Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, just noticed it was over 8km away. How big was the search area for William again?

Police divers were called in to scour dams near the home, as the search, which widened to a 10 kilometre radius, became increasingly urgent on its third day.

However police concentrated on a 1.5 kilometre radius of the house, including dense scrub land.

Missing William Tyrell, 3, 'picked up by a car' police now believe | Daily Mail Online

This article says that the initial 10 day search covered 18 square kilometres.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...d/news-story/54f3086f0b252c56442ceac31763ddd9

Police divers were called in to scour dams near the home, as the search, which widened to a 10 kilometre radius, became increasingly urgent on its third day.

However police concentrated on a 1.5 kilometre radius of the house, including dense scrub land.

Missing William Tyrell, 3, 'picked up by a car' police now believe | Daily Mail Online

This article says that the initial 10 day search covered 18 square kilometres.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...d/news-story/54f3086f0b252c56442ceac31763ddd9
18 square kilometres would be a radius of about 2.4km. Since a radius implies a circle, a 10km radius implies coverage of 314 square kilometres. I don't believe they searched anything like that amount of country. They probably searched some spot areas 10km from the start point in addition to the 1.5-2.5km radius circle.

Hi pkwis .... this is what has been reported about RP's car movements (with accompanying CCTV pics).
William disappeared on Sept 12th.

A recent document says in the two days after William vanished, Porter's car was recorded passing the Kew southbound camera on the morning of September 13, 2014, and the north- and south-bound cameras at Port Macquarie, the next day.

Significantly, investigators have also obtained evidence placing Porter at Port Macquarie Hospital the day William was last seen in the foster nanna's yard.

An undated police note signed by Detective Senior Constable Ari Barr said: 'Hospital records show that on the 12th September 2014, Porter was at dialysis at Port Macquarie Hospital between 9am and 3pm.

Porter's car wasn't picked up by highway cameras between his Wauchope home and the hospital that critical day.

But detectives suggested Porter had likely just used an alternative route, the Oxley Highway, to attend his clinic.

William Tyrrell abduction: Probe after dying man's confession | Daily Mail Online

Thanks South Aussie. That is great information.There is still my question as to where Porter accessed Pacific Highway to have the vehicle caught on cctv cameras as you have to drive under the said overbridge for that to happen. As far as I know you can't get onto Pacific Hwy unless you use an on ramp as it is a dual lane Hwy with wire barriers on north bound and south bound sides so that blocks access from bush tracks. IMO. From cursory google earth checks St John's south of Kendall appears to be the 1st place south of Kendall where you can drive onto Pacific Hwy. May be a local can post and let us know.

This could mean William was taken south or Porter was full of bull and used to put out a false story. IMO

Did they prove Porter was driving the vehicle when the cctv capture happened. Or is it possible number plates were swapped between same make and model of vehicle?

To get onto Pacific Hwy on ramp from where William disappeared from Google Earth directions take you down Laurel St which from memory is where that old man says he saw the 2 vehicles one with William in the back.

Thanks South Aussie. That is great information.There is still my question as to where Porter accessed Pacific Highway to have the vehicle caught on cctv cameras as you have to drive under the said overbridge for that to happen. As far as I know you can't get onto Pacific Hwy unless you use an on ramp as it is a dual lane Hwy with wire barriers on north bound and south bound sides so that blocks access from bush tracks. IMO. From cursory google earth checks St John's south of Kendall appears to be the 1st place south of Kendall where you can drive onto Pacific Hwy. May be a local can post and let us know.

This could mean William was taken south or Porter was full of bull and used to put out a false story. IMO

Did they prove Porter was driving the vehicle when the cctv capture happened. Or is it possible number plates were swapped between same make and model of vehicle?

To get onto Pacific Hwy on ramp from where William disappeared from Google Earth directions take you down Laurel St which from memory is where that old man says he saw the 2 vehicles one with William in the back.
It's not quite clear but I think a southbound camera means a camera in the southbound lane, so the car was travelling south at the time. Where do you think the camera was? I suggest it's at the north-most end of Kew. Are there cameras on this?
upload_2021-10-12_7-57-13.png

It's possible someone other than Porter was driving his car, and it's possible he was confused (he was very sick) and the trip north with William didn't happen or didn't happen that Saturday.

No, but this gives an idea of the distance (2.67km):

That is it JLZ a very BIG thankyou.

I see left of that area which is 1210 metres north of where the on ramp meets Pacific Hwy is the junction of Herons Creek Rd and Logan Crossing Rd and those roads have been mentioned connected to Porter and his mate Abbott haven't they.

I find it very strange that locals who have crim connections know where all cctv cameras are and to think Porter or his crim cronnies would drive with William in a vehicle directly under a cctv camera and 300kms at risk of being stopped by highway police or being involved in an accident or breakdown. It doesn't make any sense imo.

Back roads like Bago rd etc imo would be the go and there are a few small airfields up that way.

Why 300kms north? Could Porter during his revealing conversation with Ms O actually say 300 kms but mean miles. Older guys quite ooften refer to miles as kms and vice versa

Added to say I always thought the camera was on the overbridge at Kew from a media report I read but can no longer locate.

Last edited:
A great way to do a radius measurement is to use Google Earth distance tool, it looks like a ruler at the top of GE. Open it then select the circle tab. Then choose kms or miles and hectare or acres from drop down box. Place the square where you want to start the radius from and expand the tool to measure what you need. It is an easy tool to use.

When you use the circle tool you can change the drop down box selection as you go as well

It's not quite clear but I think a southbound camera means a camera in the southbound lane, so the car was travelling south at the time. Where do you think the camera was? I suggest it's at the north-most end of Kew. Are there cameras on this?
View attachment 316879

It's possible someone other than Porter was driving his car, and it's possible he was confused (he was very sick) and the trip north with William didn't happen or didn't happen that Saturday.
I forgot to add the link for the image and it's too late to edit. Google Maps

hey there everyone!!!!!
...long time I know....I have been trying to catch up on recent news, its hard to know whats legit and whats just sensationalism from reporters.
I used to be a part of what you could term "media"....the dark old pre internet print days...and worked for a magazine that was part of the huge ACP Australian Cons Press..a Packer company which nine news merged with and took over when print tanked.
I am a cynic when it comes to media , as the once respected industry ( non tabloid junk of course) has suffered greatly and is now an industry run on paywalls and subscription sales.
I will be hoping the inquest will be available to public at some point...did anyone here manage to go to any of the hearings?
I wonder if any real information was discovered.
Whats everyones thoughts?
Good to see some familiar names from way back when, and new ones too.
Hope everyones been well during this insanity, and managed to get through the crazy couple of years ....I am sorry for long post , but theres so much to catch up on.

Hi pkwis .... this is what has been reported about RP's car movements (with accompanying CCTV pics).
William disappeared on Sept 12th.

A recent document says in the two days after William vanished, Porter's car was recorded passing the Kew southbound camera on the morning of September 13, 2014, and the north- and south-bound cameras at Port Macquarie, the next day.

Significantly, investigators have also obtained evidence placing Porter at Port Macquarie Hospital the day William was last seen in the foster nanna's yard.

An undated police note signed by Detective Senior Constable Ari Barr said: 'Hospital records show that on the 12th September 2014, Porter was at dialysis at Port Macquarie Hospital between 9am and 3pm.

Porter's car wasn't picked up by highway cameras between his Wauchope home and the hospital that critical day.

But detectives suggested Porter had likely just used an alternative route, the Oxley Highway, to attend his clinic.

William Tyrrell abduction: Probe after dying man's confession | Daily Mail Online
bbm
Hearing "Wauchope" I'm remembering lovely TJ, who also lived there.

Do FA and TJ know each other? Did RP and TJ know each other?

Does anyone know how to show a 2.6 klm radius of 48 Beneroon Drive please?
TGY, I tried to do it using a site I came across. I could do a 2.5km radius. But the screenshot couldn't be zoomed in without losing the boundary in the pic.
This is the website
2.5KM From Home
And you can search and pin an address.
20211015_220542.jpg

Attachments

• 4EAA1C71-69D4-4441-98D4-50181F34C462.jpeg
    4EAA1C71-69D4-4441-98D4-50181F34C462.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 12
Does anyone know how to show a 2.6 klm radius of 48 Beneroon Drive please?
Here are better images of the 2.6km radius around 48 Benaroon Drive. I posted one above but it was kinda obscured but the “use two fingers to move” words ‍

I hope this is a little better

Attachments

• A1DCFF44-61BB-493C-8146-B9746DD4F18F.jpeg
    A1DCFF44-61BB-493C-8146-B9746DD4F18F.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 10
  • CF171C7C-1EB7-4F70-A4FF-6BDBD65A1F79.jpeg
    CF171C7C-1EB7-4F70-A4FF-6BDBD65A1F79.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 30745265-22E7-446A-A019-09373B5AA227.jpeg
    30745265-22E7-446A-A019-09373B5AA227.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 11
For what it’s worth, I just wanted to add that this 2.6 km radius does not include 14 Misty Way, Logans Crossing

Attachments

• D9500C06-F651-4EC9-8FB0-08FCD7FF5F10.jpeg
    D9500C06-F651-4EC9-8FB0-08FCD7FF5F10.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 9B60BE39-A146-4F25-A598-F07BB87D6D31.jpeg
    9B60BE39-A146-4F25-A598-F07BB87D6D31.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online