Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

Homicide detectives now admit there is only a slim chance of finding Karen Chetcuti alive as the search continues.

The chances of finding missing mother-of-two Karen Chetcuti alive are fading, with the lead investigator in the search for the Victorian woman saying the situation is now "grave".

Detectives would like to speak to anyone who saw her or her red 2004 Citroen Sara, with registration XWC 149, any time after 7.20pm on Tuesday.

http://www.9news.com.au/?ocid=ninemsnnews

Karen Chetcuti's disappearance, now the subject of a homicide squad investigation

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/c...i-before-she-disappeared-20160115-gm75dm.html

I know it's not a surprise - but that's been confirmed.

So it's been reported that Police have spoken to Cardamone, does that make him a POI and therefore can be spoken about openly?

I can only state that he is certainly on my list of suspects!!

especially this bit from the Age report you put up there, H...

"Detectives said on Friday she had not been seen or heard from since she left the hotel at 7.20pm.

This is despite her neighbour Mr Cardamone claiming Ms Chetcuti had been at his property between 8.40pm and 9.15pm'

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/c...isappeared-20160115-gm75dm.html#ixzz3xNV0j7O5
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

True to form, he is claiming she was on his property because at some stage, the Vic Police are going to find DNA from her on his property and he is floating a reason for it's appearance there. . Reading his appeal from his other crime, he did the same thing. .

I'd like to know if she had been in the regular habit of going to his property to get tomatoes. Has she gone there alone at night previously to do so?

looks like a bit of a development happening...

the 'Age' has this headline, but the story is the same as has been printed earlier today.....

Missing mum: Police search for rapist
Missing Whorouly woman Karen Chetcuti.

Investigation into disappearance of a Karen Chetcuti takes a turn, with poice hunting man who last saw her, a convicted rapist.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/#ixzz3xOV4gsZu
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Yes he seems to have gone into hiding!

ETA - might be an update at midnight!!

Having left a witness behind in his previous venture into rape, who testified against him, and succeeded in having him imprisoned, it is reasonable to at least suggest that he , if he is the killer, wouldn't want to leave a witness alive this time... another 10 years, or maybe 15 at his age in the clink might be an unwelcome outlook.

Her body is somewhere in Whorouly or Myrtleford, I reckon. In a dam, in the Ovens River, in a farm shed, in a pine forest, in a drainage channel, in a vineyard, in a hop plantation, in a loosely dug grave under the tomato's.. somewhere close by.

Just plain sad and horrible.

He is officially a POI - so we can discuss him in depth!! He has a history of drug abuse according to the appeal of his past rape. Ice is a massive problem regardless of how sweet and small the community is!
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-16/police-continue-search-for-missing-victorian-mother/7092758

Since he is POI.... there are two landline numbers for his place of residence in Whorouly, .. one to an A and one to an M.. is he married? children?... lives with someone there??

There is several dams, paddocks and a river between Whorouly and Myrtleford.

If he drove Karen's car 20 Klm to Myrtleford, how did he get back?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 157

its the old Baden-Clay question again, ey, They'll...... if it's him, I reckon a relative in Myrtleford who lives near where the car was found burnt out, perhaps?..... not knowing why MC needed the lift, of course... it would be noteworthy if he got a local taxi... or rode a bike back.. that doesn't make a lot of sense, in the dark, he would be very obvious...

or an accomplice.. hard to imagine, really....

This is reminding me of Stephanie Scott & in that instance he had help to get back to his house...

So I guess I can post this now?
http://www.lawreform.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/A0077.pdf

Although I also found this...wonder who other 2 are?

There was no sign of Mr Cardamone on Saturday and his white ute remained in the driveway.

