Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut, for what it is worth, which is really nothing, is that it was either Toyah or someone involved only because if I found a dog wandering I would take it home or the vet to make sure it got home
Yep true, though not everyone is as nice as you. I can’t imagine why she’d tie up her own dog; you’d think she’d have it under control behaviourally so wouldn’t need to. But we don’t know where it was tied up, I guess that’s also a factor. What if it was tied up near her car and maybe she was getting sand off etc before getting back into the car. That’s the only reason I could think of her doing it. (Having had big dogs myself I know how much of a mess they make!) ;)

Yep true, though not everyone is as nice as you. I can’t imagine why she’d tie up her own dog; you’d think she’d have it under control behaviourally so wouldn’t need to. But we don’t know where it was tied up, I guess that’s also a factor. What if it was tied up near her car and maybe she was getting sand off etc before getting back into the car. That’s the only reason I could think of her doing it. (Having had big dogs myself I know how much of a mess they make!) ;)

A while back in the thread I thought that perhaps she had to use the bathroom but there are none along that beach, that’s the only reason I attach my doggie to something. Bathroom/changerooms.

I’m looking outside the box & wondering if there was road rage involved.

'WHOSE HANDS WILL BLOOD BE ON IF SOMEONE IS KILLED?’

A WANGETTI resident has called on local Government to ‘stand up and show some leadership ’ before someone is killed on the Captain Cook Highway.

Scores of tourists continue to congregate at a set of balancing stones between Port Douglas and Cairns, with erratic driving near the site regularly reported.

'Whose hands will blood be on if someone is killed?’
only been through this beautiful part of the world once and yep there was an accident at a lookout spot blocking traffic both ways!( we missed the balancing rocks :confused: wondering now what else we missed :D)
gorgeous area.

Police said the 24-year-old was at Rusty's Market in Cairns between midday and 1:00pm on Sunday, before she was seen leaving in a blue Mitsubishi Lancer.

She then returned home briefly and travelled towards the Northern Beaches about 1:30pm.

Police said the car was spotted travelling through Clifton Beach just before 2:00pm and again at the southern carpark of Wangetti Beach.
Toyah Cordingley: Hundreds march in Reclaim the Night rally in Cairns - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
I am wondering if maybe she wasn’t killedat the beach ... the news report says she returned home After Rusty’s markets ....police are asking for webcam so maybe they think someone in th3 car with her or her car driven by someone else . women are usually killed by someone they know ...

I am wondering if maybe she wasn’t killedat the beach ... the news report says she returned home After Rusty’s markets ....police are asking for webcam so maybe they think someone in th3 car with her or her car driven by someone else . women are usually killed by someone they know ...
I wondered that also, they (police) seem quite sure she went there with her dog to walk though, perhaps they have confirmation from family that was where she was going.

A while back in the thread I thought that perhaps she had to use the bathroom but there are none along that beach, that’s the only reason I attach my doggie to something. Bathroom/changerooms.

These two buildings could be male & female toilets/change rooms.

Attachments

• CE986674-2842-400E-B154-82C8B1BF76C8.jpeg
    CE986674-2842-400E-B154-82C8B1BF76C8.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 16
If LE believe sweet Toyah’s murderer has injuries then maybe DNA was found, say, under her fingernails.

"Is there anyone they know who has unexplained injuries, anyone who has movements that can't be accounted for last Sunday and anyone who can't have their clothing accounted for?"
Police seek family seen on beach near where Toyah Cordingley was found

The parents of slain Queensland woman Toyah Corindgley found her dog alone on an isolated beach moments before her body was found in the nearby dunes.

As the hunt for the 24-year-old’s killer reaches its fourth day, her stepfather, Darren Gardiner has revealed that it was Ms Cordingley’s mother, Vanessa Gardiner, who found her dog on Wangetti Beach, north of Cairns.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/au....dog-beach-moments-body-spotted-021500850.html

In the video from this link the reporters state the police are looking for ‘personal items’
I wonder what this could be? She was said to be walking on the beach in her bikini and also there was no coverage but maybe she still had the phone with her anyway?

Last edited:
I wonder if the dog was tied up with Toyah’s lead, or something else? If the dog is friendly, getting it to run to you in the dunes and tying it up would be a way of enticing poor Toyah off the more visible front of the beach, into the dunes. Even if she knew someone had grabbed the dog, an animal lover would probably still run after it

I wonder if the dog was tied up with Toyah’s lead, or something else? If the dog is friendly, getting it to run to you in the dunes and tying it up would be a way of enticing poor Toyah off the more visible front of the beach, into the dunes. Even if she knew someone had grabbed the dog, an animal lover would probably still run after it

I wonder if she tied her dog up to go into the change rooms to shower?

Here are points of interest i put together on a map
Machans Beach and Holloways Beach are dog beaches.
The distance between one of the closest dog beaches in the area where Toyah worked and the last place she visited (Rusty Markets) to where she was found is 28km (17.4miles)

2149tg1.jpg

Dog off the lease locations in Cains
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1XiPeo3J5Q3xFnX8B3ZlDs2qJflM&ll=-16.836300499999986,145.73899630000005&z=12

Did anyone see this article? Pretty odd behaviour. It just came up in a google search. Wonder if LE has interviewed him?
Stories of perverts on beach where Toyah Cordingley was murdered

Although the 2 men changing a tyre are still weirder to me. Hope police find them to question

It comes as The Cairns Post published images of a man masturbating on Wangetti Beach in broad daylight.

A bystander, who took the photograph, said: 'After we took some photos, we noticed him down on the beach, he was butt naked, just flogging himself off.

'Then he just kind of jumped up in the air and ran into the bushes, and that was the last we saw of him.

'We hopped back in the car and mum goes, "I can't believe that man", then I realised, hang on a minute, I've actually got a photo of him.'

The image was taken on September 1, six weeks before Miss Cordingley, 24, was found dead on the same beach after an alleged sexually motivated attack.

Police told Daily Mail Australia that it was one of the many leads they were currently following up.

Public share stories of perverts on the same beach where Toyah Cordingley was murdered | Daily Mail Online

The problem with this is most people who fly into Cairns venture up that highway to see the beauty of Port Douglas and beyond to the Daintree. Dammit it could be tourist who has already flown out.

That was me & my family just last year. We hired a car & drove north to daintreee along this stretch. Was a plethora of camper vans everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$