AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the quoted makes sense. Study it carefully. There is no way Adrienne was at Brown and Roosevelt at 5am and called the cab guy at 5:06 saying she'd be at Hardy and University 'in a minute'. Heck, if she were at Brown and Roosevelt at 4:30 there would be no reason for her to be if she left her apartment at 3 or 3:30. And then a) why go back to her car and b) why choose the AMPM from there? It's a 15-20 minute walk in the wrong direction (away from her apt and her boyfriend's joint).

This is just mind boggling. There is no way that this adds up with the information that we have. Virtually none of it works, even if we were to try to adjust some of the times.

yes, EXACTLY! too many holes.

and insightful first post there missdemeanor! welcome! I do not do FB or instagram or hashtag anything (but I know what it is), so I appreciate your insights and opinions, and agree that sites like those CAN shed light on someone's personality, state of mind, etc. good sleuthing!

Welcome to WS and the thread MissDemeanor! I love your screen name :)

Very insightful post, and it might well be true. I pointed out earlier that the 11 calls to her bf look like she was desperate and on edge.

Maybe you are right and she just took off? Or even harmed herself?

hmmmm, we hadn't seriously considered this new idea. Wonder what others think. It seems as valid as anything else (maybe even more valid in this mess of a timeline we have) and now I feel sad in a whole new way for her, after learning about her social media.

Ugh, not knowing sucks. Even for people we don't know but who touch our lives in other ways.

I'm sure there is more to the story, I have never heard of hitting a curb so hard it popped your tires (plural, as in more than one)?

Unfortunately it's possible... I popped two on my mum's car when she was trying to teach me to drive. And we hadn't even left the car park!

They're saying the bag she packed was not in the vehicle (and hasn't shown up) but her wallet and key(s?) were at her apartment. Why would she bother to take the bag of clothing with her but not her key or wallet?

This will sound ridiculous to anyone thinking rationally but bear in mind we're talking about an upset and possibly drunk young woman... Maybe she would leave her keys and wallet so her boyfriend would have to let her in?? What boyfriend, however cross he might be, would leave his partner outside in the middle of the night if she couldn't get back in to her own house and didn't have any money? She was obviously hoping to stay because of the overnight bag. Relationships at 19 can be quite dramatic.

Just a thought, and haven't finished reading yet so may well be discounted later :)

Great first post missdemeanor. Welcome to WS and Adrienne's thread. I can't seem to get the smilies to work or I'd give you a proper welcome.

I hadn't considered she just might have wanted to get away from her life and go somewhere fun. Thanks for giving me something new to ponder. :)

http://www.kpho.com/story/22719989/...ooking-at-those-closest-to-missing-tempe-teen

Sorry this isn't much new info but it reveals that this party wasn't just a get together or "kickback" as we called it in Uni but 40 people at the party... It also alludes to the theory that this wasn't a random abduction or assault but either an impulsive attack or a methodically, calculated crime.

I think the fact that her boyfriend was really more of a FWB that she still held emotional attachment too along with the introduction of a depressant (alcohol) into the already chemically imbalanced body of a teenager might have led her to fall into the arms of a Rebound (monster) at this party. Maybe this guy wanted his way with her and was rejected and/or would not allow her to go back to her ''boyfriend''. We can still look to the "snitches get stitches" comment as she could have very well stumbled upon some grave secret that someone didn't want being revealed.

http://www.kpho.com/story/22719989/...ooking-at-those-closest-to-missing-tempe-teen

Sorry this isn't much new info but it reveals that this party wasn't just a get together or "kickback" as we called it in Uni but 40 people at the party... It also alludes to the theory that this wasn't a random abduction or assault but either an impulsive attack or a methodically, calculated crime.

I think the fact that her boyfriend was really more of a FWB that she still held emotional attachment too along with the introduction of a depressant (alcohol) into the already chemically imbalanced body of a teenager might have led her to fall into the arms of a Rebound (monster) at this party. Maybe this guy wanted his way with her and was rejected and/or would not allow her to go back to her ''boyfriend''. We can still look to the "snitches get stitches" comment as she could have very well stumbled upon some grave secret that someone didn't want being revealed.

I agree! A grave secret was discovered, she was hushed because of it.
LE needs to keep talking to the friends someone may crack!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Why did the father say the last time he saw Adrienne she hugged him a little bit longer than normal and said "Bye Daddy". Why did he say they didn't think she ran away? If I were her parent I would so wish she had run away rather than be abducted or perhaps murdered. Why is he stressing how happy her life was? She clearly had issues as anyone who looks at her Instagram account could see. I don't mean to sound callous here but could it be that they don't want anyone to think she might have taken off because then no one would donate to the reward fund and also the police might stop looking for her since there is no law that says you can't run away. Not to mention the fact that she is an adult and could leave anytime she wanted.

