Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the privacy laws vary from state to state or is it the same throughout?

I just don't understand why it's different for William?? This brings me back to the Caroline Overington article and podcast. Frustrating.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I wonder if we ever will know the circumstances regarding this case.

This is a genuine question....if your child was fostered out and then abducted...is there any law stopping YOU from speaking out??

Tia Leigh Palmer's mother has been speaking out, but I don't recall hearing her speak out while Tia was missing. Last I heard the qld government had ordered an urgent review into the way missing foster child cases are handled.

Stumbled on this last night, not sure if it's been posted before but once again highlights the issue of restrictions regarding foster children. No mention of bio parents rights except for a paragraph stating fps can't contact bio parents, even in an emergency.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...s/news-story/0bc47ce7fa11ad5a68b697979202a76d

Thanks for finding and posting this article Kyja. It is such a valuable insight and struck a chord for sure.

There is no room for a 'one size fits all' approach when it comes to our children, no matter what the situation of their care. The highest priority must be 'their care', and IMO, those in Positions of Power in this area MUST either Step Up to the responsibility, or give it (& their pay packet) over to those who are genuine in their convictions.

(Please don't misunderstand my comments. They are in no way directed at, nor minimising, the amazing contribution of those in our community who are working so diligently in this area - eg Denise & Bruce Morecambe, Hetty Johnston, and their support teams, along with many others)

However, how can they possibly do it all? I have great difficulty in accepting what (IMO), is our society's nonchalant approach to anything, other than that which effects us directly.

We are shocked & horrified for sure, we say all the right things, HOWEVER we still a
ALLOW it to happen.

I would be interested to know if I am alone in thinking that it is time for Change - in so many areas?

And if we don't demand it, who will?

Again only from my personal experience it depends . If the child is put under the director general till they are 18 . Then you lose all rights to said child and you also are not allowed to speak to media etc . I know of a family whos child is in care (totally seperate to my personal experience) their biological child who was under the director general had come in contact with a families sa pedophile the letter they received in no uncertain terms told them they were not allowed to go to the media or show anyone the letter etc . Luckily their child had limited contact with him and nothing happened

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thank you, but pardon my ignorance please .. Would you please explain about 'If the child is put under the director general till they are 18 "

Is this the 'lot' for all foster children, or only in certain situations?

Thank you, but pardon my ignorance please .. Would you please explain about 'If the child is put under the director general till they are 18 "

Is this the 'lot' for all foster children, or only in certain situations?
A child can be put under various sections . One is a section 28 where a child is placed into care for short term . 28 days . Then theres one thats a year . Then the last one is a director general where the state takes over full custody till the childs 18. Those are only for cases where reunification isnt an option . You go to court and sign over rights to the child (voluntary) Or the state forcibly takes you to court to get a director generals order

Tia Leigh Palmer's mother has been speaking out, but I don't recall hearing her speak out while Tia was missing. Last I heard the qld government had ordered an urgent review into the way missing foster child cases are handled.

as I recall Tialeigh's bio Mum appealed quite early for information - remembering about a week went by before anything was made public.

There does seem to be differences in the information made public in each of these cases, and I wonder who controls that..

A child can be put under various sections . One is a section 28 where a child is placed into care for short term . 28 days . Then theres one thats a year . Then the last one is a director general where the state takes over full custody till the childs 18. Those are only for cases where reunification isnt an option . You go to court and sign over rights to the child (voluntary) Or the state forcibly takes you to court to get a director generals order

thank you so much for the insight Mel's... Mind scrambling right now. Prayers for all....

Crimestoppers NSW posted an appeal on their Facebook page today:

It's now been more than 18 months since little William Tyrrell disappeared without a trace.

But... Somebody knows something.

Don't hold onto this information for another second. It's been long enough.

Report online at www.nsw.crimestoppers.com.au or call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Our operators will take your information seriously and pass all information on to investigators.

