Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in, a game he had played with that person before? (ETA re: bearbear's post #200...the quote didn't show up.)
BTW is WS being glitchy for anyone else?
yesssss!! pages not loading or refreshing!:mad:

This is a tweet from Kelly Fedore-Chief court reporter for @9NewsSyd

Counsel Assisting refers to "persons of interest" and says they will lead evidence that contradicts one or more were involved in William #Tyrrell's disappearance.

I find that a bit bizarre? Contradicts 1 0r more were involved?? Huh? So...noone was? What??
That tweet is hurting my brain.

Could it be that someone has made accusations against one or more persons and there is evidence to contradict what they’ve said.

That tweet is hurting my brain.

Could it be that someone has made accusations against one or more persons and there is evidence to contradict what they’ve said.

Yes, or maybe thy have "proof" that the persons of interest are NOT involved..such as a sighting/alibi? Even though police would not rule them out, perhaps? MOO.

Yes, or maybe thy have "proof" that the persons of interest are NOT involved..such as a sighting/alibi? Even though police would not rule them out, perhaps? MOO.

Could this be why the cafe and school people are being called?? Was there a sighting/photos of BS and wife that day, but Police still wouldn't rule him out, due to him being at the home just before the incident and his historical accusations??

Just musing and All MOO.

Could this be why the cafe and school people are being called?? Was there a sighting/photos of BS and wife that day, but Police still wouldn't rule him out, due to him being at the home just before the incident and his historical accusations??

Just musing and All MOO.
Or maybe there wasn't a sighting? Just musing too! :D :D

I guess we'll find out in due course, Ms C.

Or maybe there wasn't a sighting? Just musing too! :D :D

I guess we'll find out in due course, Ms C.
I took the statement to mean there is a discrepancy between witness testimony, and POI testimony.
The big question to be answered, will it exonerate or implicate POI.
Leaning towards implicating him here.

does anyone know if anyone from here going to be attending the inquest?

I did ask froggy this morning on this thread but she hasn't replied, so don't know. Maybe the fact that she hasn't replied means that she was there, as she wouldn't be able to use a phone or laptop during the inquest, I wouldn't think. Perhaps she'll get back to us tonight.

I took the statement to mean there is a discrepancy between witness testimony, and POI testimony.
The big question to be answered, will it exonerate or implicate POI.
Leaning towards implicating him here.
Yes will be one or the other, kiwi. Finally, we might at least get a few answers, even if not all that we want so very much.

NSW Police forensic profiler in the case, Detective Sergeant Laura Beacroft, told the inquest into the three-year-old's 2014 disappearance she concluded from the finds that William had been "taken away" from the area.

Sgt Beacroft was seconded to Strike Force Rosann and conducted the four-week "forensic search" of the immediate area and of surrounding fire trails and tracks.

She told the inquest she was looking to establish that "if William was taken, whether it was someone on foot or in a vehicle, and the route within the Kendall State Forest to move from that area".
William Tyrrell inquest hears more on likely abductor

“There are very few family members or acquaintances who had access to William (that day),” he said. BBM

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/former-detective-gary-jubelin-attends-william-tyrrell-inquest/news-story/ef9a138d1d4cab29b9e0dec3e6a0def1

It is paywalled but we've heard most of it. here's another snippet though:

Charged former detective Gary Jubelin arrived at an inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell, an investigation from which he was sidelined just months ago.
Jubelin, who has been charged with four counts of breaching the Surveillance Devices Act for allegedly recording someone in the search for William, sat at the back of the Lidcombe hearing on the same side of the room as detectives now leading the case.
Not giving up. Doesn't seem to have his tail between his legs at all either.

I think it means that witnesses are going to contradict stories (alibis?) that one or more people have given during the investigation. In other words, it seems that some were telling porkies. IMO.

I just listened to this link ...

Nine News Sydney on Twitter

It sounds to me as if Craddock said that it would be a mistake to think that all 'persons of interest' were involved in William's disappearance, and that they (Craddock et al) would give evidence to show that one or more of these 'persons of interest' could not have been/likely were not involved.

So, we will be hearing from Margaret ... and many others, it seems.
(Apologies if I repeat anything. I have not had the opportunity to do anything other than skim-read, so far.)

Among more than 40 witnesses expected to be called over the next four weeks are a convicted paedophile, Anthony Jones, and two mystery women.

The list of witnesses for the inquest includes locals from around Kendall, where William disappeared in 2014, and Laurieton, where part of the search took place.

They include assorted members of the community, such as former washing machine repairman Bill Spedding, his wife Margaret, Laurieton Public School official Valda Ballesty, hairdresser Angela Eschler and people who took part in the search.

A neighbour of William's foster grandmother, Paul Savage, and NSW Mid North Coast locals Patrick Teeling and Laurieton milk vendor and former journalist, Gordon Wiegold, will also be called.

Another local man, Geoff Owen, who had installed the decking at the Benaroon Drive house where William was playing before he vanished, is also a witness.

Three police officers and Elizabeth Rowley, the wife of Laurieton police officer Senior Constable Christopher Rowley, are listed.

Husband and wife Daniela and Martin Parish, who owned Laurieton's Cafe Buzz, will be called as well as two mystery women, listed only by the pseudonyms of "Amy" and "Tanya".

Current prison inmates will be called.

It has been reported that among the 19 men on the list who are not police officers is the name of a male person of interest who has not previously been identified or mentioned in public.

William Tyrrell inquest hears more on likely abductor

I just listened to this link ...

Nine News Sydney on Twitter

It sounds to me as if Craddock said that it would be a mistake to think that all 'persons of interest' were involved in William's disappearance, and that they (Craddock et al) would give evidence to show that one or more of these 'persons of interest' could not have been/likely were not involved.
You are correct SA

I think there were a LOT of POI's at various stages, weren't there, Doc? If I remember correctly. So we really won't know who's going to be ruled out until it happens, I guess.

I reckon it'll make some of them nervous seeing Jubes sitting there, though.

I wonder why we haven't been told until now that some of the POI's have been cleared.O mean we know lots of them have been cleared, but if they were high profile ones, surely it would have been released to the media out of fairness to the person / people.

Another thought though, just because they weren't physically there doesn't mean they didn't know about or weren't part of the plan. IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member