AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head is about to explode. NONE of this makes sense and the more information the more veiled it becomes.

If LE felt as confused as we do now, is that why they searched his appartment and took DNA?

They must be suspicious to do that right? Or is it routine to search houses and take DNA of people last in contact with a missing person?

Why would he call her back so fast??

Cabs generally call you the minute they get to where you asked them to be (sometimes before, IME.) This makes sure you still need a cab, so they're not sitting around waiting when you're already gone. It also establishes the time of arrival in case they need to charge you for having to wait.

The supposed calls before the cab driver arrived seem a bit hinky, IMO.

Hmm. Interesting new info. I'll need to sit on it for a bit.

latest & greatest..

Saturday, June 15th:

3:00am – Last seen by roommates when she left to go to boyfriend’s home. (1) Her apartment is on Ash Avenue (6)
3:44am – Police received a 911 call that Adrienne’s car had hit a median at Ash & Rio Salado Parkway. Passerby saw car driving erratically behind her, so she moved over and let the car pass. (4) Adrienne’s car was then driven less than a mile to Brown and Roosevelt. Police say that from there, she walked a ¼ mile back to her apartment where she changed clothes, leaving behind her wallet and keys. (9) Witness says “they” in her 911 call. Operator asked how many people she thought was in the car and the witness said she thought there were two, she thought she saw one in the passenger seat. (10).

I just caught this. Not that it makes any difference from the other information we've gotten since but

she was last seen at 3:00 am by roommates when she left her apartment to go to her boyfriends.

3:44 am. 44 minutes later, she was in a car accident right down the street?? How come it took her 44 minutes to get just a few miles.

Even this seems hinky. Just like everything else does in this case.

Now I read that she and the cabbie kept missing each other in phone calls when she supposedly was just minutes away.

And once again, now she was seen back on Roosevelt and Brown over an hour after the call about the accident???

The longer I follow this case, the more confused I get.

I wonder what made her choose that particular cab company as it seems rather obscure. I don't know if she had the number saved in her phone or if she did a keyword search, but I'm in the Phoenix area and I've never heard of that company. Their website looks a bit slapdash. That doesn't mean they aren't completely professional, but it gives me pause. Why wait 20 minutes for a cab from them instead of calling one of the many other companies with larger fleets? I suppose if her phone was on the verge of dying that could explain it...and who knows what her state of mind was at that point.

http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...cab-company-called-by-missing-teen-speaks-out

"Simon said his son called Salinas at 5:04 a.m. and 5:05 a.m. to make sure she was headed to the gas station. He said at 5:06 a.m., Salinas called his son, saying she'd be there in a minute. Then he called Salinas at 5:07 a.m. looking for her, but the phone went to voicemail."

She called him at 5:06 saying she would be there and he called her back at 5:07 wanting to know where she was ??? :phone:

That does sound a bit weird. Maybe after she said she was a minute away in the 5:06 call, he then thought rather than her walking the rest of the way he might be able to spot her on foot and pick her up sooner? So he then called her back to try and find out which direction she was walking up from. I've never known a cabbie to call several times on the way though, all the firms I've used have only done a text/callback when they're actually sitting there at the location.

It's good to have a few extra details, but I'm still not really any further forward on a strong theory.

I think I'm inclined to agree on the battery of her phone having died, it does sound like it was in use a lot on the night.

With the new cab information, it sounds like the cabbie actually spoke to her at 5:06, as quoted, "she said she'd be there in a minute," by the cabbie's father. This a critical piece of information, that it was her voice on the phone. IF that is accurate (and a big if right now), it helps to show that whatever happened prior (car accident, walk back to her apt, planning on going to bf's) she was alive and seemingly in control of herself and planning on going to the cab, as has been reported. So, if I take this cabbie and his father to be accurate and truthful, whatever happened to her, occurred in a tiny window of time, as she said she would be there in a minute, and likely somewhere in the neighborhood of the AMPM.

Now, as has been reported, the cabbie's house was searched and DNA taken, and the father said they are both cooperating with LE. If I'm LE I take an extra, second and third look at the cabbie, father, and cab company.

So if this is all accurate, that leaves 3 scenarios of what happened to Adrienne.

So then what did the Cab driver do? Did he call dispatch to get another pick up since Adrienne wasn't there? Is there video of the cab driver at the am/pm?

Obviously if he didn't pick up the fare at am/pm, he would call for another one and tell dispatch that this one was a no show. Then he would continue working. I would assume that that didn't happen if his apt was searched.

Was that his last fare of the shift for him?

Did he just go home from there?

Did he bring the cab back to the office or does he usually keep it?

With the new cab information, it sounds like the cabbie actually spoke to her at 5:06, as quoted, "she said she'd be there in a minute," by the cabbie's father. This a critical piece of information, that it was her voice on the phone. IF that is accurate (and a big if right now), it helps to show that whatever happened prior (car accident, walk back to her apt, planning on going to bf's) she was alive and seemingly in control of herself and planning on going to the cab, as has been reported. So, if I take this cabbie and his father to be accurate and truthful, whatever happened to her, occurred in a tiny window of time, as she said she would be there in a minute, and likely somewhere in the neighborhood of the AMPM.

Now, as has been reported, the cabbie's house was searched and DNA taken, and the father said they are both cooperating with LE. If I'm LE I take an extra, second and third look at the cabbie, father, and cab company.

So if this is all accurate, that leaves 3 scenarios of what happened to Adrienne.

BBM. Or at least, a female, as he probably wouldn't know her exact voice.

So then what did the Cab driver do? Did he call dispatch to get another pick up since Adrienne wasn't there? Is there video of the cab driver at the am/pm?

Obviously if he didn't pick up the fare at am/pm, he would call for another one and tell dispatch that this one was a no show. Then he would continue working. I would assume that that didn't happen if his apt was searched.

They mention that on the AMPM security cam footage hes shown at the station but she never appears. My question is since theres about 100 security cameras in that area have they REALLY looked hard enough?

So a quick review.... if everything the cab company said is accurate we can still not confirm it was her that made the cab call, also rather peculiar she called the boyfriend 11 times but didn't leave a singlevoicemail. Given the extreme and out of ordinary events leading up to her calls she had every reason to mention these things in text. Especially if she was urgently trying to reach him iI'm pretty sure texting "I was in a car accident my car is destroyed" would net more attention than the vague "I'm coming over". Methinks the text and cab calls were from someone else and maybe her 11 calls in rapid succession were in extreme duress like maybe being followed/chased.

What I do not understand is the 3:00 am sighting by her roommates before she was driven to her boyfriends house. Supposedly she was driven to the boyfriend's house, then drove back to her apartment. Got her car and got in the accident at the median.

Can a local help to establish how long the drive would be to the boyfriend's and back? Would that be enough time to put Adrienne having an accident in the median at 3:44am? TIA

well, with all the info seeming to change or be different, its almost impossible to figure out even locations or time(s) of incidents.

im not satisfied with how the media has dealt with this; i don't know if they are being honest with the release of info, or the police for that matter. the timeline keeps changing, the roommate knows details of the last moments before a salinas dissapeared, we aren't told where the accident occured in terms of it being north or south on ash/rio salado. was this at the crazy bend by tempe town lake?

so, we are all merely having to really REACH to even draw any conclusions, that are not conclusions but far fetched theories.

2 wks to send in the hounds? gimme a break. a 9/11 call where a person says she might of seen 2 people in car? ONLY the father being concerned of her missing in the first day she wasnt around? there is enough weird stuff to prob keep detectives and fbi quite busy on this. all the people at the party, even the cabbie stuff now doesn't make sense.

this mental exercise of trying to DISAMBIGUATE this whole news story, info, and at the end of this, is a missing girl. a father who is ruined.... a community that doesn't seem to really even care outside of her immediate family, and what i am figuring to be a very awful conclusion filled with characters' that are NOT the boogey man snatching her but someone close to her, potentially in a group of unsaviory people doing dirt...

i went out last night, biked the hood again. the entire lake area, BOTH SIDES... (it was a beautiful night btw.) 5th and hardy park... roosevelt and brown. up/down roosevelt and down 5th to the convenience store.

it was quiet, almost peaceful. no answers, just lonely roads.

hopefully, the cops/fbi are on it, and figure this out. what is it, 10-11 days? not a good sign.

I just caught this. Not that it makes any difference from the other information we've gotten since but

she was last seen at 3:00 am by roommates when she left her apartment to go to her boyfriends.

3:44 am. 44 minutes later, she was in a car accident right down the street?? How come it took her 44 minutes to get just a few miles.

Even this seems hinky. Just like everything else does in this case.

Now I read that she and the cabbie kept missing each other in phone calls when she supposedly was just minutes away.

And once again, now she was seen back on Roosevelt and Brown over an hour after the call about the accident???

The longer I follow this case, the more confused I get.

I wouldn't place too much importance on the statement of the roommate that she saw her leaving at 3am. They had a party, certainly there was booze and whatnot and I'm sure nobody looked at their watch to keep track of Adrienne's comings and goings. Why would they?

Then they were questioned a day or two later and vaguely remembered that it was around 3. Given that the 911 call was made at 3:44 I think we can savely assume that she left the appartment at around 3:30.

"Simon said his son called Salinas at 5:04 a.m. and 5:05 a.m. to make sure she was headed to the gas station. He said at 5:06 a.m., Salinas called his son, saying she'd be there in a minute. Then he called Salinas at 5:07 a.m. looking for her, but the phone went to voicemail.

"In a place like this, they would get out, look around, make sure the person wasn't in the store," Simon said. He said his son did just that but never saw Salinas. "

http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...cab-company-called-by-missing-teen-speaks-out

Cabbie also searched the store when Adrienne didn't show up.

That's quite a lot of phone calls:
Son (cabbie) calls A at 5:04 a.m. and 5:05 a.m.
A calls cabbie at 5:06 am.
Son again calls A at 5:07 am.

I suppose these times have been established by LE after looking at her phone records.

That's every minute one call. Weird.

Also weird: the father says A called for the first time at 4:23 and "the closest driver was about 20 minutes away". Then why did the cabbie call A back at 5:04 and not at 4:43? What did he do for more than 20 minutes? That's a lot of unaccounted time. :waitasec:

I can understand why LE was searching the cabbie's home.

Yes Elainera, if they searched his apt and took a DNA sample there must be something hinky about him.

My thoughts were if the cabbie didn't see her there...then drove away, and drove down the street and saw her.....picked her up...then did something nefarious....I was just wondering was the cabbie accounted for after the 5:07 call....he was seen on am/pm. But did he go home? Did he go back to the office? Did he call in to dispatch and say fare was a no show, and got another assignment?

If all of the recent reports are true, then something happened to her in a 60 second span (5:06-5:07). I wonder if they can track where her phone last pinged between those two times? That's where we may find our answer.

Again, this is assuming that the most recent reports and times are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member