Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm intrigued by the Angler's Tavern, especially in view of the most recent police search almost at its back door. And this search was instigated by a tip off from the public, a patron of the tavern perhaps. I'm wondering if Karen did in fact walk to the tavern to cool off and met with foul play from someone she had arranged to meet there or someone she inadvertently just happened to strike up a conversation with.

Yep. She could walk onto the main road and down past the back of Highpoint (Raleigh Rd) - it would take 30-40mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Westside_Sleuth. So a 30-40 minute walk would be enough time to blow off some steam and then call into the tavern for a cold drink and perhaps an early lunch. Just waste enough time to allow BR to also cool off. Unless she had planned to meet someone there (was that what the argument was really about...and I'm thinking AR here). Had BR forbidden AR to come to the house ever again and Karen arranged to meet him at the tavern to talk about his suicide threat?

It seems that the tavern opens at 11am daily, according to their website. (9am according to a website that reviewed them.) Has a bistro, pokies, beer garden, dining rooms.

I wonder if this is the closest or best out-of-the-way place to go, where she may not run into people she knew?

But, why wouldn't she take her car?

http://www.anglers-tavern.com.au/about
http://www.mietta.com/Australia/Victoria/MARIBYRNONG/Anglers_Tavern

Perhaps BR's or SR's car was blocking her exit. Maybe she just wanted to walk and not drive if she was in a foul mood. I really don't know. I'm just putting my thoughts out there. As I said the tavern intrigues me.

I get what you're saying Ozazure but perhaps Karen didn't pay full retail price for the shoes, bags etc. She worked in the rag trade and could have just as easily bought those things wholesale.

I agree. KR would not have paid full retail price for any merchandise stocked in her shop. Purchasing goods or services at wholesale prices is normal business practice. To whom KR may have passed on discounted and/or gifted merchandise is irrelevant IMO.

Yep. She could walk onto the main road and down past the back of Highpoint (Raleigh Rd) - it would take 30-40mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The quickest way to get to the Tavern utilizing main roads......she'd still probably use the trail at the end of her street heading through Canning Reserve to cut directly through to raleigh rd.

This is for Makara's answer....yes...she could use main roads...but some of it would still involve using the trail.

Either way...its about 4kms

Perhaps BR's or SR's car was blocking her exit. Maybe she just wanted to walk and not drive if she was in a foul mood. I really don't know. I'm just putting my thoughts out there. As I said the tavern intrigues me.

Appreciate your thoughts, Makara.

Hopefully, tavern CCTV has been able to assist police with their inquiries. It could even be where the tip came from about checking the river there.

We don't know what footwear Karen was wearing do we? Maybe we do and I missed it.
Just wondering what her abilities would be as far as walking goes.

2rfzyn8.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...fuse-to-reveal-suspects-missing-woman/7663652

We don't know what footwear Karen was wearing do we? Maybe we do and I missed it.
Just wondering what her abilities would be as far as walking goes.

2rfzyn8.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...fuse-to-reveal-suspects-missing-woman/7663652

No SA, oddly enough I don't think I've read what type of shoes Karen was wearing. As a woman who would have been on her feet all day, I'd say that she would have chosen flats instead of heels. I think she would have saved the dressy high heels for more formal occasions. IMO.

Well, it doesn't look as if it was raining on 29th June when Karen disappeared. The closest weather station is 5km away at Essendon Airport. It recorded no rainfall that day.
Just thinking of the 'walking away' thing again.

Not that I personally think that is what happened at this point in time. lol But I do think that the scenario Borce has given needs exploring from all angles, given the small amount of confirmed info out there.

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/...lyDataFile&p_startYear=&p_c=&p_stn_num=086038

Im not sure why Charlie Bezzina is saying this may end up a cold case....

It seems to have alot going for it to be solved based on the Geography of her home.

22nd July Stepson comes to the media with claims of family dysfunction.

26th July Police set up Caravan on Milleara Rd close to Buckley street Intersection

28th/29th River search in area near Anglers Tavern (3-4 kms from Karens home).

