Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am picturing a full car being buried...

But.... maybe the car was dismantled... and the parts were buried?

Just a thought...

Good call! I've been thinking that too, you may well be onto something Clue :)

One of those media links said the occupant owned earth moving equipment. Maybe someone who can bury stuff just does it because they can with their earthmover.
I was once on holiday in NZ and the house next door was being renovated and we watched while they dug a big hole in the back yard with an earthmover and buried half the pulled down house. Couldn't believe it.

I wonder how long a white car would stay white when buried underground. Would it take years, or would it take months, for the duco to deteriorate and change colour from the soil, damp and organic matter?

And could they initially tell if it was a white car without a good power wash/clean, or a gentle clean with special fluids?

I'm just wondering if the black car parts are not actually from a black car.

One of those media links said the occupant owned earth moving equipment. Maybe someone who can bury stuff just does it because they can with their earthmover.
I was once on holiday in NZ and the house next door was being renovated and we watched while they dug a big hole in the back yard with an earthmover and buried half the pulled down house. Couldn't believe it.

Yes I can see that, maybe he wanted to get rid of the ute but also needed some landfill at the same time, so used the ute to fill the space he needed to fill.

I wonder how long a white car would stay white when buried underground. Would it take years, or would it take months, for the duco to deteriorate and change colour from the soil, damp and organic matter?

And could they initially tell if it was a white car without a good power wash/clean, or a gentle clean with special fluids?

I'm just wondering if the black car parts are not actually from a black car.

I would think it would take years, but if anything it would turn red because of the clay in the backyard that they are digging.

Yes I can see that, maybe he wanted to get rid of the ute but also needed some landfill at the same time, so used the ute to fill the space he needed to fill.

I can see that too. The Google shots of the house show it on very sloped ground. But the recent pics show how much building up and levelling they have done around the house over time. They would have needed some considerable amounts of fill to build those slopes up and make the ground more-usable flat ground (plus stabilise the house from shifting and cracking).

I thought I heard on Ch9 news tonight that the car body parts found today are in addition to the ute probably been buried there - so likely they threw other car body parts on top of the ute.

I saw Novy's friends on the report too - they are saying they need to stay strong because they want justice or answers. What a terrible situation to be in to pretty much be wishing for the body of your friend to be found. I think they've long realised that she is never coming home alive.

A lawyer for Dave Babbington, the male occupant of the Eden Park Court house, said police had found a vehicle in the backyard, but “it's not the one they're looking for”.

“They're basically at the moment still digging out the backyard. I understand they're looking for the body of Novy and a specific vehicle," lawyer Campbell MacCallum said.

"We did advise the police that we had knowledge of a vehicle being there but deny any involvement with anything to do with Novy Chardon.”

Mr MacCallum confirmed Mr Babbington was “an acquaintance” of Mrs Chardon's husband, John.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...n-search-for-novy-chardon-20140305-34787.html

Neighbours have said digging was going on at the property at night and a vehicle was put in a hole.
"I think burying a utility in the backyard by itself raises suspicions," the detective said.
"If you are going to bury it in the backyard you probably would do it at night."

"There was one time I know that there was a lot of work - it was just the same type of work in the same location that went on... for three days," the neighbour said.
"I kept thinking to myself how bizarre is that with a small excavator ... just in that one location for that solid three days.
"What would you be doing - just didn't even make sense?"

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/21824780...d-ute-in-search-for-missing-gold-coast-woman/

What I'd like to know is - what kind of idiot judge doesn't revoke the passport of a guy who has been found with illegal weapons and is charged with child sex offences, one of which includes rape???!!!!!!

What I'd like to know is - what kind of idiot judge doesn't revoke the passport of a guy who has been found with illegal weapons and is charged with child sex offences, one of which includes rape???!!!!!!

Could be a combination of a number of different reasons...

