Found Deceased AZ - Corey Bailey, 31, remote area near Castle Hot Springs, 29 Dec 2019

Great find! So, this was 9 days after he disappeared.

@Billi@m, do you know anything about the warrant? MOO
Corey's wife Jessica watches this forum and messaged me that the warrant was so that they could legally look through his journal, phone, and laptop. She may yet join and become a member to participate. We'll see.

I didn't see anything else on the rest of the photos, but I often don't, so I'll make another pass and hopefully something will turn up.

I think there are quite a lot of places where the photos don't show what's behind rocks, under shrubbery, etc. So not seeing anything in the photos doesn't necessarily mean there's nothing there.

I didn't see anything else on the rest of the photos, but I often don't, so I'll make another pass and hopefully something will turn up.

I think there are quite a lot of places where the photos don't show what's behind rocks, under shrubbery, etc. So not seeing anything in the photos doesn't necessarily mean there's nothing there.

I didn't see anything on a second pass, except for that place I mentioned earlier along the bluff where it looks like somebody or something slipped.

Have there been any updates?

The last two weeks of May, between terms, I took some time and went through about 75% of the photos, first on my phone (tiny screen but really great resolution) and then on my 25" monitor (good resolution, different impressions).

What was striking was how much wildlife I saw on my big screen versus the small screen. Nature is good at camouflage. Tons of burros. Some javelinas, plenty of coyotes. Some of the animals are looking into the camera - bet they don't see a lot of drones (maybe they feel about drones like I feel about leaf blowers)?

There appears to be a small, shiny, man-made object in some of the photos. It appears to be metallic and aqua in color. I think you can see it on 108 & 111 (will double check the numbers). Maybe a mylar balloon that floated in and caught on the rocks? It's kind of in a natural drain on the top of a ridge leading to a drop-off.

But Corey doesn't strike me as the type to haul shiny stuff into nature? All I know is from this forum, but his apparel seems more organic.

Otherwise, there's just a lot of nature. Too many white rocks to specifically distinguish bone vs rock. I saw a rabbit (who was well into the afterlife) stretched over a rock, which was odd, as there were also vultures here and there and coyotes that would have made a fast appetizer of the bunny, but this was closer to the bottom of the hill nearer the road/trail, so it might have been some kind of trap set by a local? Or the bunny was diseased and the other animals knew not to eat it?

I think my desire to find something/anything made me tend to see things that weren't there. That's when the multiple photos come in handy. What appears to be one thing in one shot turns out to be cacti and a shadow in another.

The late night I looked on my phone I saw an illusion of a woman in a dress curled up on a rock. However, it was REALLY late, I was really tired, and I realized the woman in question would have had to been 20 feet tall, based on the proportions around it. Gave me goosebumps, but then the next morning it seemed to be so much less evident that it had been the night before.

As noted above, there's VERY little indication of disruption by man except what looks like the skid mark. In 400 or so photos I examined, there is just very little indication of human presence at all.

But that said, when you look at Corey's shoes, they're ideal tracking shoes - for tracking others/animals. They won't leave much of a mark anywhere.

I compiled a couple emails with screenshots as I looked, but when I re-evaluated, it felt like a whole lot of nothing, so they're still in my drafts. I will revisit now that some time has passed to see if I see anything of what I saw before.

There's not even indication of old campfires - very little disturbed earth at all. Granted, a good hiker wouldn't leave much, but there would be some evidence.

Hoping he decided to live in nature for a while, having those skills. Something about him seems very at ease in the photo where he's going into the ravine, like he is "of that geography."

I can believe there are happy cave dwellers there. The landscape is brutal but beautiful, and much to be said for being able to retreat that deeply into nature.

I know that doesn't help family/friends much. Sorry. I wanted to help. Won't give up and won't give up hope.

@QuietStrength I have this case in my watch list. Nothing had been posted in quite some time. I couldn’t find this thread until today. Thanks for the update and your efforts.

Your words about CB in that photo of him walking away - perfect description.

Oh how I wish he would walk right back into the lives of those who know and love him.

Yesterday was a year since he dissapeared. We still have no idea what has happened to him. His sister had gotten a weird voicemail this last july from a phone number in Mexico. The sound is very broken up and we can't understand what is being said. We both tried to call the number back, and incoming calls couldnt go through. So as of now, we still have nothing.

I still swear what little could be made out sounded like him, its probably wishful thinking. I sent the file to the dective as well as the phone number and he pretty much blew me off and told me to try and call it back.
That's wild...is it possible Corey could have come across something going on in the desert and was taken? I hope you get somewhere with that lead.

Some posts have been removed.

There are no verified insiders in this case and Websleuths will only make announcements when it is clear that LE has released information.

Corey was my husband and yavapai notified us of his death and recovery. Thanks for deleting
I am so terribly sorry. Please accept my sincerest condolences. :(
t4527.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500