For BR to let Karen to wear the pants in their family is huge thing especially coming from Macedonian background.
( The article said that brother VR disapproved of it and their relationship was at strain). I believe that their families only come together for big occasions: like Sarah 21st.
But for Boris to let it he must of loved Karen unconditionally and trusted her 100 %. It's now proven that she wasn't good economist and my question would be: Why they waited so long to address problem especially Borce who had bad experience in loosing $600 000 with his brother. Was he blind or Karen was a good manipulator?
I now believe that she was manipulator especially after AR claims and Boris kick off his only son and sided by her side.
After reading that KR at one stage wanted to do a runner with her stepson I believe she is in hiding somewhere.
I ruled out suicide just because she manipulated all of them and for sure she knows that she could do it again.

I agree. KR would not have paid full retail price for any merchandise stocked in her shop. Purchasing goods or services at wholesale prices is normal business practice. To whom KR may have passed on discounted and/or gifted merchandise is irrelevant IMO.
The local Dfo in Essendon Fields has a coach store, always heavily discounted stock.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The area where their home is in a wedge.... a triangle of sorts...

There are only 13 roads out of their area to head to anywhere anyone wants to go.

13 may sound like a lot but its not in reality when all 13 roads lead to two very significant Main Roads.

Main Roads have shops, businesses, service stations......Cameras.

Failing that there is only the river itself...

or the walking trail..

attachment.php

Attachments

• alternative paths karen.png
    alternative paths karen.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 120
Ok, so I'm really thinking outside of the box here so please bear with me for a bit and I'm happy for everyone to poke holes in my latest theory. :blushing:

Below are a couple of screen grabs of the Angler's Tavern. (Source: Google Maps). The first image shows the tavern and the carpark to the right. There looks to be a grassy walking track between the carpark and the river. Would that lead back to Karen's house at Avondale Heights? I'm sorry but I don't know the area, I'm a Sydney girl.

The second image is a satellite view of the tavern, again showing the carpark and what I assume to be a walking track. The most recent police search was in this vicinity and down to the bridge, which is out of shot and below where the tavern is pictured.

As I put forward up thread, perhaps Karen walked to the tavern for a prearranged meeting or simply to rest and collect her thoughts for a while. She met with foul play at the tavern, either by getting into the car of the person she had planned to meet, thinking that they were going to drive her home. The second scenario is that on her way home on foot via the walking track she was grabbed by someone in the carpark and bundled into their car. Third scenario, Karen phoned BR asking him to pick her up from the tavern and it all went south from there.

Yes, I know it's almost a foregone conclusion that BR is responsible for Karen's disappearance and supposed murder and that may well be the case. But I keep thinking back to Jill Meagher. Everyone was pointing the finger at poor Tom Meagher, her beautiful husband. I knew immediately that he wasn't guilty. There was also talk of her male friend offering to share a taxi with Jill. There wasn't as much public interest placed on him, yet he was the last one (at that stage) to see her alive. By all accounts and purposes the public had deemed that Tom Meagher had murdered his wife. Shocking stuff!!

Anyway feel free to poke holes in this, my latest theory.

E7dalKd.jpg

OKTBZHx.jpg

Doesn't make sense not to take the car.
She needed to be at the shop that morning so she could have cooled off there.
Karen went missing the night before. IMO

It seems that the tavern opens at 11am daily, according to their website. (9am according to a website that reviewed them.) Has a bistro, pokies, beer garden, dining rooms.

I wonder if this is the closest or best out-of-the-way place to go, where she may not run into people she knew?

But, why wouldn't she take her car?

http://www.anglers-tavern.com.au/about
http://www.mietta.com/Australia/Victoria/MARIBYRNONG/Anglers_Tavern

Thank you Westside_Sleuth. So a 30-40 minute walk would be enough time to blow off some steam and then call into the tavern for a cold drink and perhaps an early lunch. Just waste enough time to allow BR to also cool off. Unless she had planned to meet someone there (was that what the argument was really about...and I'm thinking AR here). Had BR forbidden AR to come to the house ever again and Karen arranged to meet him at the tavern to talk about his suicide threat?