- Prosecution didn't ask for his passport to be surrendered.
- The court was of the opinion that international travel was essential in his line of work (which in turn provides for the children etc.).
- He voluntarily returned from abroad to answer questions in relation to Novy's disappearance.
- Lack of prior criminal history.
- Weak prosecution case.

Despite what we may think of his character, he is entitled to the presumption of bail and unless he a flight risk, and returning to face heavy scrutiny over a possible murder suggests that he probably isn't, ordering him to surrender his passport probably isn't necessary.

Even if he wanted to flee overseas it's not as easy as some may have you believe. Australia has extradition treaties with many countries and even if he was to flee to a country where no treaty exists, extradition is still a fairly straight forward matter. The days of doing a Ronnie Biggs are a thing of the past.

I wonder if he and John spoke and Dave mentioned the work he was doing and how he needed heaps of landfill and John got the idea in his that this was a chance to murder Novy and hide her body, say in the boot (trunk)? Oh no truck as it is a ute, inside it somewhere? Would be hard pressed for Dave not to know though. Unless say a seat was fiddled with and her body put under it. The mind wonders and ponders!

According to Channel 9 news, they are looking for the F Series Ute that was in the google maps picture shown previously in this forum, as a Ute of this description was seen near Novy's Volvo when it was dumped.
http://ninem.sn/kgfjwY

Also the ute that has been found appears to be a Nissan Navara D40.

YidDIkk.png

Picture for comparison:
K7710-JR300AU.jpg

I think that is unusual in itself, as it wouldn't appear to be an old vehicle. Even if the vehicle was written off or damaged in some way, it would still have some value to wreckers for parts.

Hi Nimrod

:welcome:

Here is another person who buried a ute. His reasons were insurance though.

A Queensland man buried his ute in an enormous hole in his backyard so he could pocket $18,000 in insurance money, a court has heard.

Police claim Martin John Dale used an excavator to bury his vehicle in his yard at Gordonvale, near Cairns.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...m-insurance-20130826-2sl6v.html#ixzz2v7nIpFAt

Hi Amee

Thanks for that example.

As soon as I saw the news last night and the type of vehicle that was buried, insurance fraud was the first thing to come to mind.

Fingers crossed they find the white ute today.

I wonder if the neighbours are just assuming that the buried ute was the one they saw sitting outside the house (and Google has in their streetview). I haven’t seen or heard anywhere that police have actually described what kind of ute they are looking for – just that it is a white ute that was seen near where Novy’s car was dumped.

It would be interesting to know if any of the Chardons or Inox Lubricants had a Nissan Navara at any point.

It would also be interesting to know where police got their info about the buried ute. I suspect it may not have been from the neighbours - but from someone who attended the secret star chamber hearings, and who hasn't appeared on camera or in the news - someone who was compelled to speak due to the nature of star chamber hearings, but did not actually want to speak up.

Suspicions that Mrs Chardon had been murdered and disposed of by up to three professional killers prompted police to raid a Mount Nathan home and dig up the backyard this week. It is understood police questioned a key figure in the case in the past few days.

Hours after they received fresh information about suspicious items buried deep in the backyard of the Eden Park Court home, owned by David Babbington and his partner Louise Winter, police were on the scene with an excavator.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...for-novy-chardon/story-fnj94idh-1226846554796

So Chardon may have known about Novy's divorce intentions before he was actually notified by Novy's lawyer. In fact, I think that somewhere way back in the thread there is a link that said they were going to get divorced, but that Chardon loved Novy ... and he still loves her. :rolleyes:

If the buried vehicle is a stolen vehicle, as has been mentioned as a possibility in MSM, it would point to a professional hit IMO. It seems that a professional would steal a vehicle for criminal activities, rather than use a vehicle that belongs to them or anyone else involved. And maybe someone gave this information up to police to save their own neck from some other charges that may be pending against them.

Bianca Stone ‏@Bianca_Stone 1m
Police will use a ground penetrating radar later today to try to uncover a white ute wanted over the disappearance of Novy Chardon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15