Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she (policeman's wife) helped co-ordinate the search and can give an overview of where everyone went.

I wonder how unusual that would be? For an officer's wife to become involved in any case that police were attending (unless in an official capacity, of course) ... be it a missing person or other. Especially with Rowley being the first officer on the scene when William disappeared.

In my reading of other matters, I get the feeling that family of officers do not become involved - perhaps due to the risk of being accused of manipulating data/results, discrimination, misconduct, other adverse things.

As an aside, I did a little research on Sen Const Rowley - a well respected man by his peers and in his community, has done some brave things and has been awarded due to that.

Rotary gets behind our top officers

Last edited:
Taree Courthouse will open specially for at least a week when the coronial inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell moves to Taree on August 19.
The courthouse has been closed since October 2018 while the new Taree Police Station is built adjacent, and isn't scheduled to reopen until May 2020.

Taree Courthouse to open for William Tyrrell coronial inquest

I wonder if the sittings at Taree will be opened or closed.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
30m
The court heard a neighbour found the shovel near the cemetery shortly after William disappeared.
@10NewsFirst
@10Daily

I'm not sure if that means that the shovel was discovered twice? First by the neighbour and then in the forensic search?

How old was this shovel? Were there any graves dug there at that time. Fresh upturned soil, easily dug?

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
53m

The court heard a neighbour found the shovel near the cemetery shortly after William disappeared

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
1h

Searchers then found a shovel in the bush and photographed it. “The shovel was a significant find,” the court heard

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
1h

Among the findings was a cross pegged into the ground which appeared to be a grave. It was dug up by investigators and confirmed to be a dog grave, the court heard.
@10NewsFirst
@10Daily

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
1h

The date on the cross found was 2014, the year William went missing, “that’s why we dug it up,” Senior Constable Rattenbury told the court. It was located near the existing cemetery.
@10NewsFirst
@10Daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members