Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From link above:

--------Born in Brisbane in 1947 - his Indonesian-born wife is 31 years younger - Mr Chardon says he "hated school" and left at 17 to join the RAAF.

"But that only lasted three years, far too much authority for this fella," he says on his company website.

"Then for the next 20 years I worked in shearing sheds, droving, cook, mechanic, mining, drove semi-trailers and fixed the bloody things as well, made meat pies and had a pie cart, sold encyclopedias (that was a disaster just waiting to happen), laid turf, sold auto spares, life insurance, nuts and bolts, real estate, even sold black-market cigarettes."--------------

So Mr. Chardon works hard for his money and has great pride in his capacity to turn his hand to anything (that doesn't involve 'authority', apparently) - I wonder how he'd react to his young Asian wife divorcing him and potentially taking a large slice of everything he's built? I would predict: not very well.

I think the police are cautious about naming husbands as suspects to the media too early, without being seen to look at all scenarios. In WA Lloyd Rayney was named the 'prime and only suspect' when his wife's body was found in Kings Park and his lawyers used that as part of his defence.

The following quote is from an article written on the ABC News website -

"Prime and only suspect

Throughout the three-month trial, the integrity of the police investigation into Mrs Rayney's death was questioned and labelled "single-minded" and "biased".

A number of concerns were raised about the way in which police handled evidence.

The defence suggested that the seed pods, central to the prosecution's case, may have been planted in Mrs Rayney's hair by police after the court heard evidence from a forensic pathologist who said he didn't see them during his initial examination.

"The irresistible conclusion is that it might have been planted," Mr Edwardson said.

Mr Rayney wasn't charged with his wife's murder until December 2010, more than three years after she was killed.

However, as early as September 2007, he was publicly named by police as the "prime" and "only" suspect.

The comments from Senior Sergeant Jack Lee prompted the barrister to launch a defamation action, claiming he'd been "brought into public hatred, scandal, odium and contempt" and "shunned and avoided by right thinking members of the community".

I think the police are cautious about naming husbands as suspects to the media too early, without being seen to look at all scenarios. In WA Lloyd Rayney was named the 'prime and only suspect' when his wife's body was found in Kings Park and his lawyers used that as part of his defence.

The following quote is from an article written on the ABC News website -

"Prime and only suspect

Throughout the three-month trial, the integrity of the police investigation into Mrs Rayney's death was questioned and labelled "single-minded" and "biased".

A number of concerns were raised about the way in which police handled evidence.

The defence suggested that the seed pods, central to the prosecution's case, may have been planted in Mrs Rayney's hair by police after the court heard evidence from a forensic pathologist who said he didn't see them during his initial examination.

"The irresistible conclusion is that it might have been planted," Mr Edwardson said.

Mr Rayney wasn't charged with his wife's murder until December 2010, more than three years after she was killed.

However, as early as September 2007, he was publicly named by police as the "prime" and "only" suspect.

The comments from Senior Sergeant Jack Lee prompted the barrister to launch a defamation action, claiming he'd been "brought into public hatred, scandal, odium and contempt" and "shunned and avoided by right thinking members of the community".

I agree about the caution taken when naming suspects. Police have to be so careful with every word they say. The standard reply these days is "I can't comment on that". As was the case when police were asked about Allison Baden Clay's killer.

Supt Ainsworth said he could not comment on whether Mr Baden-Clay was a suspect and said "numerous" people of interest had been interviewed.

http://www.news.com.au/national-old...or-killer-begins/story-e6frfkvr-1226343136055

It's about time we had some news on this - she can't have completely disappeared! I wonder what her kids have been told - if at all yet! I wonder if they have asked to ring home and speak to Mummy

I haven't seen in any msm WHEN the husband is supposed to return from his "prebooked" trip - has anyone else seen anything mentioned anywhere??

Novy's husband John Chardon was the last person to have seen her alive.
John runs a lubricant company and is now in Indonesia with his children and made it clear he is in no hurry to come back.

Former homicide detective Bob Munz believes whether investigators declare it or not, he is a suspect.

“In most murders of a woman who is married, you would have to ask questions of the husband. Even if it was just a background check, and of course you would need his alibi himself, and you would need to either eliminate him or put him down with others as a suspect,” he says.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/lifestyle/safety/article/-/16169401/killers-on-the-loose/

This article was just posted today ... still doesn't seem as though there's a rush to return to Australia, perhaps put the children back in school, assist the police with their inquiries, straighten up the house after the police search (it did seem to worry him about the mess the police would leave) ......

Don't know if this is helpfull but have a look:

https://www.facebook.com/search/res...ype=eposts&init=quick&tas=0.12512009822192172

Translated - the link looks a bit sus, if it doesn't work use a translator:

http://translate.google.com/#auto/e...ng kompensasi/harta gono gini jika dibutuhkan.

That makes interesting reading! Possibly written in a regional dialect that Google Translate can't completely identify.
Do you think they mean .. may she be found safe ..? The comments below seem to translate to the situation as we currently know it, at least that seems the gist of them to me.

Good to see it's being talked about there now too.
Thanks for the links :)

That makes interesting reading! Possibly written in a regional dialect that Google Translate can't completely identify.
Do you think they mean .. may she be found safe ..? The comments below seem to translate to the situation as we currently know it, at least that seems the gist of them to me.

Good to see it's being talked about there now too.
Thanks for the links :)

It's hard to know what they mean with the translation, but seems to be along the same lines as our news.

News article in Indonesia:

http://news.detik.com/read/2013/02/...bikin-puisi-tentang-kepedihan-?991101mainnews

Strange Translation:

http://translate.google.com/#auto/en/

Can anyone translate better than Google??? Would be nice to have someone that spoke the language.

It's Indonesian on Google, best I've got translating the page.

Canberra - Australian police continue to investigate the disappearance of Novy Chardon , a woman from Surabaya who lives on the Gold Coast, Australia. In the eyes of his friends, 34-year-old woman looks like people are happy with their lives. Although apparently ark household with Australian businessman, John Chardon did not go smoothly. Novy has ever revealed his pain through poetry dipostingnya on his Facebook account a few months ago. " When I remember, I feel pain. When I feel pain, I cry . When I cry, I can not stop. Please do not leave me alone , "the poem is as reported by the Australian newspaper, The Sydney Morning Herald , Thursday (02/14/2013). Novy One friend, Maria Phillips said she Indonesia was apparently "happy with life here." It says Maria, Novy and relaxed type of person who likes hanging out with his friends. Novy has been missing since 6 February. Australian police have found the car near the train station Bowden Court, in the town of Nerang. Australian police have inquired her husband, Chardon currently in Indonesia for business purposes. According Brisbane Times, Chardon and Novy have agreed to divorce. It is not clear since when they decide to divorce. however Chardon admits she still loves a woman he knew in Indonesia many years ago it was. "I love her very much. I actually still love him," said Chardon. director of a company that claimed to be worried about the safety of Novy. "I do not want anything to happen to him," he said. (ita / NRL)

It's Indonesian on Google, best I've got translating the page.

Canberra - Australian police continue to investigate the disappearance of Novy Chardon , a woman from Surabaya who lives on the Gold Coast, Australia. In the eyes of his friends, 34-year-old woman looks like people are happy with their lives. Although apparently ark household with Australian businessman, John Chardon did not go smoothly. Novy has ever revealed his pain through poetry dipostingnya on his Facebook account a few months ago. " When I remember, I feel pain. When I feel pain, I cry . When I cry, I can not stop. Please do not leave me alone , "the poem is as reported by the Australian newspaper, The Sydney Morning Herald , Thursday (02/14/2013). Novy One friend, Maria Phillips said she Indonesia was apparently "happy with life here." It says Maria, Novy and relaxed type of person who likes hanging out with his friends. Novy has been missing since 6 February. Australian police have found the car near the train station Bowden Court, in the town of Nerang. Australian police have inquired her husband, Chardon currently in Indonesia for business purposes. According Brisbane Times, Chardon and Novy have agreed to divorce. It is not clear since when they decide to divorce. however Chardon admits she still loves a woman he knew in Indonesia many years ago it was. "I love her very much. I actually still love him," said Chardon. director of a company that claimed to be worried about the safety of Novy. "I do not want anything to happen to him," he said. (ita / NRL)

Thanks - my google translation said the Toilet made the last statement.:what:

I wonder what is going on with the search for Novy ... we've heard nothing more about the water searches or any more land searches ... are they still searching?

Assuming that police are accessing Novy's phone data from her telecomms provider, I wonder if they can do the same for her husband's phone data, do they have probable cause for that (if that is what they need ... privacy laws and all)?

It's interesting that there is nothing being released to the media at the moment. Obviously, they wouldn't have stopped investigating, so why the silence?

Perhaps to keep the husband cool, calm, and collected ... don't want him to disappear from sight. Wonder if they even have someone in Indonesia watching him now?

Her family contacted @michaelbesty on twitter yesterday. Expected nine to cover it but not so.

Her family contacted @michaelbesty on twitter yesterday. Expected nine to cover it but not so.

Looks as though he is in Jakarta, poised and ready for a story. Maybe something is going to break soon.

(..hoping ...hoping ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member