Another curious thing: The grandmother or mother, whoever it was, that said they hoped she was warm. Could it be she had some inkling that Adrienne might be somewhere other than Arizona? Could she have known Adrienne might have been thinking of taking off to go somewhere? A wise old grandmother might feel it best not to reveal everything she knows.

It seems unbelievable to me that in light of everything else that happened that night ( 1. fighting with her boyfriend and jumping out of his car 2. wrecking her car 3. leaving behind her keys and wallet 4. missing the cabdriver ) that she could have actually been so unlucky that she was also abducted or the victim of some kind of criminal action. Penelope Pinstop wasn't even that unlucky.

Yes I know it sounds unlikely and none of the pieces of the puzzle fit together but somehow I think this young girl was just so disillusioned, felt her life was such a dead-end, felt abandoned by her boyfriend, etc that she was just trying to survive life and perhaps did indeed just take off for Mexico or somewhere else.

She was a server at a restaurant and could have saved her tips so that she didn't need to take her wallet. She might have made friends who live in Rocky Point while she was there.

She may need help if she is depressed. I wish LE would check out Rocky Point.

Lastly, I do feel terribly sorry for her family and my heart seriously hurts for them but one thing keeps bothering me. Why on Sunday was her father so worried about her when she didn't call him that he went looking for her car? She was a nineteen year old young woman, not a child. What was it that caused him such concern. Did he know or suspect that she was suffering from depression (if she was)?

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, that she may have run away. It is true I would so much rather that were the case than that something really horrible happened to her. But I just keep picking up these vibes........

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes from AzPistonsGirl, Elainera and Seajay. Very nice to meet you. :)

~ MissD

PS....One more thing. If, let's just say if, she had taken off while she was so distraught and planned on being gone for maybe a day or a couple of days, she might be seriously afraid to come back after the car wreck, the police searching the lake...everyone thinking she is dead. She may be trying to work up the courage.

Why did the father say the last time he saw Adrienne she hugged him a little bit longer than normal and said "Bye Daddy". Why did he say they didn't think she ran away? If I were her parent I would so wish she had run away rather than be abducted or perhaps murdered. Why is he stressing how happy her life was? She clearly had issues as anyone who looks at her Instagram account could see. I don't mean to sound callous here but could it be that they don't want anyone to think she might have taken off because then no one would donate to the reward fund and also the police might stop looking for her since there is no law that says you can't run away. Not to mention the fact that she is an adult and could leave anytime she wanted.

Another curious thing: The grandmother or mother, whoever it was, that said they hoped she was warm. Could it be she had some inkling that Adrienne might be somewhere other than Arizona? Could she have known Adrienne might have been thinking of taking off to go somewhere? A wise old grandmother might feel it best not to reveal everything she knows.

It seems unbelievable to me that in light of everything else that happened that night ( 1. fighting with her boyfriend and jumping out of his car 2. wrecking her car 3. leaving behind her keys and wallet 4. missing the cabdriver ) that she could have actually been so unlucky that she was also abducted or the victim of some kind of criminal action. Penelope Pinstop wasn't even that unlucky.

Yes I know it sounds unlikely and none of the pieces of the puzzle fit together but somehow I think this young girl was just so disillusioned, felt her life was such a dead-end, felt abandoned by her boyfriend, etc that she was just trying to survive life and perhaps did indeed just take off for Mexico or somewhere else.

She was a server at a restaurant and could have saved her tips so that she didn't need to take her wallet. She might have made friends who live in Rocky Point while she was there.

She may need help if she is depressed. I wish LE would check out Rocky Point.

Lastly, I do feel terribly sorry for her family and my heart seriously hurts for them but one thing keeps bothering me. Why on Sunday was her father so worried about her when she didn't call him that he went looking for her car? She was a nineteen year old young woman, not a child. What was it that caused him such concern. Did he know or suspect that she was suffering from depression (if she was)?

Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part, that she may have run away. It is true I would so much rather that were the case than that something really horrible happened to her. But I just keep picking up these vibes........

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes from AzPistonsGirl, Elainera and Seajay. Very nice to meet you. :)

~ MissD

PS....One more thing. If, let's just say if, she had taken off while she was so distraught and planned on being gone for maybe a day or a couple of days, she might be seriously afraid to come back after the car wreck, the police searching the lake...everyone thinking she is dead. She may be trying to work up the courage.

Good questions. Just wanted to address the part I bolded. Parents don't stop worrying about their children when they reach adulthood. Nineteen is still young and many, many parents would have the same concerns when their daughter didn't come home or contact them. Heck, my dad was still looking out for me when I was twice that age!

How long did the cab driver wait around for her? How many additional times did he try to get through after the phone went to voicemail? Did he have another run after AS?

It sounds to me like the cab driver, being innocent, gave LE permission to search his home and to take DNA to quickly eliminate himself.

I wonder how many of the party goers gave DNA.

Why didnt she want to be picked up at her house? This detail is a bit of a sticking point for me. I understand the AMPM is less than 1/4 mile from her house. Was there someone or something at the house she was trying to avoid? Why did she leave the comfort of her home to walk that extra distance after the night she had? Why not let the cabbie pick you up at home? If she needed cigs or something, the cabbie could stop.

jmo

I believe the wreck happened earlier than we thought before she called for a cab.

I don't really trust the times her roommates gave LE as to when she was at the Apt last bc they all were not sober and in the right frame of mind.

I think it would have taken way more than 15-20 minutes for her to get in a wreck and then safely move her car to a less busy street off the parkway.

Good point about her maybe wanting to hit up the AMPM instead of home to get ciggs or coffee/water etc.

yes, EXACTLY! too many holes.

and insightful first post there missdemeanor! welcome! I do not do FB or instagram or hashtag anything (but I know what it is), so I appreciate your insights and opinions, and agree that sites like those CAN shed light on someone's personality, state of mind, etc. good sleuthing!

Her BF lived in Scottsdale North of that AMPM.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...arch-for-missing-19-year-old-adrienne-salinas

Well i would have loved nothing more than to hear some inkling of suspicion or progress but it seems they are still just fumbling for the answers....it is nice that LE from all levels (local, county, fed) in the numbers of 100 are dedicated to the cause still. Now all we can do is pray and just sincerely hope for the best outcome.

Maybe a stranger got into the party?

At those college parties in Tempe (went to ASU at 19 - party central) especially in apartments, basically anyone is invited.

Friend of a friend or even stranger.

If you heard about it, you're welcome. Practically open door policy as long as you weren't a cop.

The room mates did not see her when she came back to the apartment/party after the car accident. So nobody knows for sure that she was there.
BUT
Her wallet and keys were found at the apartment.

When? On Sunday after her father had called police?

If someone other than Adrienne returned those things to the apartment, they had until Sunday to do so.

:twocents:

:moo::moo:

Thank you:blushing:

I'm not an expert sleuther by any means, but I do have my moments. :floorlaugh:

Another thought...
Is there a recording of the call to the cab company?
I'm wondering if there was confusion over the pick up address, considering it doesn't makes sense for Adrienne to walk all that distance i the wrong direction. Unless she got a lift partway and was dropped off in that area. If this were true though, someone should have come forward by now.

IMO

Good questions. Just wanted to address the part I bolded. Parents don't stop worrying about their children when they reach adulthood. Nineteen is still young and many, many parents would have the same concerns when their daughter didn't come home or contact them. Heck, my dad was still looking out for me when I was twice that age!

I understand, TxLady2, and as a parent myself I know we always worry about our kids. But perhaps my sentence was too short, not fully explaining my question. I had so many of them. ;)

Let me attempt to clarify. I think there was something that caused the father to be more alarmed than perhaps he or any other parent normally would have been. He had been told by her roommates that she had gone to visit her boyfriend. I would assume they might have told him approximately the time, etc. So if he has a grown daughter who is in a relationship with a guy would he go out looking for her car or would he assume she spent the night with him and she might have forgotten it was Father's Day and will call him later.

Perhaps my question might have been better worded if I had said, what did he know that caused him such alarm that he left his home on Father's Day and went searching for his daughter's car? Was it something the roommates told him? Was it something the boyfriend said if and when he called there? (Assuming he might have.) Was it something Adrienne had said before? Or to repeat myself....did he know she was having a difficult time emotionally or was depressed (if she was)?

But then if she had 'taken off' she couldn't just leave the vehicle there unattended. Someone would have to find it before it got towed off.

Is there anyone else who copies me on this?

I don't suspect the parents of course. But to me there are simply too many unanswered questions and her whereabouts, no matter why she is missing, is so important that I believe no stone should be left unturned.

I doubt seriously that the police know about her account on Instagram.

I don't think they put a lot of stock into social media. And they really should because these days kids spend so much time online and also meet so many strangers...

Just thinking out loud. Forgive me if I have presented a theory that somehow goes against the grain. Like I said...I'm just picking up vibes like everyone else, only mine are coming from a slightly different direction.

I keep seeing a visual of this very sad girl saying "All dressed up with nowhere to go." And the hashtag #walkingdead

Again...I think she might have been having a very difficult time emotionally.

~ MissD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member