Australia Australia - Hayley Dodd, 17, Badgingarra WA, 29 Jul 1999 *retrial Guilty, manslaughter*

I heard somewhere that the evil evil killer David Birnie helped Macartney copy that video.

wasn't the Seldom Seen property owner's son also at Wark's property at precisely the time that Hayley was dropped off on the corner by Mrs Johnston?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/26434745/move-in-hayley-dodd-case/

Move in Hayley Dodd case

Police have asked the Director of Public Prosecutions to decide if there is enough evidence for them to charge a convicted rapist with the 1999 murder of WA teenager Hayley Dodd.

I was so happy to wake up and read this this morning! This case has always felt like they had a pretty good idea who did it but have never had enough evidence. I hope this charge goes ahead as i think this is the culprit.

Figured I'd add a little more to this thread all this time later - seeing a warrants been issued today to charge Wark.

The info from Kraki that Mrs Johnston dropped Hayley off at corner Winjardie road at 11.00 am isn't correct.

It was about 10.25am that Hayley was dropped off by Ag Dept Worker Mrs Johnston. She got to Badgingarra with the yellow scania truck driver from Dongara around 10.15am

She went into the Badgy servo and bought chips and a bottle of water straight away and then phoned her travel partner Lisa in Dongara to say she had arrived safe to Badgy, she then phoned Hammonds farm to say she was walking to the farm from town and would be there sometime after lunch!.

She walked thru the small town of Badgy where Ag Dept Mrs Johnston offered her a lift.
It's only 5 mins to the corner of Winjardie road & the WAPOL timeline shows Mrs Johnston dropped her there at ~ 10.25.
Mrs Johnston gave her a pocket knife for the walk for her safety at the time.

Next, Wark didn't work at the Hotel in Moora either.

Wark had a job as gardiner / caretaker at the Badgy school, located across the road from his house, where he lived, on the corner of McNamarra road.

Yes Brad Hammond - (who Hayley was sweet on) had been at Warks house on the morning Hayley was dropped off.

However both he and McConnel have a rock solid alibi for the day! They were working together on a farm down McNamarra road, with a local farmer doing sheep work and repairing a tractor apparently. The farmer collected them both that morning from Warks house. The farmer preferred to collect his workers himself in his ute, coz it was hard work and backpackers had a tendency to shoot thru at lunch time if they had their own transport!.

This is why McConnels ute was left at Warks house for him to drive to Moora in that morning of 29.7.1999

So it seems both McConnel and Brad Hammond have iron clad alibi's.

<modsnip>

I could be wrong, this wouldn't be the first (or last) time most likely.

Good post Ian !!

Hayley Dodd murder: Warrant issued for arrest of man for 1999 murder of missing WA teen

We have forensic advances, we have people whose relationships may have deteriorated over time so in any cold case review you identify a number of opportunities which we will reinvestigate then follow up,&#8221; Mr Scanlan said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...-missing-wa-teen/story-fnj4anv2-1227368808146

Good morning,

Thank you for your email dated 25 May 2015. As with all information received by the Special Crime Squad/WA Police, the contents will be assessed and acted upon where deemed appropriate.

Kind regards

cid:image001.gif@01CC6408.8388AC30

K.C. Prins
Detective Inspector |Officer In Charge | Special Crime Squad
Hatch Building (Ground Floor) 144 Stirling Street Perth, 6000.

Can't do any more than let those in charge of the investigation know of my suspicions and the reasons for them.

Up to them, if they wish to check all the travel and banking records (or not)!.

Least I did my bit!.

New article thought I would post it here.

"The man accused of murdering a teenage hitchhiker 16 years ago says he had nothing to do with her disappearance and will not oppose his extradition from prison to face trial.

Police issued a warrant for Francis John Wark's arrest on Monday alleging he abducted Hayley Marie Dodd, 17, when she was hitchhiking in Badgingarra, 200km north of Perth, in July 1999.

The 59-year-old, who is serving 12 years in a Queensland jail for kidnapping and raping another hitchhiker, says he wants to return to Western Australia to clear his name, the West Australian reports.

