Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not invented. He met Lisa in the RAAF

Is that confirmed? I read in various newspapers that second wife was a flight attendant and met him when they both worked for the same company.

As the first wife was also reportedly a flight attendant I guess the media gets the histories confused about where they met.

Is that confirmed? I read in various newspapers that second wife was a flight attendant and met him when they both worked for the same company.

As the first wife was also reportedly a flight attendant I guess the media gets the histories confused about where they met.

The information is coming from a Verified Insider.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that others here are eluding to this already. The original escape route tells me for some reason there was an intended burial site beyond the Myrtleford Gate that was foiled. Potentially heading in the Abbeyard direction as that's presumably the easiest and fastest way out. Wouldn't imagine the plan would have been to transport them too much further towards civilization. And obviously this triggers alarms about the discovery of Sam Wilson.

Seems like quite a major change of plans to then transport them back through the valley and head to Dargo rather than just find somewhere else and get out of there...

My gut just tells me that these locations hold more significance.

In between other jobs
He worked in Sydney for 18 months while Lisa lived in Tasmania. Had an affair and lost his job because of it.
Then obtained work with air ambulance Australia in Victoria.
Lisa moved to Victoria and they bought in mt Macedon.
She then helped him get his job at Ansett through her contacts.
@Alicia__elizabeth I am so sorry for your lose with Lisa. GL seems to have caused chaos and destruction for many women. Is the person he had an affair with the same person that he left Lisa for? You mentioned he also had a child with a lady in SA- is that another woman again? Are these women known to be safe as it appears the woman he was seeing in Doha died in mysterious circumstances.

@Alicia__elizabeth I am so sorry for your lose with Lisa. GL seems to have caused chaos and destruction for many women. Is the person he had an affair with the same person that he left Lisa for? You mentioned he also had a child with a lady in SA- is that another woman again? Are these women known to be safe as it appears the woman he was seeing in Doha died in mysterious circumstances.
The affair I mentioned above was a different affair. Maybe late 1980's.
The lady he left Lisa for in '99 is the same lady he had a baby with. I don't know if she's safe, I hope so.

Just going back through posts (after following the video link) and I find the posts from Ramjet interesting, along with the responses from regular WSleuthers. :confused:
Probably best to move forwards (onwards and upwards!) but just noticed some things.. I’m not saying any more.

Lurker joining in for the first time after doing the same. I hope/wonder if LE have been lurking since the start...

I've always wanted to explore that area after growing up on the Tomorrow series, but I can't imagine I ever will unless it's in a very large group :confused:

I'm not sleeping tonight. :(

I'm so relieved closure and justice is in reach for loved ones, and I very much hope other matters are reexamined carefully.

the concrete fire pit at that site is only about 1.5m diameter so I don't think that would be big enough. assuming you are thinking the bodies were taken to the nearby fire pit for incineration. The heat of the tent fire I dont think would be enough to incinerate the bodies and leave no obvious human remains.
Edited to improve clarity.
Yes, I've unfortunately encountered cases where incineration took place and it was a long process with a very hot fire, the killer always took the bodies to a private/secure location.
I'm fairly certain that others here are eluding to this already. The original escape route tells me for some reason there was an intended burial site beyond the Myrtleford Gate that was foiled. Potentially heading in the Abbeyard direction as that's presumably the easiest and fastest way out. Wouldn't imagine the plan would have been to transport them too much further towards civilization. And obviously this triggers alarms about the discovery of Sam Wilson.

Seems like quite a major change of plans to then transport them back through the valley and head to Dargo rather than just find somewhere else and get out of there...

It occurs to me though, with that trailer he was towing, it seems possible he must have already been to the burial site, to go all that way and feel sure he wouldn't get stuck.

No, they have been sifting, tagging and bagging other items (possibly bone fragments imo).

The ring and dentures are a new unearthing.
I’d like to look at the info on the tagging and bagging etc. Where should I look for it?