Fairfax Media was told on Saturday there may be at least three suspects being investigated over the disappearance.

http://www.theage.com.au/act-news/h...n-chetcuti-20160116-gm7bz2.html#ixzz3xPAbbnQZ

Ooh and It is understood another neighbour saw a white car leaving the Ms Chetcuti's home on Tuesday night, but it is unclear as to what time.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/c...isappeared-20160115-gm75dm.html#ixzz3xPG5iE19

And seriously! Who picks tomatoes at 9pm with a convicted rapist? Seriously??

its the old Baden-Clay question again, ey, They'll...... if it's him, I reckon a relative in Myrtleford who lives near where the car was found burnt out, perhaps?..... not knowing why MC needed the lift, of course... it would be noteworthy if he got a local taxi... or rode a bike back.. that doesn't make a lot of sense, in the dark, he would be very obvious...

or an accomplice.. hard to imagine, really....

Bloody Teflon Gerbil did a round trip. (His murder conviction must be returned)

In the murder of Stephanie Scott, Chucklehead Stamford walked a distance back to town after dumping Stephanie's vehicle and a few saw him along the road IIRC.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a mate or relo who lives around Myrtleford.
I imagine crims learn these tricks in prison.

I don't think she drove her own car anywhere.. she only took, or had it taken by her killer, the mobile phone.. her handbag, and the lights were on in the kitchen , which indicates at least after sunset, which is about 8.30pm... the light after that is a bit dim for indoors.. ....it is a rare woman who gets in her car without her handbag.

If the phone was taken... perhaps it was so because it has the killers message.. re ' come on over and pick some tomato's.'... or similar...... he doesn't say how he contacted her with this invitation. .. did he go over to her house?..

MC's previous crimes seem to be opportunistic..not a lot of planning and a fair bit of violence and then a whole lot of cunning denial... if he is the one for this crime, no reason to expect it to have any differing criteria... he would have known her kids were in town with their Dad... maybe he was at the Whorouly Pub and followed her up Whorouly Road to her home, and then nicked across the paddock to his place.....

how did he get back from the burning car location ???.. ... we'll find out!!..

It is difficult to imagine anyone picking tomato's at that time of night , a hot hot night, after a days work in town, (Wangaratta). ... there hasn't been any indication so far that she drank to excess at the pub, she probably had a counter tea, after all, the kids were not at home, and she wouldn't need tomato's either, because it's just her at home , and only at night. I call BS on that idea.

And for sure, she would know he was a convicted and imprisoned rapist, plus a few other things as well. Those kind of secrets are not kept in small towns, and she had access to the court records at Wangaratta ( which has Supreme court sittings , it's on the Regional and Rural circuit) , she would know to the day how many times and how long he had been in prison. And what for.

It is difficult to imagine anyone picking tomato's at that time of night , a hot hot night, after a days work in town, (Wangaratta). ... there hasn't been any indication so far that she drank to excess at the pub, she probably had a counter tea, after all, the kids were not at home, and she wouldn't need tomato's either, because it's just her at home , and only at night. I call BS on that idea.

And for sure, she would know he was a convicted and imprisoned rapist, plus a few other things as well. Those kind of secrets are not kept in small towns, and she had access to the court records at Wangaratta ( which has Supreme court sittings , it's on the Regional and Rural circuit) , she would know to the day how many times and how long he had been in prison. And what for.

I could not stay living (and sharing a boundary) with this man after finding out though...especially with kids.

http://www.lawreform.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/A0077.pdf
"The applicant worked as a tobacco farmer with his parents near Myrtleford".

Those were the days when tobacco was grown around that area.. .. not any more.. the tobacco farmers of Myrtleford were forced to stop growing the stuff, and the sad fact was then realized that nothing much else could grow on soil that had previously had tobacco on it, due to the chemicals used in it's production. Some compensation was awarded, but certainly not as much as the farmers expected ... some moved away, and it appears from registers that there is no C family farm in Myrtleford these days... only the one at Whorouly. Perhaps his parents are deceased... perhaps there is a brother he shares this current property with, or perhaps a wife... don't know.... ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back