AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my thoughts for being all over the place.

When a young lady has a car accident who does she usually call? Her dad. Unless it is early morning and she is drunk. or unless someone else is with her and helping her.

jmo

When a young lady has a car accident who does she usually call? Her dad. Unless it is early morning and she is drunk. or unless someone else is with her and helping her.

jmo

You are so very right.

My dad passed away a long time ago, and while I have a great relationship with my step-dad my mom is always who my phone call is to... EXCEPT when it involves the car! When my car has been broken into, had battery trouble, gotten a flat.... first call right away is to my step-dad.

But yes, perhaps the late hour is why Adrienne did not call her dad.

jmo

ozgirl! Thank you! This is the kind of answer I was looking for. Do you think it is possible she might have actually called her dad and left a message? I can't imagine wrecking your vehicle and not calling SOMEONE. Some information seems to be missing here. Something just doesn't seem to fit.

Could it be the vehicle was registered to her father? Is it possible someone else might have alerted the father that the car had been left unattended, wrecked?

Thinking out loud...

Regarding the Instagram...

Respectfully, I looked at Adrienne's Instagram account and to me it did not seem unusual. I'm not all that much older than Adrienne and most of what I saw was pop-culture references (Harry Potter, The Walking Dead, popular song lyrics), references to partying, pictures with friends, and yes maybe a little bit of teenage angst. To me, nothing stood out as being depressed or wanting to leave her life.

But, that is just my opinion and makes it no less possible that Adrienne could have up & left while under the mounting frustrations that night seemed to bring.

=)

Regarding the Instagram...

Respectfully, I looked at Adrienne's Instagram account and to me it did not seem unusual. I'm not all that much older than Adrienne and most of what I saw was pop-culture references (Harry Potter, The Walking Dead, popular song lyrics), references to partying, pictures with friends, and yes maybe a little bit of teenage angst. To me, nothing stood out as being depressed or wanting to leave her life.

But, that is just my opinion and makes it no less possible that Adrienne could have up & left while under the mounting frustrations that night seemed to bring.

=)

hmmmm....Dixie811...that is interesting that your take is so different from mine. I have been studying her Instagram account for several days now, almost from the time she went missing, looking for clues. I don't think her mood just 'jumps out at you' but I definitely got the feeling she was trying to get a message across. But I won't continue to belabor the point.

I just wanted someone to know about it and to think there might be another scenario to check out.

That's all.

Thanks for reading my posts very much and thanks so much for all of yours.

~ Miss D

No wait. I don't want to abandon or make light of my interpretation of Adrienne's Instagram account. I believe it provides some very extremely valuable clues as to her emotional state of mind around the time of her disappearance. And with so many contradictory factors that night, and also with such a lack of real solid information, I think that every possible place one can look is a good one.

I'm not ready to concede this line of thinking. I still think it merits more investigation.

Thanks...

By Rachael Levy and Jaclyn Schultz Arizona Republic -12 News Breaking News Desk Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:46 AM

Tempe police and Maricopa County sheriff’s deputies on Saturday morning were conducting an extensive search where a missing 19-year-old college student may have disappeared two weeks ago.

The Sheriff’s Office had set up a command post near Hardy Drive and Brown Street and more than 30 deputies and police officers were searching the area in the case of Adrienne Salinas.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...h-adrienne-salinas-arizona-brk.html#protected

I am a young woman and lived in the same complex as Adrienne only a couple years ago, so this case has resonated with me. I'm currently moving away from a residence at Baseline/Rural, close to where Begay/George lived and Begay's body was found as well. To say that I am shaken is an understatement. I can't say I have any truly fresh insight, but I would like to offer up any local information that I can, like my fellow Tempe residents before me. I agree with goblinsolo that the area surrounding Adrienne's complex is not a safe one. I remember countless occasions where the complex was part of a police perimeter, if I remember correctly due to robberies at the Hardy/University convenience stores. I never felt comfortable. There were handfuls of shady individuals that passed through- residents, guests, transients, etc. I watched a man get arrested from my balcony. I broke my lease and left because the mix of things caused me so much anxiety.

For whatever reason I still cannot discount the theory of the Salinas and Begay/George cases being related, only by chance encounter. Maybe George became blood thirsty after leaving Begay, but again, where would Adrienne be? Would he really become smart enough to, I hate to put it this way, dispose of the body in a less obvious way? I'm wondering if LE has searched the canal just south of Rural/Baseline. Find it as "Sun Circle Trail." It crosses paths directly with Rural Road. I agree that the "swamp" like area near Tempe Town Lake (the Western end, near the pedestrian bridge, correct locals?) may be an area of interest, but surely they would had searched this area while dragging the lake?

Unrelated to Begay/George, it really does seem that the roommates and party goers know more (or perhaps less) than they are attempting to lead us to believe. Absolutely nothing adds up. Maybe they are directly related. Maybe they are whipping up false information out of fear. I think we are funneling too much speculation into the argument with her boyfriend. Teenaged girls get emotional, make lots of phone calls, don't often leave voicemails, are all over the place. From what I have gathered, it seems like a very typical young love argument, like many I have experienced myself. She may had not been in an entirely clear state of mind because of this, but it was probably not her downfall.

Unfortunately I don't think that that there are any clues to be found in social media, Adrienne's especially. Brooding, maybe, but I don't think that it can truly attached to depression. Seems nothing out of the ordinary for a teen girl.

Tempe Police Sgt. Mike Pooley confirmed to ABC15 that more than 100 officers from the Tempe police department, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and the FBI are searching near 5th and Hardy Streets for missing teenager, Adrienne Salinas.

Pooley said officers have been on site since 5 a.m. Saturday morning hoping to find more clues and information that can lead them to Salinas. Officers did not receive any new information or a tip that led to this new search.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...arch-for-missing-19-year-old-adrienne-salinas

mamacita, thank you!! for your incredibly helpful timeline and the tireless updating of it!

I declare you the official Master of the Timeline! :) You should do that in all threads.

thank you, my dear! i've tried in other cases... i've done a few. i'm big on timelines! lol. the thing about most other cases is i either come into them too late and/or the threads are wayyyyyyy too hard to keep up with. another problem is lack of information from MSM or LE regarding timing of events.

in Adrienne's case we seem to have a great amount of times to contribute to a timeline, but even with that, the info is so jumbled that none of it really makes sense.. some of the times are misreported, etc.

my hopes are that now that LE has set up the command post, maybe we'll start to see some more information coming directly from them instead of MSM.. which can draw their info from so many places.

2 weeks is way too long for Adrienne to be missing & it's way too hot out there. i hope we can find a conclusion for her and her family soon!

I am a young woman and lived in the same complex as Adrienne only a couple years ago

Welcome. Can you tell us the address of this complex? I'm still trying to get a feel for why she would be so off course in relation to where she lived, where she abandoned her car, and where she requested the cab.

Thanks in advance!

FBI? Is that odd? I don't know... wonder what brought them in.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

They haven't assumed jurisdiction and are only assisting the investigation. I believe their services were requested and granted a few days ago.

Why would she walk back to her apartment to make a phone call on her cell phone? Why not walk to the convenience store from where her car was? That doesn't make any sense to me. Was the party still going on at her apt when she left?

Police said a witness saw Salinas' car hit a curb around 3:45 a.m., and then drive off with two flat tires.

Salinas walked a quarter mile back to her apartment and called a cab around 5 a.m., the report said. She asked to be picked up at a nearby convenience store.

Police said her cellphone either died or was turned off minutes after the call was placed.

Her family is also concerned for her health, as her father said she had surgery on a collapsed lung in February.

He also said she may have been emotional over a small argument she was having with her boyfriend, and the car crash may have added to her distress,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...woman-disappearance-as-family-holds-out-hope/

thank you, my dear! i've tried in other cases... i've done a few. i'm big on timelines! lol. the thing about most other cases is i either come into them too late and/or the threads are wayyyyyyy too hard to keep up with. another problem is lack of information from MSM or LE regarding timing of events.

in Adrienne's case we seem to have a great amount of times to contribute to a timeline, but even with that, the info is so jumbled that none of it really makes sense.. some of the times are misreported, etc.

my hopes are that now that LE has set up the command post, maybe we'll start to see some more information coming directly from them instead of MSM.. which can draw their info from so many places.

2 weeks is way too long for Adrienne to be missing & it's way too hot out there. i hope we can find a conclusion for her and her family soon!

Hello, your timelines are wonderful to be able to refer back to and it's great that you continually update them as well. It's like trying to solve a crossword puzzle. You keep referring to the chain of events and without the timeline, even if the information isn't completely and totally correct due to conflicting memories, etc., it still gives one something to go by.

Thanks so much for the time and thought you put into it!

Why would she walk back to her apartment to make a phone call on her cell phone? Why not walk to the convenience store from where her car was? That doesn't make any sense to me. Was the party still going on at her apt when she left?

That's a good question. Could it be possible that her phone battery had already died and she had to go back to hook it up to the charger to make more calls? Maybe she went back long enough to do this and put a small charge on it before she took off again. Does anyone know if there was a land line at the apartment that she might have also used?

Also, the question of why she asked the cabbie to meet her at the AMPM instead of the apartment. It's possible she didn't want anyone to know where she lived. But why?

So many unanswered questions.

I'm still holding out hope that she is alive somewhere.

But it only says they found A KEY, NOT keys.

The key at the house was a car key.

They did not find her house keys with it.

Maybe She simply decided she no longer needed her car key after the wreck and took it off her key chain. She packed her house keys in her overnight bag? Figured she would leave the car key? Why? So someone at the apt maybe offered to move the car for her?

Maybe her bf offered to pay for can once she arrived at his house so she had no reason to need wallet?

Perhaps she just packed some cash in the overnight bag to pay for cab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz