Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also kinda local to this, familar with the area. I also don't have a good feeling and believe foul play may be involved at the hands of her husband. I believe she is dead and hope her body is found soon.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Apparently Samuel Johnson is a family friend and will be on The Project tonight to talk about Karen.

"Mrs Ristevski's daughter Sarah..." Not his daughter?

Apparently Samuel Johnson is a family friend and will be on The Project tonight to talk about Karen.

Just watched it. No link yet. Samuel was very insistent that Karen wouldn't 'just run away' and that her disappearance was totally out of character. Saw the vision of the interview where Karen's husband was asked if he'd murdered Karen. I must say, it was poor form of the reporter to ask that question in front of Karen's daughter.

I actually live about 10 minutes away from this area. My son's fiancée and family live 2 minutes away (her father is also the local optometrist in the area), and they do not know of the family. My daughters boyfriend and family live 5 minutes away. Does anybody know what school the daughter may have attended?

I feel so, so sorry for her daughter.

The one whose acronym is a household item.

Missing Melbourne woman was murdered
Mr Ristevski, who was questioned by police and released without charge, was asked by a Channel 7 reporter in a press conference on Thursday if he had killed his wife.

Mr Ristevski, (Borce) arm-in-arm with his wife’s visibly distressed 21-year-old daughter, Sarah, did not answer. Ms Ristevski’s aunt Patricia interjected, saying Mr Ristevski was too distressed to speak.
http://24indianews.com/missing-melbourne-woman-murdered/

Missed that. Wonder if 'the aunt' is Karen's or her husband's?

I believe it's Karen's aunt.

What does it mean when they say Mrs. Ristevskis daughter & not their daughter?

Sorry about the article I shouldn't have linked it. It was the husbands brother. I'm not allowed to copy & paste the whole thing am l?

This article is very interesting
Security cameras did not catch missing mum Karen Ristevski leaving home

ANDREA HAMBLIN, Herald Sun
7 minutes ago
Subscriber only

SECURITY cameras at suspected murder victim Karen Ristevski’s house did not catch her leaving the property 16 days ago, and her neighbours say they did not see her on the morning she vanished.

As police widened their search, the Herald Sun can reveal detectives plan on Friday to focus their inquiries on a second location. Investigators hope a breakthrough in their investigation is imminent.

Detectives were confident they could determine a specific area in which to look for the Avondale Heights mother, 47, or her belongings, including a mobile phone and gold handbag.

Water Police search the Maribyrnong River from Canning Reserve in Avondale Heights through to Buckley St for any evidence of missing Avondale Heights woman Karen Ristevski. Picture: Eugene Hyland

Karen Ristevski was believed to be carrying a purse and handbag similar to these.

Karen Ristevski was believed to be carrying a purse and handbag similar to these.

Karen's husband Borce Ristevski and daughter Sarah speak to media. Picture: Eugene Hyland
Police sources confirmed they had spoken to people in the area, who had been unable to back up claims that Mrs Ristevski had walked from her home and failed to come back on June 29th.

No witnesses have come forward to say they saw her in the area that Wednesday.

The police focus during the past fortnight has largely been on the Maribyrnong River and bushland behind the family’s Oakley Drive home.

But police now believe there may be clues elsewhere.
<modsnip>

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...e/news-story/61c942286677a956b7736301c3a5dc2d

So there's another location!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 79
Maybe the police has decided to push this with the media at the same time they have found an area of interest, to really pile on the pressure. The look on her poor daughter's face is unbearable.

A young woman who walks dogs daily in the grassland told the Herald Sun yesterday a middle-aged man had accosted her twice in recent months.

The first time, she picked up her dog and the man said something about it being &#8220;nice and close to your breasts&#8221;. The second time he asked if he could walk with her.

She thinks the last time she saw him was three weeks ago, not long before Karen Ristevski disappeared. Just another thing for police to look into.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...e/news-story/66a153e8938c2760cb378ea683bd4c18

Maybe the police has decided to push this with the media at the same time they have found an area of interest, to really pile on the pressure. The look on her poor daughter's face is unbearable.
Yes it is...I feel for her.

Sent from my SCH-I545

I have been following this case with the hope she would be found safe and well, but the story is getting too similar to the Alison Bayden-Clay case :moo::banghead:

Facebook post claims missing Avondale Heights woman Karen Ristevski seen on Melbourne bus

Natalie Savino, Moonee Valley Leader
July 15, 2016 2:00pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/b3446e0a774361f2a1999d32241e10d2

POLICE say they can’t comment on social media reports Avondale Heights woman Karen Ristevski was seen boarding a Melbourne bus this morning.

A user posted on a Taylors Lakes neighbourhood watch Facebook page this morning: “Just teen (sic) hop on a bus in Grattan St. Crime stoppers has been informed.”

A Facebook post has hinted at a possible sighting of missing Avondale Heights woman Karen Ristevski. Source: Facebook.
The post was then shared on a Moonee Valley buy, swap and sell Facebook page.

Cops deny second man interviewed, after brother’s claim

July 12, 2016 4:18pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...i/news-story/74fc7cc627029a017ea3957f16733498

Vic Ristevski, Borce’s brother, arrived at the family home this afternoon with some food and said he understood police had also interviewed another man, also from Avondale Heights, following Karen’s disappearance.

“It’s terrible...We are all shocked,” he said.

“They have interviewed somebody else from Avondale Heights.”

But despite what Mr Ristevski said, Victoria Police said just one man had been interviewed after Mrs Ristevski’s disappearance at present.

Leonie Johnson, a Victoria Police spokeswoman, said: “Only one 52-year-old Avondale Heights man has been interviewed in relation to the investigation.”

I find it strange that the brother was under the impression a second man had been questioned and where (if anywhere at all) he got this information from? Could it be his brother Borce told him that not thinking he would alert media etc..and if so I wonder why. Well not really I have an idea as to why :mad:
Hope they can find some answers soon for her daughter and family. I don't have high hopes for a positive outcome but do feel positive whoever is responsible will be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24