Found Safe Australia - James, 3, Karli Rise, Yallingup, 19 Sept 2020

OK , I guess I just don't take random peoples posts on SM as gospel ;)

That's fair. I don't take them as gospel either. I also don't dismiss them out of hand when they have photographic evidence that they were there, and they didn't have very positive things to say. Certainly it's confirmed that it was hours into the day when SES canine search were offering their services via social media. They definitely should already have been there, no?

I truly hope it'll all be a moot point, the kid will be found very soon, and that'll be the end of it. Only TWT if things are being done right.

That's fair. I don't take them as gospel either. I also don't dismiss them out of hand when they have photographic evidence that they were there, and they didn't have very positive things to say. Certainly it's confirmed that it was hours into the day when SES canine search were offering their services via social media. They definitely should already have been there, no?

I truly hope it'll all be a moot point, the kid will be found very soon, and that'll be the end of it. Only TWT if things are being done right.

Yep hopefully a moot point.

It does take a while for things to ramp up. To get people to the area. To get the chopper and dogs in.

Mr Webb says dad was out searching at 9am when he came across him. No emergency services called in yet.

The police alert was posted 8 hours ago. Presuming that was about 9:30/10am WA time?

Comments I have seen say that by 1pm intensive official searches were happening. Likely smaller ones prior to that, I imagine.

IMO

Hopefully, if they have the skills, the indigenous will be utilised in the search. They often know their own natural landscapes like the back of their hands. IMO

FB says the locals are being moved away because James foot prints might be destroyed.
There are some concerning (IMO) comments on social media and on the local community page about how small the search area was for the first several hours of the search and that it wasn't widened or made into a proper grid search until halfway through the day.

Yes and volunteers were being moved on and away in fear of tracks being destroyed. (FB).
His boots would leave tracks but how long would those tracks last in heavy rain.

FB says the locals are being moved away because James foot prints might be destroyed.

Yes and volunteers were being moved on and away in fear of tracks being destroyed. (FB).
His boots would leave tracks but how long would those tracks last in heavy rain.
Also people trampling everywhere takes the scent away from the tracking dogs also( which are being used by the WA police)

'The family are devastated': Police vow to search into the night for missing 3-year-old as 'appalling' weather sweeps South West

A police helicopter, canine team and mounted unit have been deployed to help State Emergency Services volunteers and locals in the frantic search of bushland surrounding Karli Rise, near Indijup Beach in Yallingup, looking for young James O'Reilly.

'Jimmy' and his family from Perth were holidaying in the area when the three-year-old disappeared while playing outside the holiday home on Saturday morning

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...issing-in-the-south-west-20200919-p55x80.html

The weather had been "appalling", Inspector Voyez said, with the area battered by strong winds, rain, and even hail. Thunderstorms are forecast for the late afternoon and evening.

"The terrain around the holiday home is very thick, dense bush and very difficult for people to walk through ... however we will continue to search for little Jimmy until he is found," Inspector Voyez said.

https://twitter.com/SarahKateSteger

As nightfall nears here in Yallingup, the only sound louder than the gusts of wind & bouts of torrential rain is the shaking voice of 3yo Jimmy’s mum, as a prerecording of it plays over & over from a police drone above bushland from which the little boy went missing 10 hours ago

“Hi James it’s mummy, if you see something flying in the air above you and it’s got flashing red and blue lights you need to follow it okay, then you can find your way home,” the recording repeated.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307253781453660161 Video where you can hear his mum's message :(

South West District - WA Police Force

South West District - WA Police Force
3m
A quick reminder for local residents in the Yallingup and broader South West community regarding our land search operation in Yallingup.

Please do not enter the bush land search area as there are still operational police and State Emergency Service search teams deployed. Members of the public may inadvertently compromise the search activity by impacting on the scent trails the Police and SES dogs are trying to detect and follow.

We really do appreciate all the support provided by the community however it is important we balance that support with the need to maintain the effective use of Police and SES tracking dogs.

Please check back in on our original post for further updates on the search activity

https://twitter.com/SarahKateSteger

As nightfall nears here in Yallingup, the only sound louder than the gusts of wind & bouts of torrential rain is the shaking voice of 3yo Jimmy’s mum, as a prerecording of it plays over & over from a police drone above bushland from which the little boy went missing 10 hours ago

“Hi James it’s mummy, if you see something flying in the air above you and it’s got flashing red and blue lights you need to follow it okay, then you can find your way home,” the recording repeated.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307253781453660161 Video where you can hear his mum's message :(

How heartbreaking :(:(

AUNT:
"James is a very bright, curious and cheeky little boy and very much loved by his mum, dad and little brother"
"We are all hoping the little rat bag has just taken himself off for an adventure and he will be found safe and sound soon"

The search will continue for about another hour then a skeleton crew will take over for the night. It will ramp up again at first light tomorrow morning but there are serious concerns about his wellbeing due to the cold and wild weather down here.
His family want to thank everyone who has been involved in the search and is hoping that the little boy can be found soon.

(from your linked news video)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain
Back