Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

I was just thinking if the ATM was really used could it possibly have been used as an attempt to establish an alibi for somebody? ie. if the investigators when tracing Kylie's steps that day were led to believe that Kylie successfully withdrew cash at 12.30 in Packenham then that would have meant that her attack wasn't until later in the day potential creating an alibi for the attacker. If the cash withdrawal had've been successful this would have possibly led the investigators to believe that she was still alive at 12.30. I hope this makes sense. The person attempting withdrawal must have thought they knew the pin number and either their recollection was wrong or they were so stressed they mucked it up. Nobody would be stupid enough to think they had a chance of guessing a pin. Robbery still doesn't sit right, remember early on the police said their were items of value in the house that weren't taken.

As ever, you make some good points IMO :seeya:

No one would try to guess a pin....and what kind of person would hang around for TWO hours after murdering someone, trying their card??!

Whoever was trying the PIN thought they knew it. The only other thing I can think is that Kylie gave them an incorrect PIN number under duress :facepalm:. But even then, what kind of fool would go to the local ATM after killing someone???! Makes no sense.

But the attempted establishment of an alibi does make sense.

I hope we find out the truth. And soon!!!

The interview the detective at the end of that blog is interesting. I heard it on the radio earlier this morning. Police say that the purchase Kylie made that day hadn't shown up when they went back to the bank a week after her murder. Police discovered some time later and returned to the bank 8-9 weeks after her murder, by which time the transaction had shown up. The bank took another look and found the three attempted ATM transactions.

Thanks for that info, Brightbird :seeya:

bbm. Don't you think that's weird too?? Credit card purchases usually show up as paid after 3 days on our online bank accounts - and they show up immediately as pending, as soon as the purchase is made, on my online accounts. Why would it take so long to show up on bank records??

As ever, you make some good points IMO :seeya:

No one would try to guess a pin....and what kind of person would hang around for TWO hours after murdering someone, trying their card??!

Whoever was trying the PIN thought they knew it. The only other thing I can think is that Kylie gave them an incorrect PIN number under duress :facepalm:. But even then, what kind of fool would go to the local ATM after killing someone???! Makes no sense.

But the attempted establishment of an alibi does make sense.

I hope we find out the truth. And soon!!!

maybe there was another person who knew the PIN number... But intentionally gave this person the incorrect PIN number?

:waitasec:

Apparently a scream was heard approx 10-10.30 am the dog in the street behind went off his nut, yet they say she wasn't killed till after 12.30?? So what was going on in the morn??

Apparently a scream was heard approx 10-10.30 am the dog in the street behind went off his nut, yet they say she wasn't killed till after 12.30?? So what was going on in the morn??

Good point, Imaright. What WAS going on in the morning? I wonder if Kylie had a fight with somebody and it got out of hand.........

Do we know who heard a scream? Was it a neighbour? I can't remember details as not been focused on this case for a while......

Wasn't it reported that he left with a paper package under his arm?? Did it contain money not enough perhaps??

Wasn't it reported that he left with a paper package under his arm?? Did it contain money not enough perhaps??

Unless it contained his bloody clothes......If he cased the place and waited deliberately for Kylie to come home, it sounds like it was pre-planned and he was organised IMO>

And what about that whole weird thing early on in MSM where LE said that they got confused because there were two men wearing stripy hoodies in the area on the same day?? That's always struck me as odd. (shall find link)

:seeya:

Striped hoodie link from Sept 19th 2013:

Early inquiries into Ms Blackwood's death were hampered because two different men wearing striped tops were seen near the home on the day of the murder and police believed they were looking for one man.
The coincidence cost the investigation about two weeks, Sergeant Snare said.
The first man was ruled out as a suspect last month and the second has yet to be identified, despite an extensive doorknock.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...r-third-man-20130919-2u0e1.html#ixzz34IglqWvP

That same article also says:

A new person of interest, the third sought in relation to the investigation, was seen near the Eagle Drive shops wearing black pants and a black hoodie shortly after Ms Blackwood's death.

He is described as about 177 centimetres tall, of medium build, with a muscular torso.

Witnesses saw him walking along The Avenue from the direction of the Eagle Drive shops, possibly carrying a brown paper bag.
"This is a separate person again," said homicide squad Detective Senior Sergeant David Snare.

Hi all new member here.

I live in pakenham first of all and here's some of my input into this.

1. To get from mrs blackwood's house to Main Street you have to cross the Princes Highway which is a MAJOR highway and at that time of day you'd be crossing into a lotta traffic seeing as no get away car was seen or mentioned.

2. In regards to the hoodie it may have been removed whilst in the act then used to cover up any blood or trauma of the kind on the offenders t/shirt you'd think you wouldn't not be noticed otherwise.

3. Off the top of my head , there are three banks along the main road there and two of them are within 1-2 minutes and in direct sight of harcourts . The other bank the bendigo is at the corner at the top of the street heading back towards my place .

4. Just a bonus extra there I guess. I was working at the local pub there and done the wake and met a lotta people including her kids , husband and his work mates have to say though they were very controlled in grieving and I mean what do you say you know.!

Welcome, strange u say that. And yes princes hwy is busy around that time, I have an idea which bank if u go by where the reporter was standing

Welcome, strange u say that. And yes princes hwy is busy around that time, I have an idea which bank if u go by where the reporter was standing

Yeah it is pretty easy to tell where the bank is too. And which point I made was strange though ? I'm a bit confused lol

No neither and considering we had two murders in close proximity to each other as well.. LE think it's a local man . Bit scary thinking that.

Hi all new member here.

I live in pakenham first of all and here's some of my input into this.

1. To get from mrs blackwood's house to Main Street you have to cross the Princes Highway which is a MAJOR highway and at that time of day you'd be crossing into a lotta traffic seeing as no get away car was seen or mentioned.

2. In regards to the hoodie it may have been removed whilst in the act then used to cover up any blood or trauma of the kind on the offenders t/shirt you'd think you wouldn't not be noticed otherwise.

3. Off the top of my head , there are three banks along the main road there and two of them are within 1-2 minutes and in direct sight of harcourts . The other bank the bendigo is at the corner at the top of the street heading back towards my place .

4. Just a bonus extra there I guess. I was working at the local pub there and done the wake and met a lotta people including her kids , husband and his work mates have to say though they were very controlled in grieving and I mean what do you say you know.!

Welcome GregtheGrand!!

:welcome6:

Great to have a local onboard. And thanks for the insight into the wake :seeya:

Has there ever been a reward offered? Or a plea to find killer?

That's always stood out to me - why has no reward been offered? Why has no plea been made??

Are you a local too, Imaright? I can't remember :blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back