You can remain anonymous.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1186358484708174&substory_index=0&id=647497921927569

Does anyone read into the sentence that shows up in every appeal, "Somebody knows something."

It's very definite. If the abductor acted alone, then it's possible that only the abductor knows something.

The message seems to be saying that someone else definitely has the information to solve the case, and the police know it.

It's like an appeal to one person. It's very frustrating because there's only so much that we, the public, can do.

Does anyone read into the sentence that shows up in every appeal, "Somebody knows something."

It's very definite. If the abductor acted alone, then it's possible that only the abductor knows something.

The message seems to be saying that someone else definitely has the information to solve the case, and the police know it.

It's like an appeal to one person. It's very frustrating because there's only so much that we, the public, can do.
I think police definitely think that someone is protecting the perp. If they haven't spoken up yet I doubt they ever will.....unless trying to plea bargain. But if it's a woman (wife) it may never happen. Even if she were to call in an anonymous tip, she would be afraid would be considered an accomplice or jailed for lying to investigators.

Someone needs to slip up!

I am still getting a distinct lack of urgency from LE. I am leaning towards someone taking William away from the FP because they didnt think he belonged there. I thnk the plan was to take both children.

I still feel as in the dark as the day he went missing. We know nothing now we didn't know then and naming a few local paedophiles without charges doesn't really fill me with confidence they will ever find out what happened. I'm also quite sceptical regarding the family being cleared, bio or ff, Jubelin's brief anwer of "yes they have been cleared" is so unconvincing to me!
I think Williams complicated history comes in to this, how is the key as far as I'm. concerned.

UNBELIEVABLE! 38 YEARS!!!!

I know they should all never be released and be jailed till death. What has Australia got against whole life terms for paedophiles and rapists with multiple victims? This is about keeping children, teenagers, women and people in communities safe.

I know they should all never be released and be jailed till death. What has Australia got against whole life terms for paedophiles and rapists with multiple victims? This is about keeping children, teenagers, women and people in communities safe.
I just don't get it......:/

I just don't get it......:/

same here, we have seen time and time again offenders released on bail who go to commit more and, sometimes, worst crimes than the ones they were originally sentenced for
the law seems to be very lenient with those who attack women or children

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

Bookmarking - I stupidly erased all my subscribed threads :facepalm:

I still feel as in the dark as the day he went missing. We know nothing now we didn't know then and naming a few local paedophiles without charges doesn't really fill me with confidence they will ever find out what happened. I'm also quite sceptical regarding the family being cleared, bio or ff, Jubelin's brief anwer of "yes they have been cleared" is so unconvincing to me!
I think Williams complicated history comes in to this, how is the key as far as I'm. concerned.

I just don't see any of the POIs named to date as being capable of pulling off an abduction of a 3 year old with no trace even eighteen months later. Not an abduction that was opportunistic as it has been labeled, and where they were apparently looking into BS and his activities from very early on. I think there would surely be something that would have made him an actual suspect by now if there was anything at all. BS and co are dodgy as heck but I just don't think they're on the level of pulling off an abduction and then either a murder, or holding the child indefinitely somewhere, with no evidence trail.

It's possible there is evidence, but that is being withheld from the public. That's the only reason I can assume is why these people keep being named as persons of interest. The alternative, that the police really have NFI, is too depressing.

ETA and quite frankly, I actually think the foster kid thing is a bit of a red herring. The police are not restricted from finding out whatever information they need. It's an extremely well publicised missing persons case, despite the fact that WTs caregivers are not able to front the media openly. I think there are plenty of murders and abductions and missing persons cases that get solved by good police work with a mere fraction of the publicity this case has received. It's frustrating to us but I don't think it is what is making this case drag on. It's something else. Lack of evidence, lack of cooperation from the people the police probably already know quite well are involved/have information, etc. At this point all the locals who would have seen or heard something at the time would have been interviewed ad nauseum. And if he IS alive and being kept somewhere, there is nothing keeping William's face from being out there, and it is. He's surely the best-known missing kid in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa