Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I’ve posted this before but I will say again. Maybe Williams legacy ( not sure if that’s the right word) will have been to have shed light on all these offenders of crimes against children that we would never have been aware of. Hopefully it’s saved some children from harm now these rock spiders names are out there.

Edited to add, that’s in a small community, makes me very fearful of how many are out there.

I

I wonder too, as the court process can take a long time, if this is another factor why we don't hear anything or it's hard to join the dots.

Another article stated that an applicaction can be made to remove prior judgements from lawsites and records temporarily so that jury can judge fairly based on the case only.

If you've done the crime and the time I think this is fair game in my opinion....

Is this for real ?!

So I'm a previous offender, I've been convicted & served time; now I'm on trial again for another offence & I can have my previous history hidden !

How screwed up is this - IMO no wonder the safety of our people is more & more threatened every day; compromised by these types of rediculous rulings.

If I've learnt my lesson through my previous penalties / incarceration, why am up before the courts again ?

I'd be most interested in the stats of guilty v not-guilty verdicts re cases before our criminal courts. .. .

The thing with BS is he was gone over forensically by LE with a fine tooth comb as we read at the time. The rental home where they lived and vehicles etc. I can't ever recall any MSM articles where LE said he was a suspect in WT's case? It was mostly to do with the historic case that pertained to his arrest & charges and upcoming court hearings

Ok fair enough Karinna because who knows (other than those that prepared & approved the warrant )

I still hold value in the old adage 'where there's smoke there's fire'.
I'm not saying BS is responsible for Williams disappearance - far greater minds than mine, with much more information, are working that one out.
However, I do think BS may have served himself better by looking 'outward' towards the horrendous situation & what he perhaps could've provided re information . ..after all I'm sure he knew many people from his businesses ( was it a pawnbroker business as well??) apologies if I've got the wrong.

Fearful to say to much about BS but where there is smoke there is fire.in my own opinion

I actually read something in a link today where he said those years were hazy or a blur, words to that effect. I have been looking for the link again. When I find it, I will post it.

It made me wonder how much he actually recalls of 1987.

Spedding is suing for malicious prosecution, malfeasance and abuse of process. The malicious prosecution can only relate to charges that Spedding was actually prosecuted for. I assume that he is claiming that he was prosecuted over the historic offences for an improper purpose, likely to justify the searches and remanding him in custody. The malfeasance and abuse of process could relate either to the Tyrrell investigation or the investigation and prosecution of historic cases. That is, using historical charges to be able to do things (like detain him for prolonged questioning, listening devices etc) that police could not do if he was just a POI. I don’t know whether that’s what happened; I’m just giving examples of what malfeasance/abuse of process could be in this scenario.

I can’t imagine a lawyer representing a client in a lawsuit like this unless they were cleared in the Tyrrell investigation. It would completely undermine his case if these proceedings were issued and he was then charged with involvement in the Tyrrell case.

If I was defending Spedding and he was still a POI, I would be sitting through the whole inquest to hear the evidence against the other POIs to use at trial. The fact that his lawyer withdrew from the inquest suggests that Spedding is no longer a POI. Peter O’Brien is a very competent lawyer. He would be giving VERY good advice to Spedding.

Thanks Cleaver (I agree).

BS is very well 'lawyered' so it'll be more interesting times.

I'm not holding him personally responsible for William, however who knows where the wind blew ..

You'd think a neighbour who'd see the van entering and exiting a driveway a lot would recognise it.
TGY He lives in the Jolly Nose estate but not in Wandoo Pl, not a direct neighbour. Media reporting slightly inaccurate on that detail.

Only lived two houses away, though. And knows a lot about the family and circumstances. And who knows what view of Spedding's house and driveway he had from his back garden. Or if their children played together at each other's houses.

I think that even if Dean did not see the vehicle entering and exiting the driveway, he likely would have seen it driving by the front his house many times - on Spedding's way to and from Ocean Drive as he entered and exited the estate.

Resident Dean Pollard said the couple are the guardians of at least three grandchildren.
He said at least 20 police officers and six cars were parked outside the home since 7am on Tuesday.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...g-toddler-william-tyrell-20150121-12ux0y.html

Bonny View Drive resident Kylie, who did not wish to give her surname, said the sound of officers arriving for Tuesday's raid was unmistakable.
"They didn't need their sirens there was that many of them," she said.
More than 15 cars poured into Wandaloo Place from 5am on Tuesday.
"They blocked off both sides of the street and even though they were in suits, we knew something was up," Kylie said.
William Tyrell: Focus turns to Bonny Hills home

Last edited:
Last edited:
I was at the inquest when DP gave his testimony. I won't lay out all that he said as some of his testimony was suppressed.

DP stated he witnessed a van coming out of Long Point Trail onto the Ghost Rd. At that time BS was at a club with family. His lawyer provided video footage from the club as evidence.

DP was not an impressive witness, far from it. I'll just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce shark