GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch rooms are wonderful things. Just saw a photo shot I had not seen previously in the Herald Sun (hardcopy) dated September 27, 2012 front page. Jill is captured in a circular shot standing in front of the mannequin in the white dress. Her head is facing the camera and she is holding the phone to her ear. Obviously this is the phone call to her brother. So it happened before she crossed the doorway, then stopped again - probably awaiting a return call from her brother.
The alleged perpetrator appears to say something to her. She quickly looks up at him, then back down to her phone. It is possible he ordered her to turn it off. Then she reluctantly steps forward and moves off. All this time he is standing there on the left, his back to the wall, out of camera view; his shoe is visible at times and his face partially enters the camera vision at times.
My opinion.

Lunch rooms are wonderful things. Just saw a photo shot I had not seen previously in the Herald Sun (hardcopy) dated September 27, 2012 front page. Jill is captured in a circular shot standing in front of the mannequin in the white dress. Her head is facing the camera and she is holding the phone to her ear. Obviously this is the phone call to her brother. So it happened before she crossed the doorway, then stopped again - probably awaiting a return call from her brother.
The alleged perpetrator appears to say something to her. She quickly looks up at him, then back down to her phone. It is possible he ordered her to turn it off. Then she reluctantly steps forward and moves off. All this time he is standing there on the left, his back to the wall, out of camera view; his shoe is visible at times and his face partially enters the camera vision at times.
My opinion.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...rs-disappearance/story-fnat7jnn-1226482122518

My opinion.

How did you see all that in the hard copy? Is it a lot clearer than the newspaper page viewed online.

My opinion.

I never heard about this. Thanks for posting! Goes well with my theory about her saying "I'm worried I'm worried" to her brother during the phone call.

How did you see all that in the hard copy? Is it a lot clearer than the newspaper page viewed online.
Yes hardcopy was much clearer. Jill's head was encircled, so better defined. It was just sitting there among all the news papers and it struck me that I had not seen that shot before. [I tend to read online newspapers].

Thanks Amee. Its shot number 9 in this lot. Yes, its clearer. Also noticed something in shot number 4. Alleged perpetrator walks south, close to windows; appears to be holding something in his right hand down beside his pants. Looks like a gun again. My opinion only.

Beg to differ - I think that's just the fringing artifact again.

I really can't see somebody walking boldly down the street with a gun on view, or even waving one about. That would be no way to get somebody to follow him. The cops would be there in a flash.

On the other point - I wonder if the police ever found the other two people? The student-type with the shoulder/messenger style bag? And particularly important - the guy in the suit or jacket who turned to look at something that happened out of camera view. What he saw could be crucial. If he has come forward, then I suspect the alleged perp is toast. If he HASN'T come forward - then you'd have to ask yourself why not? What has he got to hide?

Thanks Amee. Its shot number 9 in this lot. Yes, its clearer. Also noticed something in shot number 4. Alleged perpetrator walks south, close to windows; appears to be holding something in his right hand down beside his pants. Looks like a gun again. My opinion only.

He def had something black in the right hand. It looks like a gun. Some people (who know a lot more than me) say it's just artefact when you look at zoomed in images but I'm not convinced. If it isn't a gun maybe it's black leather gloves. But the way he holds his right arm in that view when walking south is sus.

Beg to differ - I think that's just the fringing artifact again.

I really can't see somebody walking boldly down the street with a gun on view, or even waving one about. That would be no way to get somebody to follow him.

On the other point - I wonder if the police ever found the other two people? The student-type with the shoulder/messenger style bag? And particularly important - the guy in the suit or jacket who turned to look at something that happened out of camera view. What he saw could be crucial. If he has come forward, then I suspect the alleged perp is toast. If he HASN'T come forward - then you'd have to ask yourself why not? What has he got to hide?

Media has been very quiet about others in the footage, maybe they have come forward. Some of the media sites have taken the video down and only have stills now. The man who turned around is the one who saw something that made him turn to look back. Mind you, the one with the shoulder bag could have had the old earphones plugged in and was oblivious.

Yes hardcopy was much clearer. Jill's head was encircled, so better defined. It was just sitting there among all the news papers and it struck me that I had not seen that shot before. [I tend to read online newspapers].

It all makes sense in the context and brother saying he heard a male voice or voices in background may have been his nibs telling Jill to turn off phone.

It isn't visible to tell if she is holding a phone in shot 3 or 9 as what you are mistaking for her hand is the partial reflection of the shoulder of the dress on the mannequin. Compare photos and you can clearly see - use photshop if need be and this will prove it in and of it self - it is an identical image, only altered when she is in front of the glass due to light.

He also has no gun.

It can also be seen in the same footage that he gestures to her in a negative manner as if to refuse an offer of something. Considering she was a smoker I would bet she offered him a cigarette and he being a fitness freak, he gestured and declined.

That is what makes sense to me about the gesture he makes.

If this is the case, as I think it most likely, we can take from it that at this point in time she more than likely did not feel threatened by his presence. If she did she certainly would not be making offerings...one would think.

I think that report was, at the time, one of the subscription only links, which aren't allowed on WS. There was some angst about the Herald not releasing reports one Jill's case for all to see.

For anyone who hasn't already seen this -

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/it-could-have-been-me-20120929-26skp.html

A 23-YEAR-OLD woman was threatened to be killed only two blocks from where Jill Meagher was abducted, in uncannily similar circumstances.

Melbourne nurse Stacey Scaife went into Brunswick Police Station in December and asked if she could buy pepper spray to defend herself from a ''terrifying'' man who had approached her on two separate occasions in nearly exactly the same spot Ms Meagher was last seen alive.

The man crept up behind her on a dark side street wearing a black-hooded leather jacket, jeans and white shoes and told her he was going to strangle her with nunchucks while he ''wrenched'' black leather gloves.

Despite describing the threat to police and asking how she could defend herself in future, she said no details of the incident were recorded. At the time, Ms Scaife lived about 500 metres metres from Jill Meagher, 29, who was abducted in an opportunistic, random attack on Sydney Road just over a week ago.
:banghead::maddening:

Image is attached for future reference. This is the zoomed one, so a little grainy.

Attachments

• 136269-jill-meagher.jpg
    136269-jill-meagher.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 54
Hi all,
My first post on this forum. I might have missed it but I'm surprised no one has suggested AB may have had a knife. This seems like the obvious weapon to me and one that would make JM get in a car too. Awful thoughts I know.

Dansw,

that thought has crossed my mind quite a bit. it might explain how he was able to coerce her, might explain what appears to be furtive movements and possible object in hand in the CCTV and might explain the "horrific" details that the journos cannot reveal.

I also recall the night he was being questioned, a journo posting something about the police searching a field (for a weapon or other evidence?). This was before he took them to her remains.

And early MSM was suggestive that something the police saw when they arrested him made them suspect that Jill was deceased. Was this something that belonged to her? Or other forensic evidence? It was clear to me that she was gone hours before they actually said that he had confessed and took them to her.

Thanks Amee. Its photo shot number three on the page.

Very interesting. So the male voices heard by Jill's brother must have been AB as it looks like he was talking to her while she was on the phone - weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teaticket5217