Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Spedding ever definitely claim to have rung back in the morning?

He was more or less free all morning and it's reported he didn't want to do the job on the weekend. Why wouldn't he have called back or attended? How long would this job have been likely to take? How long did it take, when he went back a week or two later? That would have been noted.

(quote)
Defence lawyer Peter O'Brien told the court Hillsley, who had been convicted of abducting and indecently assaulting a five-year-old, had lived at home with Spedding's alleged victims in January 1987.
The Crown prosecutor argued Hillsley was in jail at the time of the alleged offences.

"The brother [Hillsley] was in jail. He may have lived with them at a time prior...[he had no] access to them at that particular point in time," she said.

Mr O'Brien argued that one of the victims suffered an injury that could have been suffered months prior. He also argued that Mr Spedding's alleged victims had been "coached" and "tutored" into naming him as their attacker.

Hillsley had previously served jail time for sex offences against three young girls.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bill-sped...dering-rapist-court-told-20150614-ghnx8h.html

(quote)
In granting bail, Justice Geoffrey Bellew said one of the girls, who was three at the time of the alleged offence, had no recollection of it and "vague memories of youth" despite a 21-page statement.

He said the reliability of the complainant would probably be an issue and there were concerns about whether both girls were "coached" by an adult in making the claims.

"It is clear to me that the matters to which I have referred to will be a substantial issue in the proceedings brought against the applicant," Justice Bellew said.

"It is difficult to accept the crown submission that [the] crown case is strong."

Justice Bellew noted that Spedding was investigated over the alleged offences nearly 30 years ago and never charged.

He said Spedding becoming a person of interest in William's disappearance had "revived" the prior allegations.

Justice Bellew pointed out further shortcomings in the crown case including that it had no transcript of an interview with Spedding from the investigation in the 1980s.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-19/william-spedding-granted-bail-in-supreme-court/6558628

You would think that if the girls were "coached" the 3yo would remember what happened. I would think it would have been drummed into her if that was the case.

There was another article, I'll have a look for it later, that charges were not pursued in the best interest of the young girls. That happened a lot in those days.

Did Spedding ever definitely claim to have rung back in the morning?

He was more or less free all morning and it's reported he didn't want to do the job on the weekend. Why wouldn't he have called back or attended? How long would this job have been likely to take? How long did it take, when he went back a week or two later? That would have been noted.

I'm sure lovely soso has the link up her sleeve somewhere. :D
I believe he said he missed a call from grandma that morning (no missed call in his call log? Did that even happen?)

And I always wondered why he wouldn't have called back sooner. Like while he was lounging around at the coffee shop, sipping on that fine cappucino.

Any historical case particularly involving little kids recollections is going to be very hard to prove. If it’s not true ( I believe it is ) then what would be their agenda. . Don’t believe it’s money as I don’t think there would be any there to compensate.

IMO it should have been properly dealt with at the time and prosecuted with evidence etc. I did read ages ago that BS and his ex's divorce was contentious, so payback perhaps? It's certainly not unheard of if there is a lot of nasty feelings between a couple wanting to get back at the other ex partner. I have also read the mother of the girls had also accused other men too, and have been trying to find an article where that was stated?
As to monetary compensation i have no idea if the victims would have a claim in court to be compensated by BS if BS is found guilty?

You would think that if the girls were "coached" the 3yo would remember what happened. I would think it would have been drummed into her if that was the case.

There was another article, I'll have a look for it later, that charges were not pursued in the best interest of the young girls. That happened a lot in those days.

Well in the article i posted it did state by the Justice that the 3 yr. old had no recollection of it and vague memories of youth in a 21 page statement.

IMO it should have been properly dealt with at the time and prosecuted with evidence etc. I did read ages ago that BS and his ex's divorce was contentious, so payback perhaps? It's certainly not unheard of if there is a lot of nasty feelings between a couple wanting to get back at the other ex partner. I have also read the mother of the girls had also accused other men too, and have been trying to find an article where that was stated?
As to monetary compensation i have no idea if the victims would have a claim in court to be compensated by BS if BS is found guilty?

Does Bill have any assets? You'd think they'd have had the sense to pick a rich man.

Well in the article i posted it did state by the Justice that the 3 yr. old had no recollection of it and vague memories of youth in a 21 page statement.

Karinna these little girls had medical evidence of being subjected to a sexual crime. Spedding was there hillsley was in jail.

I'm sure lovely soso has the link up her sleeve somewhere. :D
I believe he said he missed a call from grandma that morning (no missed call in his call log? Did that even happen?)

And I always wondered why he wouldn't have called back sooner. Like while he was lounging around at the coffee shop, sipping on that fine cappucino.

No because it was Williams f Mum that called and left a message.

f mum said He was repairing Mums washer and the washing was piling up.
I thought I would call in the morning and find out when the part had arrived and when he was coming back to install the part.
Could not get through so she left a message.

Michael Usher - Is there the possibility that he knew you would be arriving and young William would be with you? .................. (Not necessarily when) just IF.
F Mum - I don't know anything is possible. I don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ_vg7gq4sA

ONLY days before William Tyrrell was abducted, his grandmother told repairman Bill Spedding she was expecting a stay-over visit from her family and could he fix her faulty washing machine.
That revelation calls into question toddler William’s trip to the mid north coast being a total “surprise” that nobody other than his parents could have known about.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...l/news-story/97a47cc5fe384c2fbf91c2f87488c9fa
New twist in case of missing toddler William Tyrrell

Does Bill have any assets? You'd think they'd have had the sense to pick a rich man.

I have no idea what assets they have as a couple? They have owned businesses and their own home in the past from what i have read about them. If they sold a home on the coast it would probably have sold for a few hundred thousand dollars with house prices in Aus. They rented a larger home because of the grandkids they were taking care of and the rental home the authorities searched and dug up the yard of. Being retirement age the S's probably had money saved up for their retirement i would think?

Karinna these little girls had medical evidence of being subjected to a sexual crime. Spedding was there hillsley was in jail.

Yes i am well aware of what has been written about their case and my information has come from the MSM articles i have posted links to.
The medical evidence apparently didn't specify exactly when the abuse occurred though from what the article stated?

I have no idea what assets they have as a couple? They have owned businesses and their own home in the past from what i have read about them. If they sold a home on the coast it would probably have sold for a few hundred thousand dollars with house prices in Aus. They rented a larger home because of the grandkids they were taking care of and the rental home the authorities searched and dug up the yard of. Being retirement age the S's probably had money saved up for their retirement i would think?
Where’s your links to their past owned properties. Where was it stated they rented the larger house to accomodate grandchildren ??!!

Where’s your links to there past owned properties. Where was it stated they rented the larger house to accomodate grandchildren ??!!

It is IMO from what i can recollect from following this case and its threads.

Yes I saw that, hence my response to your quote.

I said I would find the article that said:

“Police have been informed the offences … were not pursued formally by police at the time of disclosure due to concerns as to the welfare of the victims, given their tender age,” a fact sheet said

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...g/news-story/2a8a51819720492213582b8d70dc61da

From this statement I would assume that the accusations occurred around April 1987, I also have to assume that the Crown Prosecutor has evidence of this (maybe the medical reports).

The crown, however, said Hillsley’s parole was revoked in January 1987.
“That is quite an important point. As of April 1987, (Hillsley) was out of the picture. There is no evidence to suggest he was hanging around or had access to the girls at that time,” the Crown said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...y/news-story/9ca4201c0bbd0e6a7cd836b562a54a23

If there were a chance that the abuse occurred earlier, like in January when Hillsley was out, it would be noted in the medical reports that the injury was dated.

I really don't think any mother would wait 3 months to report an injury of that nature.

Mr Hoyles also said $30,000 equity his client has in a property could be offered as surety.
http://www.portnews.com.au/story/3121114/spedding-applies-for-bail/

The court heard Spedding's brother, David, would put up his life savings - $100,000 - as surety, and his wife, Margaret, had stated that no children would live with them if her husband was granted bail.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/spedding-granted-bail-over-sex-charges

Not much unless it is well hidden.
imo

i think colin youngberry mentioned ages ago how bs had moved from wellington
to be with ms to a bigger property to raise his step grandchildren?
cant find the msm link though

/

Mr Hoyles also said $30,000 equity his client has in a property could be offered as surety.
http://www.portnews.com.au/story/3121114/spedding-applies-for-bail/

The court heard Spedding's brother, David, would put up his life savings - $100,000 - as surety, and his wife, Margaret, had stated that no children would live with them if her husband was granted bail.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/spedding-granted-bail-over-sex-charges

Not much unless it is well hidden.
imo

Thanks for posting up the info. & links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member