And now, I see I’ve a post directly above this one with the same issue about sources. Oh well. I’m trying to catch up and am having a hard time figuring out what’s hearsay and what’s evidence. I don’t want to be inadvertently promulgating rumor.

Last edited:
I’m confused about what the source is for this info. Would you mind please referencing it?

It was referenced a few posts earlier. The source is an article in the Herald Sun:

It is alleged the remains were buried in a shallow grave under a rootball hole — a pit caused by a large tree falling over.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

It was referenced a few posts earlier. The source is an article in the Herald Sun:

It is alleged the remains were buried in a shallow grave under a rootball hole — a pit caused by a large tree falling over.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

okay. I guess I had no way to know that was the source. I’m not an Aussie.
I suppose that’s where the “article pics” are, too?
I’ve tried the link for the Herald Sun and I can’t get in there because it’s behind a paywall. I’m quite in the dark here.

I’d like to look at the info on the tagging and bagging etc. Where should I look for it?

I’m trying to catch up and am having a hard time figuring out what’s hearsay and what’s evidence. I don’t want to be inadvertently promulgating rumor.
All the stories have the same info from Monday when, IMO, Aust. Associated Press were taken to one of the sites where they were searching in this way, look for stories with a pic of a bulldozer.

Now that police have left, I imagine media have gone there and are looking to reconstruct what police might have found, and where.

If Herald is correct, it seems there might have been a main burial site that was compromised by wild animals. IMO, once forensics confirmed this, they could bring in the earth movers to sift the area quickly, as it wouldn't have been an action of the killer to put fragments in a particular spot.

ETA changed Tuesday to Monday as day remains were found.

Wasn’t there a local lady from Abbeyard way who went missing and has never been found? Have no idea if this is relevant at all, but the Abbeyard name on the map struck a chord.

I’ve tried the link for the Herald Sun and I can’t get in there because it’s behind a paywall. I’m quite in the dark here.

Yes, it's a pay-walled site. I am a subscriber so I can read the article. And yes there are numerous photos.

Great find DRT!

So Gregory Stuart Lynn (aged 19) appointed as a RAAF cadet officer in 1985 for a 10 year period. I wonder how long he lasted. I guess someone has a good timeline?
OK so he joined as an OC in 1985, perhaps with the goal of becoming a pilot. We know he didn’t start pilots course. It’s possible he didn’t last very long in the RAAF and then went on to do the Air Ambulance thing and get some hours so he could get into the airlines. Pure speculation.
I’m taking a punt and saying he joined Ansett in 89 after the pilots’ strike - airlines were pretty desperate for pilots at that time and didn’t look as closely at candidates as they did later on.

I did mean the tent fire. My assumption wasn't based on knowledge of the likely behaviour of fire at that campsite. I wondered if person hoped the tent fire would develop into a bush fire that completely consumed tent, bodies, vehicle and surrounding area but then moved the bodies when the fire didn't spread further.

the concrete fire pit at that site is only about 1.5m diameter so I don't think that would be big enough. assuming you are thinking the bodies were taken to the nearby fire pit for incineration. The heat of the tent fire I dont think would be enough to incinerate the bodies and leave no obvious human remains.
Edited to improve clarity.

I’m confused about what the source is for this info. Would you mind please referencing it? Like where is it alleged?

It is in the article linked in the post that I replied to. Tootsie gave a heads-up that it is a paywalled article.
If it wasn't paywalled, I would have copied and pasted right from the article, instead of paraphrasing.

az.JPG

Deceased/Not Found - Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

Last edited:
Not sure but I think so. I went through some of My photos and found one where he is smiling and I would say his teeth look too straight to be natural. This was taken in 2013 where the new concrete fire pit is now at the same camping spot in Wonnangatta
Hi Motomike
Thanks for posting that photo and your generousity in answering questions. Each photo and post you make, amplifies the terrible nature of this tragedy. But I can see you have a great bunch of mutually supportive blokes which is really important at any time but more so at times like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde