her face that appeared to have been made with a pen. The word “*****” was scrawled above her name.
– He overheard Macartney discussing Hayley’s disappearance with at least two other inmates at the jail, each time recounting that he had been different distances from where Hayley was last sighted on the day she disappeared.

----

Macartney challenges DNA evidence:

Victim: Lalita Horsman

Crucial DNA evidence used to convict Robin David Macartney of the 1999 murder of Lalita Horsman at Greenough beach has been challenged by expert reports, according to a petition lodged with Attorney-General Michael Mischin in the convicted killer's bid for a fresh appeal.

Lawyer David McKenzie, representing Macartney in his plea for another appeal, said he believed there was a strong case for Mr Mischin to grant the prerogative writ of mercy on the basis of expert reports which contradicted forensic evidence in the 2001 trial.

Mr McKenzie said full reports on DNA evidence had not been available until after Macartney exhausted his appeal options when the High Court dismissed his application to challenge his conviction.

He said the latest expert report concluded that DNA found on Ms Horsman's breast did not belong to Macartney.

It also found that DNA on a singlet at the scene that was accepted to be Macartney's semen could not be proved to be sperm and almost anybody in the community would be identified as possibly contributing to the sample.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/18165461/greenough-killer-seeks-appeal/

Its possible that neither man was killing alone.

This was actually posted long time ago by Margaret Dodd, I do not own this document, this is just for the purpose of education!

1899657_712987352097949_6555229580771758929_o.jpg

"I ask(ed) him, 'What happened, how come they accused you of murdering Hayley?'," the former prisoner said in a statement.

"He said, 'I was accused of it because they accused me of killing the girl in Geraldton and they thought I killed Hayley before I killed her'. He said, 'But I do know where the body is because the person who killed her told me where her body is'.

"I said, 'That can't happen. I think you should tell the police where the body is so the mother can have closure to this'. He said, 'No, that would spoil my appeal'."

In the statement, the ex-prisoner said: "It troubled me what David said to me, no one would know where the body was unless he was the murderer, that's what I thought."

He said, while Macartney confessed to knowing where Hayley's remains were, he did not detail the location.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...-prisoner-claims/story-e6frg13u-1225936419185

.. so he didn't say he *actually* killed her, only that he knew who did, and where she was. And collected a creepy dossier and harassed poor Margaret.. what a sicko.

What I want to know is, was he ever in contact with Wark...

Well, yeah, that raises interesting questions in this case. They were both in Western Australia at that time. Hayley was abducted in July, Lalita Horsman killed in December of that year. Distance between Geraldton and Badgingarrra is roughly 220 km.

New witness for convicted killer

A CONVICTED murderer who sparked outrage when he showed fellow prison inmates a video of his victim's semi-naked body has produced a new witness he claims proves his innocence of the murder.

Robin David Macartney, 51, today wrapped up his appeal against his conviction for the murder of Lalita Horsman, 27, who was suffocated with a plastic bag and dumped in sand dunes north of Perth after she went missing in December 1999.

The key to Macartney's appeal - Perth woman Candice Kelly Gill - told the West Australian Court of Criminal Appeal today she was with Macartney for a short time on the night Ms Horsman was killed.

Ms Gill said in an affidavit tendered to the court that she had been with Macartney and his daughter at their house in Greenough, 400km north of Perth, on the day Ms Horsman was killed.

"That evening I took Mr McCartney (sic) a videotape for him to watch ... when I arrived, he was out the front of his house playing with his daughter," Ms Gill said in her affidavit.

Macartney, who has represented himself throughout his appeal, said Ms Gill came forward after suffering an attack of conscience.

One of Macartney's supporters, Brian Tennant, said outside the court that Ms Gill's evidence was crucial.

"She puts herself in the picture between 6pm and 7pm, at the time when Horsman is supposed to have disappeared," Mr Tennant said.

"It's up to the judges to accept it in the spirit it was given - I think there are a lot of questions to be answered, not just this evidence but the whole picture."

Macartney was convicted of Ms Horsman's murder following a judge only trial in September 2001.

He was sentenced to a minimum 14 years in jail.

Earlier this year, WA justice officials apologised to Ms Horsman's family after it was revealed Macartney had unsupervised access to a crime scene videotape, and had shown it to fellow prisoners and had sent copies out of the prison.

The revelation prompted prison authorities to seize more than 9000 videotapes from prisoners all over the state.

As well as Ms Gill's account, Macartney's appeal included claims he was not given a fair trial in Geraldton in 2001, because his lawyer at that trial consistently ignored instructions.

There was also doubt about DNA evidence found at the crime scene, Macartney said.

He also alleged that police could have planted the DNA from material taken from his home.

The appeal court quorum of three judges reserved its decision.

I think Wark has nothing to do with murder of Lalita Horsman, his MO is different. He was employed in Moora at that time. But, maybe, just maybe he was in contact with Macartney.

John Robert McConnell, the child rapist Wark was sharing his house with, had a thing for teenagers.

Court documents show McConnell served prison time in the 1990s for indecent dealings with a teenager. He was released from jail in May 1999 – two months before Hayley disappeared. He died in a quad bike crash in January 2013. He was 59-years-old.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...hayley-dodd-case/story-fnhocxo3-1226828175367

There are four main suspects actually with Francis John Wark being a prime one!
1. Francis John Wark for reasons already mentioned
2. John Robert McConnell - lived on same premises as Wark, occasionally, has conviction for indecent dealing with a teenager, released from jail two months before she dissapeared. But also according to some has a strong alibi, and he lived there just when he was not employed.
3. Robin David Macartney - allegedely confessed to the inmate that he knows where the body of Hayley is and knows who is responsible, and on one instance said that HE killed her because she wouldn't have sex with him. To date police is unable to pinpoint his whereabouts on that day. Inmate has also found a file of newspaper clippings about Hayley and two articles stuck on the wall of Macartney's Casuarina Prison cell while snooping when Macartney was in hospital in 2009. A photograph of Hayley's mother, Margaret, was uncovered in Macartney's cell with holes in her face that appeared to have been made with a pen. The word "*****" was scawled above her name. He overheard Macartney discussing Hayley's disappearance with at least two other inmates at the jail, each time recounting that he had been different distances from where Hayley was last sighted on the day she disappeared.
4. Bradley John Murdoch - unable to pinpoint his movements on that day and he's not speaking.

He overheard Macartney discussing Hayley's disappearance with at least two other inmates at the jail, each time recounting that he had been different distances from where Hayley was last sighted on the day she disappeared - this quote gives me goosebumps. I don't know how I missed this piece of information, this is actually from great importance. Macartney said that police has wrong informations about her last movements, and that I think is absolutely correct, SHE WAS FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD, SOME 4 KILOMETRES FURTHER! Thats why I think testimony of that inmate is valid, there's no way he would invent story like that! Macartney is somehow involved into Hayley's dissapearence, he is either our killer or Wark/Mcdonnell told him these informations.

This is really mindblowing.

Your english is extremely good :) you must have started learning it at a young age :)

Thank you very much! :) Actually, I live on the island where tourism is almost everything, so you have to be at least familiar with English, German and Italian. I would like to visit Australia one day, that will be awesome. I understand that you are personally involved in this case, you know Margaret? Do you remember that day when it happened? I have that feeling that they thought she was a runaway! If you find this questions to be to offensive or not appropriate, please forgive me!

P.S. That lady in avatar looks like Allison Baden Clay :(

It is alison baden clay. A lady on here drew the picture during the trial and some of us made it our display pic. I think they did think hayley was a run away at the very begining but they made a lot of assumptions. I know Margaret from Hayley's page. I've had some conversations with her. I just feel such immense sadness for the family. All they want is to bring her home and bury their child. Until then I don't think she can rest. She was on her way to a farm. She had received a lift from a truckie and another lady but was by no means actually hitch hiking at the time she actually went missing. The farm she was going to wasn't that far from where she was last seen. She was nearly there :(

Off topic. Froglady I've been meaning to tell you that I find it lovely that you still have that picture. I've been really slack and haven't gotten it to the memorial :(

I love the pic Oddsocks. I think you have a lovely talent. I really like when people put their time into something that can be remembered :) means more than just stuff :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back