Concerns for her safety were raised when she didn’t arrive to work at the Bella Bleu boutique at Watergardens Town Centre in Taylors Lakes.
http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/missing-woman-karen-ristevski-details-28405

For BR to let Karen to wear the pants in their family is huge thing especially coming from Macedonian background.
( The article said that brother VR disapproved of it and their relationship was at strain). I believe that their families only come together for big occasions: like Sarah 21st.
But for Boris to let it he must of loved Karen unconditionally and trusted her 100 %. It's now proven that she wasn't good economist and my question would be: Why they waited so long to address problem especially Borce who had bad experience in loosing $600 000 with his brother. Was he blind or Karen was a good manipulator?
I now believe that she was manipulator especially after AR claims and Boris kick off his only son and sided by her side.
After reading that KR at one stage wanted to do a runner with her stepson I believe she is in hiding somewhere.
I ruled out suicide just because she manipulated all of them and for sure she knows that she could do it again.

Where to start...

There was no article that has ever said that V. Ristevski dissaproved of anything. A new poster to WS claimed that is what he/she heard.....so hearsay...not fact...not reported in Media.

It has not been prooven that she is a bad economist. ......as we have no information as to who actually managed the finacial side of the businesses. What is true is that they were co owners.

Karen was an investor in the company that bellied up...she lost $30,000 in that investment.
Borce, his brother and other family members also lost money propotianally in that investment.
The $600,000 loss distributed amongst however many people was 16 years ago.
Borce continues his business in Warrant Brands...a manufacturer and supplier of Mens wear and boys clothing.

The rest was your opinion. ....so thats cool...

Just wanted to clarify the parts that weren't prooven or written in any media.

Doesn't make sense not to take the car.
She needed to be at the shop that morning so she could have cooled off there.
Karen went missing the night before. IMO

Concerns for her safety were raised when she didn’t arrive to work at the Bella Bleu boutique at Watergardens Town Centre in Taylors Lakes.
http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/missing-woman-karen-ristevski-details-28405

But wasn't BR expecting her back? Isn't that what he stated? There hasn't been anything mentioned about him assuming that Karen had gone to the shop. Gawd. this gets so confusing with the little tidbits we've been fed from MSM and the police. :banghead:

Ok, so I'm really thinking outside of the box here so please bear with me for a bit and I'm happy for everyone to poke holes in my latest theory. :blushing:

Below are a couple of screen grabs of the Angler's Tavern. (Source: Google Maps). The first image shows the tavern and the carpark to the right. There looks to be a grassy walking track between the carpark and the river. Would that lead back to Karen's house at Avondale Heights? I'm sorry but I don't know the area, I'm a Sydney girl.

The second image is a satellite view of the tavern, again showing the carpark and what I assume to be a walking track. The most recent police search was in this vicinity and down to the bridge, which is out of shot and below where the tavern is pictured.

As I put forward up thread, perhaps Karen walked to the tavern for a prearranged meeting or simply to rest and collect her thoughts for a while. She met with foul play at the tavern, either by getting into the car of the person she had planned to meet, thinking that they were going to drive her home. The second scenario is that on her way home on foot via the walking track she was grabbed by someone in the carpark and bundled into their car. Third scenario, Karen phoned BR asking him to pick her up from the tavern and it all went south from there.

Yes, I know it's almost a foregone conclusion that BR is responsible for Karen's disappearance and supposed murder and that may well be the case. But I keep thinking back to Jill Meagher. Everyone was pointing the finger at poor Tom Meagher, her beautiful husband. I knew immediately that he wasn't guilty. There was also talk of her male friend offering to share a taxi with Jill. There wasn't as much public interest placed on him, yet he was the last one (at that stage) to see her alive. By all accounts and purposes the public had deemed that Tom Meagher had murdered his wife. Shocking stuff!!

Anyway feel free to poke holes in this, my latest theory.

E7dalKd.jpg

OKTBZHx.jpg

Ohhh why me...

Not poking holes simply for the sake of it .....

The Anglers is on the opposite side of the river from Karens house.....she would have to walk the trail, cross the bridge to get to the pub.

But yes I agree it is a possibility she walked there to met someone and met with foul play.

I dont agree its a forgone conclusion that it is BR is responsible.....simply for the reasons you gave yourself RE: Tom Meagher....everyone seemed to have him pegged as the person responsible.......and he wasn't like you said....

Ahhh don't get me started....I felt tremendous guilt for eyeing him off as responsible. ...****ing Bailey...peice of **** excrement excuse for a human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saucebat