Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the inquest when DP gave his testimony. I won't lay out all that he said as some of his testimony was suppressed.

DP stated he witnessed a van coming out of Long Point Trail onto the Ghost Rd. At that time BS was at a club with family. His lawyer provided video footage from the club as evidence.

DP was not an impressive witness, far from it. I'll just leave it at that.

Yes, we understand Dean's attitude reflected someone who likely did not want to be there. And was upset about the challenge of his testimony.

He 100% believed it was Spedding's vehicle in his police statement. Then 100% believed it was a vehicle the same as Spedding's at the inquest.

So, did the police ever track down the vehicle that was 100% like Spedding's, I wonder.
As we have discussed before, people can 'not see' things that are right in front of them ... like the faded writing on the front of a vehicle. Though I am sure the Coroner would already know that. She is a smart person.

Yes, we understand Dean's attitude reflected someone who likely did not want to be there. And was upset about the challenge of his testimony.

He 100% believed it was Spedding's vehicle in his police statement. Then 100% believed it was a vehicle the same as Spedding's at the inquest.

So, did the police ever track down the vehicle that was 100% like Spedding's, I wonder.
As we have discussed before, people can 'not see' things that are right in front of them ... like the faded writing on the front of a vehicle. Though I am sure the Coroner would already know that. She is a smart person.

So you think he was perjuring himself at the inquest?
Heavy penalties for that when there is nothing to lose by telling the truth.

No I'm not saying that SA. I can't explain the reasons I was unconvinced unfortunately. This man did cause quite a stir.

Having attended in Taree it became even more obvious when all we have to go by is tweets and MSM a lot is missed due to not getting full context and body language. Such a shame everybody can't attend for at least a little bit of it.

@Cleaver Greene

Does the coroner need to wait until Mr Jubelin's case is finished before she can call him as a witness at the inquest?

This is a predicament. Jubelin’s handling of the case is very important to the inquest but is also the subject of criminal charges. I imagine that either he would either be granted a certificate which means that the evidence at inquest can’t be used in criminal proceedings, or he wouldn’t give evidence at the inquest.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you think he was perjuring himself at the inquest?
Heavy penalties for that when there is nothing to lose by telling the truth.

People very rarely get charged with perjury. Far more often a judge will call a witness “unimpressive” or “unsatisfactory” and dismiss their evidence. Witnesses lie in court all day every day but perjury charges are very uncommon.

This is a predicament. Jubelin’s handling of the case is very important to the inquest but is also the subject of criminal charges. I imagine that either he would either be granted a certificate which means that the evidence at inquest can’t be used in criminal proceedings, or he wouldn’t give evidence at the inquest.

Isn't there another problem with Jubelin's trial? Will it be possible for the evidence to be heard ie: tapes, whilst the Inquest is ongoing?

Isn't there another problem with Jubelin's trial? Will it be possible for the evidence to be heard ie: tapes, whilst the Inquest is ongoing?

Yes. It’s a problem. There may be ways to overcome them, like evidence in closed court, or undertakings by the lawyers that certain evidence will not be disclosed out of the courtroom. For example, I recently obtained some disclosure under subpoena but gave an undertaking to the court that I wouldn’t disclose it to anyone (even the client) without permission from the Court.

But the problem for Jubelin is that he has a right to silence, yet there are two other proceedings going on, the inquest and the malicious prosecution claim, where his actions as an investigator will be scrutinised. Legally, it’s a very interesting scenario and I have no idea how the competing interests will be managed.

Interesting, as there were only 2 ladies there i didnt know..i only attended 1 day

Sounds as if a few members were there, off and on.

I personally know of another member who attended, other than you and Blues Clues and drsleuth.
And it seems as if you all have somewhat different perceptions of various things.
Not that that matters, it is the Coroner's perception that ultimately counts.

But it is certainly interesting hearing each person's take on things.

Last edited:
Is this for real ?!

So I'm a previous offender, I've been convicted & served time; now I'm on trial again for another offence & I can have my previous history hidden !

How screwed up is this - IMO no wonder the safety of our people is more & more threatened every day; compromised by these types of rediculous rulings.

If I've learnt my lesson through my previous penalties / incarceration, why am up before the courts again ?

I'd be most interested in the stats of guilty v not-guilty verdicts re cases before our criminal courts. .. .

For example Brett Cowan who left a child for dead with horrific injuries and molested countless children before he murdered Daniel Morcombe, all his previous convictions were secreted from the jury, they weren’t to know anything about his past.

Yes Warshawski it’s screwed up.

Only lived two houses away, though. And knows a lot about the family and circumstances. And who knows what view of Spedding's house and driveway he had from his back garden. Or if their children played together at each other's houses.

I think that even if Dean did not see the vehicle entering and exiting the driveway, he likely would have seen it driving by the front his house many times - on Spedding's way to and from Ocean Drive as he entered and exited the estate.

Resident Dean Pollard said the couple are the guardians of at least three grandchildren.
He said at least 20 police officers and six cars were parked outside the home since 7am on Tuesday.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...g-toddler-william-tyrell-20150121-12ux0y.html

Bonny View Drive resident Kylie, who did not wish to give her surname, said the sound of officers arriving for Tuesday's raid was unmistakable.
"They didn't need their sirens there was that many of them," she said.
More than 15 cars poured into Wandaloo Place from 5am on Tuesday.
"They blocked off both sides of the street and even though they were in suits, we knew something was up," Kylie said.
William Tyrell: Focus turns to Bonny Hills home

RBBM
Funny but one witness said 6 cars and another said 15 cars.

What’s in the water up there?

I think that the question that we were wondering is did the police ever identify whose vehicle it was.
And why did Dean Pollard change his story.

It could be as simple as police identifying the vehicle and when told that it couldn’t have been Spedding’s car, Pollard doubted himself or back-pedalled. People can quite often be certain about something and, when confronted with evidence that what they saw or heard was not right, they don’t have an explanation for why they got it wrong, or their recollection was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600