His lawyer Darryl Ryan, of Chelmsford Legal, said the defence was 'I didn't do it'.

'He will plead not guilty and will defend the charges vigorously.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...7-year-old-s-disappearance.html#ixzz3bVwSZRHc

"Hayley Dodd's family pleads for answers ahead of Missing Persons Week"

http://www.mandurahmail.com.au/story/3222141/let-us-not-have-another-anniversary-without-knowing-hayley-dodds-family-pleads-for-answers/

Still struggling with the nightmare they were thrown into almost 16 years ago, mother Margaret Dodd is clinging to hope that her daughter will be found.

&#8220;Our emotions start to get high around at the end of June,&#8221; she said.

&#8220;Every year we think: &#8216;Let us not have another anniversary without knowing&#8217;.

&#8220;If she&#8217;s not found this year, it will be 16 years since she went missing.

&#8220;It will be an anniversary we&#8217;d rather not have.&#8221;

Nothing more???

Just reading, and I doubt it has relevance. And I don't see a connection.

Dodd is a derivative of Dod known by Germans as dead, a dod man is a point used in navigation ley lines, or so it says. A dod man is a sighting point in say surveying

Or short round or bald man in Celtic Irish? I couldn't find any relevance but it popped up in the internet garble

Taxi drivers and tow truck drivers in Badgy? Taxi driver non existent? How would they anyrate?

The only reason I make reference to Dodd being, dead man is that they were used to ascertain ley lines in the past for navigation.

Dodd is interpreted as dead. Hence other surnames like Doddman.

Obviously if the Claremont bodies lie @347 degrees, @90degs to Sarah Spiers abduction point on 347 Stirling hwy & Stirling, a line 77 degrees x 347km to Southern Cross. The fact the two bodies lie 90 degrees to this line may have some relevance.

Someone using a sextant in the past would use this point as a navigation tool. Who would know these old ley lines?

In 1988 , 1989 there was limited access to this type of data. Mostly people in industry would know this, especially the Stirling hwy reference.

No Google earth then. Someone would need navigation skills and secret knowledge of the associated secret past tracks

I dont know where Hayley was last seen. Heres the house searched, Im pretty sure based on news images

dodd-map.jpgdodd-tri-map.jpg

She was a farm hand. Who did she know? A shearer?

Vern Westbrook Walk
On the North West Road, between the
original Badgingarra town site and the
new town centre, is a 1.5-kilometre
heritage and wildflower walk. Explore
the banks along Hill River and follow
the footsteps of cattle drovers of a
century past.

north-south-stock-route.jpg

Wish they would hurry up with the extradition. I feel the family need something to happen soon. They have lived through this nightmare for too long..

They charged the man a few days ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/17/long-time-suspect-charged-with-missing-teenager-hayley-dodds

A man suspected of killing Western Australian teenager Hayley Dodd 16 years ago and sparking one of the state&#8217;s most high-profile missing person cases has been charged with her murder.

Francis John Wark arrived in Perth on Wednesday after being extradited from Queensland.

Wark has been accused of murdering 17-year-old Dodd, who went missing while hitchhiking near Badgingarra, 214km north of Perth, in 1999.

In a statement released on Thursday, WA police confirmed that detectives from the special crime squad had formally charged the 59-year-old with wilful murder. He has been remanded in custody in Perth&#8217;s Hakea prison and will appear in court on Monday.

New article re not guilty plea

"A convicted rapist who has been accused of murdering a 17-year-old girl in 1999 has pleaded not guilty during his first court appearance.

Francis John Wark, who was formally charged earlier this month over the suspected homicide of Hayley Dodd 16 years ago, pleaded not guilty to wilfully murdering the teenager when he faced Perth Magistrates Court on Monday.

The 59-year-old is accused of abducting Ms Dodd as she walked along the side of the road attempting to hitchhike in Badgingarra - about 200 kilometres north of Perth, according to the West Australian."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ot-guilty-court-appearance.html#ixzz3uw7cGRSx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back