Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarity, I think the reward is for the charge, conviction (of person(s) responsible), and/or the return of William. The way Jubelin said it, he said that they had added the return of William to the reward.

As the reward is offered for the return of William and not for a charge/conviction perhaps they do have information that leads them to believe he is very much alive and hopefully in the hands of someone keeping him safe. If this is the case hopefully it's someone that could use $1,000,000!

I really hope so.
But I keep thinking about the fact Williams family were advised to not set up his room to help with grieving process.

I really hope so.
But I keep thinking about the fact Williams family were advised to not set up his room to help with grieving process.

I know ... I feel that way too, soso. :(
I know that Jubelin tries to stay 'up' about it. But he is very clear that he wants to 'recover' William ... not 'save' him, or 'retrieve' him. imo

I think it is significant, too, that police did not offer an age-progressed likeness of William. The presser would have been the perfect venue.
The one that was published this week was arranged by the Sunday Telegraph.

"On the two-year anniversary of his disappearance from his grandmother’s garden on September 12, 2014, The Sunday Telegraph asked respected facial anthropologist Dr Susan Hayes to construct an image of how William would most likely look today.

While investigators believe William could still be alive, they have not yet chosen to release their own updated image of what he may look like today."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...w/news-story/ec9629d818416bc6208d52d457610892

The risk of small children falling accidentally falling into septic tanks is known.
At the house WT was staying at, was the septic tank searched, or wasn't it?
If it wasn't searched, was it because the covers were found to be completely secure and screwed down?
And if it was searched, how did the press not notice the pump truck?
(based on an interesting post by deugirtini #527 at)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...m-Tyrrell-3-Kendall-NSW-12-Sept-2014-7/page36

The risk of small children falling accidentally falling into septic tanks is known.
If it wasn't searched, was it because the covers were found to be completely secure and screwed down?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...m-Tyrrell-3-Kendall-NSW-12-Sept-2014-7/page36

Dams have been drained and divers have searched others. Cameras have been put down septic tanks and drains. Not a sandal or scrap of cloth from the Spider-Man suit has turned up.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...l/news-story/55fe696ecdf5361c3f164bec8bd03e4d

I believe that the septic tank covers are really heavy concrete ones. (We looked into it a lot when they were searching Spedding's property. If you see those search pics, you will see a local septic cover.)
I think it would have been evident if one had been lifted/moved. And may be impossible for a young tike to move one of the covers. Regardless, they did stress that the septic tanks had been searched in the Benaroon Drive area.

Do you think that this is misadventure?
Because the head of Strike force has ruled it out this morning.
While we did see Mr Poo at BS during the search of his home some 4 months after William was abducted.
I am confident that Det Jubelin has ruled out drains and septic tanks, particularly those close to nana's.
imo

Speaking about Mr Poo draining BS septic tank.
Jubelin said this morning that investigations of this type turns up other things.
Cannot help but go back to that 9 Dec 2014 investigation of the Speddings, by facs and the local detectives in regard to their treatment of children.
There is an ombudsman investigation currently underway to find out how BS came to be living with the children.

Which brings me back to if you have concerns about the way a child came to be living with a family.

Gee there was a lot going on the area.

Operation Twigg - 30 arrested.
Bravehearts setting up a support services - 60 reported cases of sexual abuse in just 6 months.
The local Gapa president resigning only to be charged with sexual offences as well as another member of the group.
imo

I believe that the septic tank covers are really heavy concrete ones. (We looked into it a lot when they were searching Spedding's property. If you see those search pics, you will see a local septic cover.)
I think it would have been evident if one had been lifted/moved. And may be impossible for a young tike to move one of the covers. Regardless, they did stress that the septic tanks had been searched in the Benaroon Drive area.

It also comes down to what type of septic system they are using. If an old fashioned septic - access hole is likely to be buried under the ground, and should have a concrete lid covering it. One we had in a previous house, lid was curved (as top of tank was curved/rounded so impossible to flip over). There may/may not be a sand filter tank that might have an exposed concrete lid on top - the previous house I lived in had a concrete pipe coming out of the ground with the concrete lid sitting on top (for the sand filter).

If it's a waste water treatment system, one or two tanks might be partly above ground, with the lid exposed. Some lids are concrete, some are plastic.

Our treatment system has 2 exposed concrete lids to 2 of the tanks. (3rd tank is buried underground and that is where the sludge settles that needs to be pumped out every few years).

The concrete lids are extremely heavy to move. The tank that holds the treated water (which is pumped to the garden) has a lid that is 2 semi circles, and heavy concrete. Very hard to move (but can fall in easily and are a bugger to retrieve! Especially if you don't have the right tool that hooks into the small metal handle) It's easy to tell the lid has been moved recently - fresh garden dirt/bark/grass will stick to it, and the concrete rubs off of a little as it slides off.
To check this treated water tank - all one needs to do is to push the pump down to the bottom, and the water gets emptied to the garden. If the water level rises rather quickly (ie if a body fell in) it would likely trigger an alarm and there would be a record of that date/time that water level was too high. This 'history' is checked by those that come service the septic.

2nd exposed lid is where the waste comes in and gets treated. Lots of things sitting inside that tank... like hoses and blocks that hold the good bacteria that eats the waste. There is a circulation pump in this one - and it sets off an alarm if it stops working.

3rd is completely underground and needs to be dug up every now and then, and have someone come in and de-sludge. (though we've had ours uncovered at times due to ongoing faults with system - but this lid sits snugly on top, and is curved (like a plain septic tank) - it is impossible to flip over (otherwise it would fill up with the dirt. ;) )

Every 3 months our system is serviced by a professional - they remove the 2 exposed lids and take water samples of the treated water and check the box for any alarm history.

Wouldn't it be so amazing if someone walked with William into a police station today?

I will never forget the image of Gina DeJesus returning to her home, giving a big thumbs up to the world watching. All the pain and suffering they underwent still exists, but something was put right and that made us all feel jubilant. I really hope someone can do that for William and his parents and the whole of Australia. That the reward money takes the uncertainty out of the future for them when they consider taking action.
:goodpost:

2 questions I would have liked asked at the press conference would have been, Do the NSW police fear this crime will be repeated by the offender, and do the police think parents should be taking any extra precautions with their children?

"Cameras have been put down septic tanks...." http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...l/news-story/55fe696ecdf5361c3f164bec8bd03e4d

I think it would be impossible, even with a bright light, to search a functioning septic tank with a camera, because of the the opacity of the liquid and solid contents.

If you have any concerns or information that LAC, SCC squads and/or Strike Force Rosann 1 & 2 investigators have overlooked in relation to William's disappearance, especially in relation to an undiscovered accidental death, it may be an idea to contact Crimestoppers; particularly if you had or have first-hand knowledge of the local area.

i dont think william is in a septic tank, i believe its family or neighbour related, but just to add to the septic discussion.....
from vague memory there was that photo from bs property search of a loose makeshift wooden cover which looked like being over a hole in the ground? not sure what it was covering though.
i know they checked bs septic tank but dont think it was fully drained was it?
a good place to hide something,
wonder what info they had that day to converge guns blazing onto his property? was it a tip off from the plumber?

"Cameras have been put down septic tanks...." http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...l/news-story/55fe696ecdf5361c3f164bec8bd03e4d

I think it would be impossible, even with a bright light, to search a functioning septic tank with a camera, because of the the opacity of the liquid and solid contents.

Hi koios, did you happen to see this morning's press conference in relation to William?

https://www.facebook.com/whereswilliam

DI Gary Jubelin stated that the likelihood of misadventure or a 'little boy lost' scenario has been ruled out in the disappearance of William. The case is being treated as an abduction with the NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione stating that they do have an idea of who the perpetrator is. A $1m reward has now been offered for information that leads to the recovery of William.

IMO the theory that William crawled or fell into a drain has no practical relevance.

Gosh, finally a reward. I thought it would never happen. Why now, I wonder?

It's scary that there is now a "Rosann 2". The scale of this must be massive.

I remember when police searched bushland near BS after a tipoff, Jubelin said that finding a body was not the worst case scenario. Worst case scenario was not finding William at all.

This is mainly to recommend the hi res aerial imagery available at http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/
I added green: direction WT went when last seen (approximately as described in 60minutes documentary),
blue: rainwater tank, and purple: stormwater kerb inlet. I can't find the septic tank.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 6m3.png
    6m3.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 138
i dont think william is in a septic tank, i believe its family or neighbour related, but just to add to the septic discussion.....
from vague memory there was that photo from bs property search of a loose makeshift wooden cover which looked like being over a hole in the ground? not sure what it was covering though.
i know they checked bs septic tank but dont think it was fully drained was it?
a good place to hide something,
wonder what info they had that day to converge guns blazing onto his property? was it a tip off from the plumber?

Yes, apparently it was a tip off from the plumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB